It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me this is normal .

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Father of one of the poor children who were murdered appears to be in a pretty good mood right before giving a statement to the press. At first when I came across this video titled "Sandy Hook Shooting Exposed As a Fraud" I got angry at whoever posted it, but after watching it I don't know what to even think about it?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

People deal with grief in different ways.....He just looked nervous as hell to me....

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

People deal with grief in different ways.....He just looked nervous as hell to me....

That was my take on it as well ..

I certainly do NOT think that this is a fraud ..

When my father died suddenly, I was in a state of shock for days .. I had no emotional reaction at all because it simply didn't feel like it was reality anymore.. I felt disconnected from myself.. it took several days before I settled back down to reality and emotion set in ..

link   
I wouldn't be given a statement. I'd be with my parents, and the mother, if my daughter was ever involved in something so tragic... Literally wouldn't be able to comrehend a sentence for the media.

I would, however, be strong and vigilant for my family.

link   

nobody deals with the shooting to death of their child by laughing and jokiing then 'getting into character' as a bereaved parent for the TV audience. it stinks.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I believe he's acting. The world is a stage. Everything that happens, happens for a reason and supports an agenda. think about it.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
wow...that is very odd...

Im not going to pretend to know what it would be like to be in his shoes emotionally...but I'll be damned if he didn't look like someone working themselves up for an acting "scene" in a movie...

He goes from what appears to be jovial and lighthearted to serious and sad in a matter of 5 seconds...and the way he did it just seems as if someone said...ok your on....and he switched gears....

that is some really odd stuff...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Agreed, it looked like he was trying to hold back the waterworks and he probably hadn't ever done such a thing as go before cameras and lights, let alone to eulogize his dead son. I think cutting the video off without hearing the content does no service to your argument, either...realizing you probably came across it and didnt make it yourself.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Maybe he really hated the fact he had a kid? Some people really regret having kids you know.

If this was all some big cover up and he's acting -- he'd be so trained we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I agree with the others that say that people grieve in many ways. Some people laugh nervously when they are very scared. Some people get very angry instead of sad.

Not everyone goes through the same steps of grief.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

God, if this happened to one of my kids, the absolute LAST thing I would do is give press statements/briefings.
I wouldnt be dealing with anybody,except those necessary like family and for "final arrangements"

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

If my daughter was shot by a psychopath, I would not be smiling on camera at a press conference days after the incident. Actually addressing the media would be the last thing on my mind and I would not need papers or notes to tell the world what a beautiful kid she was either... I don't know whether he is legit or not because of those simple facts. Either he is taking advantage of his time in the spotlight or he doesn't know how too handle whats happened.. It does seem strange though.

The other thing I have noticed is this guy has been in the media a bit. Have any of the other parents made official press conferences?

edit on 18-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Honestly to me he did not look nervous, but I agree that people deal with things like that in different ways.

I think I show more emotion just thinking about what happened. But it is a 27 seconds long video so I can't say what he actually looked like. Strange though.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
what's normal? A nervous smile? A deep breath?
I don't know but I won't judge the man on how he reacted here. I've been at many wakes and funerals where laughs and smiles were intermingled with the tears and grief. I think it's a normal reaction, but that's just me, from some of your comments I can see you don't think it is.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
what's normal? A nervous smile? A deep breath?
I don't know but I won't judge the man on how he reacted here. I've been at many wakes and funerals where laughs and smiles were intermingled with the tears and grief. I think it's a normal reaction, but that's just me, from some of your comments I can see you don't think it is.

It just looks like he went from laughs and smiles to almost fainting and crying in 3 seconds. People are odd so who knows.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I've been at many wakes and funerals where laughs and smiles were intermingled with the tears and grief. I think it's a normal reaction, but that's just me, from some of your comments I can see you don't think it is.

Yes several days after and in the company and in the comfort of friends and loved ones with whom you have history with regarding the deceased...not on TV in front of strangers barely a day afterward...

I personally find it odd, but similar to you I won't conclude or judge as everyone does deal with grief differently....

I'm just saying I think it looks and feels odd to me.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Ok, I know this is gonna sound wierd, but what's wrong with Mr. Parker's eyes?
Look starting around 0:21. Does anyone know how to improve the image quality? It looks to me like he has no pupils.
Well, now that I think about it, maybe that happens when you're in the spotlight - I don't know.
But the guy really seems to be happy for whatever reason and then tries to 'get sad'.
The creepy 'alien eyes' just make the whole thing more suspicious.
IMO.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Full press conference.. It does seem weird

A comment left under the video..

I can tell you from experience that there is NO smiling. When you lose a child part of you is ripped out of your soul... there is no smiling. And to the idiots that are claiming "oh this is how people react"....no its not. There is no smiling, there is no laughter, there is only excruciating pain.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Really looks like he's reading a prepared statement. In my opinion only actors read from prepared statements, I mean this is his daughter he's speaking about right? Any father would know w/o the need of a prepared statement how to describe there own child I know I could w/o the help of a prepared statement.

Also for a 'grieving' father who's child died just one day prior who has the time to even write up such a thing to begin with??? I wouldn't because my tears would saturate the paper. I wouldn't be going on national television either just one day out from losing my child but that's me.

If my child died just the day before tears would be flowing down my face for days and weeks and months. Yet not one visible tear rolling down this guys face. Sure sounds shaken up but man I can make myself sound sick or upset anytime I want it's the lack of waterworks that really bothers me. At least Obama wiped away his imaginary tears for the cameras.

It looks terribly scripted from watching that longer version but that's my opinion.
edit on 18-12-2012 by mosheh24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
A bunch of people who have never been in this horrible situation think they should know how a person should act and what they should do.

You are just as bad as people who buy rags and gossip about celebrities.

I am waiting to see how low atsers can really stoop.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
everyone is an actor on the centre stage called earth.........

smile for the cameras!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join