It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me this is normal .

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

All I said was this does not feel right to me.

Sorry you view me as arrogant. IMO that speaks more about you and your views than my own

edit on 19-12-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Special place in Hell. Very special place in Hell is reserved for them ,............ and their guns.

I think you got lost, nobody is talking about guns here.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

So another words (and to recap): if ten people fell of their bicycles at the same time, and 5 were hysterically crying and 5 were laughed about it....the 5 who didn't react like you would, would be deemed abnormal?

Wow!

That analogy is flawed. Seriously?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
He seems almost psychotic. Very weird.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Somehow you are using yourself as a gauge and frankly you come off extremely arrogant and clueless.

Just curious what do you use as a gauge to view the world you reside in, the TV?

I prefer using my "self".

Best wishes!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
one thing i find wrong with people insulting the skeptics.skeptics keep searching for the facts were ever that leads to,even if it is to the fact it did hapen.but the ones setteling on the "official" story even with the conflicting evidences,ignoring them is troubleling to see among people. and evevn convincing them self of why its normal.with out looking further. unless there is a motive to such actions.
edit on 19-12-2012 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyntheticPerception

Sorry you view me as arrogant

But in all due respect (and I am assuming here) it doesn't feel right to you simply because YOU wouldn't be laughing, correct?

There are countless cases where parents who lost a child were filmed laughing at their graveyard. Some celebrate death. Most mourn it. We're all wired differently and there are many exceptions to the proverbial rule.

When some people get nervous (ESPECIALLY in front of cameras and hoards of onlookers) some tend to smile, giggle, laugh etc, as a knee jerk reaction no matter what the topic. That has been documented as a classic reaction.

Listen, this world would be extremely boring if everybody did the same thing and reacted the same way all the time. In fact, we'll be considered robots when that happens.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This thread sickens me. Think about it....this is a thread that is basically telling someone that just lost their child how they should be reacting.

And someone actually messaged this poor man? WTF is wrong with you people?

So many possible reasons for his behavior.
He's on medication.
He simply ran out of tears. I know I did on Friday.
He had a fond memory of his daughter while preparing for his speech, which allowed him to momentarily escape the grief.
While giving the speech he was nervous that he would not appear emotional enough for judgmental viewers which made it seem insincere.

But I guess it's more fun to make believe that he's an actor. That the American government hired all of these actors, hell, created an entire town to pull this off.

Sadly that's not the case. Children are dead and parents are grieving in their own ways, Let them be.

edit on 19-12-2012 by Ireminisce because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by bumpufirst
one thing i find wrong with people insulting the skeptics.skeptics keep searching for the facts were ever that leads to,even if it is to the fact it did hapen.but the ones setteling on the "official" story even with the conflicting evidences,ignoring them is troubleling to see among people. and evevn convincing them self of why its normal.with out looking further.

There is no official story yet. What's the matter with you? Are we existing in different time lines?
The victims haven't even all been buried. The coroner is still counting bullet holes. Good friggin lord people!!

This isn't like the 9-11 Commission Report (4 years later).
The details in this case are some getting ironed out. It's only 144 hours old!!
Again, what's the matter with some of you?

If you look for trouble you're going to find it so being this judgmental so early on, people like you will never be satisfied.... so why bother?

This was NOT an 'inside job'. Once you wrap your head around that and get that out of your mind then.....you need to let this story develop.

I gotta get off here. Truly disappointing. Truly discouraging.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
the guy lost his daughter.. leave him the f-- alone

its not staged.. people are so frikin stupid.. this tragedy is bad enough

lets not make it worse
edit on 19-12-2012 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Well there are two judgement's one could make here... the one where the man looks nervous and the other where he looks like he's prepping for a drama scene.I agree with the statement not to judge without factual basis,but i also like to think my 35 years of existence has not led me down a path of being completely gullible...My personal perception the mans eyes seemed empty and void of emotion...just my perception.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Somehow you are using yourself as a gauge and frankly you come off extremely arrogant and clueless.

Just curious what do you use as a gauge to view the world you reside in, the TV?

I prefer using my "self".

Best wishes!

I gauge it on individuality and letting people be themselves and TRYING not to be judgmental.

There's an arrogance when people use themselves as models when it comes to judging 7-billion other people on this planet.

PS. I tossed my television set years ago

Carry on with a closed mind and cold heart.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I wish I could delete this entire thread!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Onewhoknowsjesus

His eyes seem void of emotion? Haven't you ever been emotionally drained? Our hearts can only take so much. I remember being so exhausted on Friday.

