It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me this is normal .

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

It's SICKENING that people who say LAUGHING is part of shock and how everyone reacts differently. This means half of the world is INHUMANE. You are INHUMAN IF YOU LAUGH AFTER YOUR DAUGHTER DIED, WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE IN FRONT OF A DAMN CAMERA OK???

Why are you INHUMANE if you can laugh within hours or days after a loved one died (especially dying like Emilie Parker).. because you did not allow your HUMAN EMOTIONS TO COME THROUGH AND GRIEVE CORRECTLY. You people who talk about "laughing is not uncommon", obviously have some type of BLOCKAGE in your emotions or brain that block the REAL HUMAN EMOTION to set it, because THIS IS NOT NORMAL.

edit on 19-12-2012 by humanreaction because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2012 by humanreaction because: correction

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
lol it doesn't take a body language expert to see that the the smiling and joking attitude he starts off with has nothing to do with grieving. It also doesn't take an expert to see that he works himself into character. There shouldn't even be a debate about this, it's clear as black and white. I'm going to have to go out on a limb here and say that anyone who is trying to argue this is normal, is working for some one... either that or mentally damaged in some way.

You beat me to it. Exactly what you said.

This is a perfect opportunity to see who the shills/pro-debunkers are.
I've had my suspicions about some of you for a while, thanks for confirming it to me!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by humanreaction

It's SICKENING that people who say LAUGHING is part of shock and how everyone reacts differently. This means half of the world is INHUMANE. You are INHUMAN IF YOU LAUGH AFTER YOUR DAUGHTER DIED, WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE IN FRONT OF A DAMN CAMERA OK???

No you're wrong. Some times laughing and joking are normal emotional responses for people who are dealing with intense emotional trauma... the people trying to argue that these types of abnormal responses can be normal in some cases are in fact correct.

But there's something they're not telling you. He isn't just laughing or joking in an unusual way, he is showing clear signs of a totally care free humorous attitude which does not match any type of abnormal behavior expressed by grieving individuals.

Furthermore, his clear and obvious attempt to quickly shift out of that care free and jolly mind set into a sad and grieving mindset totally and absolutely debunks any argument that he is displaying typical abnormal behaviors of a grieving person.

If that were in fact the case he would continue to display a jolly yet clearly emotionally disturbed attitude as he began the speech. He would have to be removed from the stand for showing what is clearly psychologically disturbed behavior and inappropriate for the situation.

But that's not what happens, instead we see a clear and conscious attempt to alter his state of mind into one more appropriate for the situation, a sudden and dramatic shift. A person experiencing that type of emotional shock as to laugh about it, is not going to do that under any circumstance.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

No you're wrong. Some times laughing and joking are normal emotional responses for people who are dealing with intense emotional trauma... the people trying to argue that these types of abnormal responses can be normal in some cases are in fact correct.

Exactly, so many people are INHUMANE that is MUST be considered NORMAL. Catch my drift?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Agreed even as this coming from me a war survivor let me tell you the war was no laughing matter. Nor for an emotions for a young child that i was back then.

When i saw the kids during the interview on CNN, why did they all seem so clam?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by humanreaction

Exactly, so many people are INHUMANE that is MUST be considered NORMAL. Catch my drift?

It has nothing to do with being inhumane. Some people can only deal with intense shock through acting like it didn't happen or expressing the opposite emotions that one would expect to see. It is perfectly normal in some cases.

