It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me this is normal .

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by intrptr

Sudden switch between grief and smiling isn't unwarranted, having to read from a script isn't weird either.

What kind of idiot would ask a person to speak at a very important and delicate press conference when that person is in a highly disturbed state of rapidly shifting between crying and laughing? Tell me that.

Well, the media of course. They love disturbia. It gets peoples attention. See?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

He also keeps his eyes closed longer than normal between blinking. Do it while inhaling before speaking. Now examine the sensation your body is telling you.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Although I think the laughing is odd, it could possibly be explained by the stress he's assumed to be under. However, what makes this even more interesting, is his quick change in emotion once the cameras are turned on. Reminds me of an actor getting into his role.
edit on 19-12-2012 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Edit - Removed
edit on 19-12-2012 by GrandStrategy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

The cameras are rolling all along. It's preposterous to claim he is faking based off that. What an unforgiving world we live in...thank god the 15th century is over.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
So the same person that is name calling to every single person who disagrees with him is the person who emailed this poor father? I can only imagine what that email said. Good grief. ATS, this is on your hands.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Part of facing a tragedy is... not facing it, or denial of it. The best pretend denial I know of is laughter. In that shocked state, it is human to switch from laughter to anger to crying, to choke em off just as suddenly as they appear.

Seemingly a blithering idiot. Tell me, how much disbelief would you have if someone told you your child was shot and killed?

The mind reels. This crap about it didn't happen is , well.... crap.

The part about the media campaign to use it for more gun control legislation is the conspiracy you seek. That partshould be obvious. Tune to any CNN... right now.

link   

link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman
Although I think the laughing is odd, it could possibly be explained by the stress he's assumed to be under. However, what makes this even more interesting, is his quick change in emotion once the cameras are turned on. Reminds me of an actor getting into his role.

Yup. Actor or not, his reaction is fake. Staged or not, his reaction isn't normal.

link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

If the laughter is "how he deals with tragedy naturally"... why switch to what we must deduce is unnatural teary eyed behavior the moment the camera starts?

No matter how we interpret the laughter when he wasn't aware he was being filmed... he's clearly consciously switching to "sad mode" for the camera.

The man is in shock. - no further explanation of his behaviour is required. And he will suffer.....my God how he will suffer....for the rest of his life. I don't doubt his devastation for a nanosecond.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by humanreaction

Yup. Actor or not, his reaction is fake. Staged or not, his reaction isn't normal.

I really wish I could give a thumbs down to many of the comments on this thread. I find the lack of comprehension, empathy and sympathy absolutely appalling.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
So the same person that is name calling to every single person who disagrees with him is the person who emailed this poor father? I can only imagine what that email said. Good grief. ATS, this is on your hands.

Did someone from ATS email him?? good grief.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
My brother died a very tragic death at the age of 13 in the summer of 1999. My parents were beyond devastated..we all were..it was unreal..a horrible dream we couldn't wake from. I have never seen my mother so sad. She was so sad the point she couldn't even talk..let alone laugh...My father was the same..we had news crews at our home for two days..and then again during the inquest. My father nor my mother cracked even the smallest of smiles for a month and then didn't really have any real enjoyment for a few years after that..it is impossible to imagine losing a child..

I know a lot people will act differently...and I'm not sure one way or the other on the video..I just thought I would add my 2 cents..about my personal experience.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by bknapple32

Did someone from ATS email him?? good grief.

An email asking him to explain why he was laughing! Dead up, somebody has emailed the man requesting that he explain the specific reason for his laughter.

I'm faced with the same conundrum that this entire thread is focused on, I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by humanreaction

You need to be quiet.

link   
reply to post by FlySolo

pbasonuk did. Its getting closer and closer to the edge here. What is next? Someone from ats goes to his house? Though I do have my doubts about the type of people who can judge a grieving father. Highly doubt they'd ever have the guts to say any of this in the real world.

But we are at that tipping point. [snip]
edit on 19-12-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz

nobody deals with the shooting to death of their child by laughing and jokiing then 'getting into character' as a bereaved parent for the TV audience. it stinks.

The mother of a friend of my family did. What an ignorant statement on your part. People do in fact handle death differently.

A friend of my family lost their 16 year old son in the 90's. He was driving down the road and another kid his age was mad at him...Girl issues.... When they got to a stop light, the kid pulled out a gun and shot him in the heart, killing him instantly.

I remember his mom and how she dealt with the tragic loss of her son. At his funeral she was smiling and laughing about the good times they had together. About his sense of humor and practical jokes he liked to play.

Then when she got up to speak about him during the funeral, she broke down and cried.She was not "getting into character". She was dealing with the death of her son in her own way.
Nothing "stinks" about how she handled it and nothing stinks about how this man is handling it.

The only thing that stinks is people such as yourself trying to turn this into something other than what it is. This is a conspiracy site, but this is also a site that encourages us to deny ignorance.

Well, I am denying your ignorance. People DO handle tragedy in different ways and sometimes, people do try to laugh and remember the good times and then end up crying later.

That does happen and you sir/ma'am, are flat out wrong.

Peace and love.
edit on 19-12-2012 by DirtyLiberalHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandStrategy

Who did that!? Who!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by intrptr

Sudden switch between grief and smiling isn't unwarranted, having to read from a script isn't weird either.

What kind of idiot would ask a person to speak at a very important and delicate press conference when that person is in a highly disturbed state of rapidly shifting between crying and laughing? Tell me that.

Well, the media of course. They love disturbia. It gets peoples attention. See?

The people who respond the way Robbie Parker did after such a tragedy loves and enjoys the media attention.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join