I was emotionally drained. By 9pm I couldn't cry any more. I just collapsed as soon as I got my kids in bed. I needed to sleep to stop feeling the sadness, and I live in Tx. No where near Newtown. I didn't lose anyone that day.

Some people simply can't be in a constant state of sadness. Like I said in an earlier post, he probably had a nice memory of his daughter and was more than willing to let that take him away for a moment.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ireminisce
reply to post by Onewhoknowsjesus

His eyes seem void of emotion? Haven't you ever been emotionally drained? Our hearts can only take so much. I remember being so exhausted on Friday.

I was emotionally drained. By 9pm I couldn't cry any more. I just collapsed as soon as I got my kids in bed. I needed to sleep to stop feeling the sadness, and I live in Tx. No where near Newtown. I didn't lose anyone that day.

Some people simply can't be in a constant state of sadness. Like I said in an earlier post, he probably had a nice memory of his daughter and was more than willing to let that take him away for a moment.

i live in kc.. no one in newtown either and my heart just broke for the parents

these people are going through something most cant even fathom.. what the hell is the right reaction

again leave him the f-- alone

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

So just because it took you a short while to come to a different conclusion than your original gut feeling, you expect everyone else who is still using that initial gut feeling to change their views just because you have?

You sir, are a blithering idiot.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

and you know this isnt a inside,lol, job,lol, how?like you said premature,especially to be avoiding facts and findings.like you said,who looks for trouble finds it.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Sorry you view me as arrogant. IMO that speaks more about you and your views than my own

dang this pisses me off.. people that probably dont evn have kids making a stupid assumption that hes fakin it

hes probably just a shadow of his true self right now.. he probably still waits for his daughter to come home

its only been a couple days wtf..

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh jesus criminy delete this thread

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I am going to give the guy the benefit of doubt here and say he was trying to keep his mind occupied with anything to keep from breaking down completely.
The people that should be talked bad about are the reporters and producers of these news shows that are like sharks circling a sinking ship. They should have the decency to give these poor people some space and not hound them for interviews and put them in the spotlight before their kids are even burred. They could ask for interviews and stuff after the funerals. They make the people feel obligated to give statements and interviews when they should be left alone. They need to let the families call them if they want to be interviewed or give a statement. They do not care about the families feelings as much as they care about the ratings and getting exclusive interviews.

Every one does things different, when my brother was killed in a car crash I was numb and refused to let myself believe it. I left the hospital like nothing at all was wrong, I would not talk to family that were upset. I wanted to be with people who were happy. I got in my car and drove 50 miles back home at well over 100MPH (right after brother died in car crash) to go to some friends and did not tell them and acted normal, laughed , and had fun.
When they found out and and started to comfort me I left. I did anything I could to not think about it and if that meant laughing at a joke or just having normal light hearted conversation with strangers I did it but as soon as I thought about it I would almost break and cry but I refused to let anyone see me show emotion.

I think the guy was talking with someone about something trying to keep his mind off it and that person may have knew what he was doing and was having a good natured conversation with him trying to help him cope.

I also had to have some "chemical backbone" before I could go near the funeral. I am not sure what they gave me but it worked and got through and even though that nightt. I was trying to not show emotion but it finally hit when they started lowering the casket the next day. That is when I broke down. I am not sure what happened because I blocked it all out. The next thing I remember is waking up in my car 500 miles away one morning 3 days later.

When I got home everyone was freaking out they said I told them I need some space for a while and was going to clear my head and not to worry. but the did and even had called the police to try and report me missing but could not because I was not gone long enough and had told several people I was taking a trip to clear my head even though I do not remember it.
I have no idea how I got where I did or where all I went but I am sure my car had to have gas and I had to eat and use the bathroom but I have no memory of doing any of it, I did find out I stopped by the credit union and got $500 from my savings acct.

I think the guys DR or someone had given him something to help him through it.
It appears to me he is in a sort of denial stage. Calling it an EVENT not a murder, shooting, or death.

You may think you know how you would react but you never really can never say for sure how you will react about anything till it actually happens. When something happens your unconscious mind sometimes takes over and puts you on cruse control because your conscious mind has shut down to keep from dealing with things.

I bet in a few days or weeks this guy will not even remember the interview or anything about it and if he does it will be just foggy bits and pieces.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join