But I'm not sure if you read the rest of my post. What really gives it away is the sudden shift... some one disturbed enough to express that type of abnormal behavior cannot shift their emotional state at will to suit a given situation, they are totally unreachable in that state... let alone in any state to be asked to talk at a press conference. Who ever asked him to talk were well aware that his mental state would quickly shift into the more appropriate state exactly as it was needed to shift. Unfortunately for him he made that shift a few seconds too late and was caught on film making the shift.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Having lost two of my own children, I can say without a doubt in my mind, this guy's a freaking actor. My first child dying wasn't much of a surprise, had about a week to prepare emotionally to deal with it. 10 years wouldn't have been enough. My second child that died, did so on the EXACT same date, 2 years later. It was as sudden and unexpected as it gets. I was an absolute wreck for MONTHS, there is literally nothing worse that I can think of than outliving your children. My mind, body, and spirit all felt broken. I doubt this man has ever seen anything tragic in his personal life at all. I can't see anyone for any reason to ever "deal" in that manner. To this day, 4 years after, I still can't look at a picture of either of em without either melting into a blubbering, wailing, mess, or putting a few new holes in the drywall. I smell a metric shiite tonne of bull manure all over this steaming turd, and thats putting oh so very much nicer than I would to him in person. Honestly, a swift kick in the teeth, some gitmo style torture, and a prison cell mate with wandering eyes and a massive member, would still be letting this scum off easy.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by humanreaction

It has nothing to do with being inhumane. Some people can only deal with intense shock through acting like it didn't happen or expressing the opposite emotions that one would expect to see. It is perfectly normal in some cases.

But I'm not sure if you read the rest of my post. What really gives it away is the sudden shift... some one disturbed enough to express that type of abnormal behavior cannot shift their emotional state at will to suit a given situation, they are totally unreachable in that state... let alone in any state to be asked to talk at a press conference. Who ever asked him to talk were well aware that his mental state would quickly shift into the more appropriate state exactly as it was needed to shift. Unfortunately for him he made that shift a few seconds too late and was caught on film making the shift.

Well, in my opinion, it is inhumane. Had to watch again regarding that shift, totally weird. I agree with you on the shift. Good explanation on it as well.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
he's trying to gear himself up to look sad, thats not actually feeling sad thats the same way an actor would do it.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Well, in my opinion, it is inhumane.

You only think it's inhumane because you can't understand or comprehend the mental process which takes place in the mind of some people when experiencing extreme trauma or shock. There are plenty of well documented cases of people expressing very abnormal behavior in these types of situations.

However I have already explained several key reasons for why his behavior completely defies any of those documented cases and simply cannot be rationalized as the mindset of an extremely disturbed person expressing abnormal behavior. That's certainly not what we are seeing here.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The first stages of grief about a lost one are shock. Every emotion is possible. Sudden switch between grief and smiling isn't unwarranted, having to read from a script isn't weird either.

He may come to regret that plea for money...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BlowinSmoke

Would make sense why the conn. state police are threatening to prosecute people federally for posting any info about this case on social networks.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Sudden switch between grief and smiling isn't unwarranted, having to read from a script isn't weird either.

What kind of idiot would ask a person to speak at a very important and delicate press conference when that person is in a highly disturbed state of rapidly shifting between crying and laughing? Tell me that.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mykingdomforthetruth
he's trying to gear himself up to look sad, thats not actually feeling sad thats the same way an actor would do it.

Would an actor in a conspiracy of this magnitude be laughing in front of a crowd of reporters and cameras?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
is not normal.....

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I think the real answer lies in what he was laughing at, unfortunately the video is silent at that point so unless we can find footage of that part with sound it will remain confusing, bewildering and open to speculation.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

Now...if Robbie Parker did not work there, and is an actor...like the OP is declaring.....

You are confused DIDtm. I am not declaring anything. I think his appearance isn't what I would expect , BUT thank God I am not in his shoes and never have been. People act in many ways under stress and this might be just how he deals with it.

For the record I am not declaring anything and especially that he is an actor. These poor people Are in a lot of pain and they each have the right to deal with it anyway they can or want.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I actually noticed this as well when it showed some of the siblings, they were smiling and laughing. I mean why would a child that just lost a brother or sister in a shooting be smiling, or even laughing. It was sick. It really was. I saw it on the local news, and was shocked. I lost one brother when I was a kid, and believe me the last thing I could have done was smile.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
It is NORMAL. This is a devastated, shocked and a grieving man. One second he pictures his little one's face and smiles at the memory - then he realises she is gone - and almost chokes. It may take weeks for the reality to hit home. How could it be otherwise?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

edit on 19-12-2012 by christina-66 because: Double Post

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join