It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok ATS.. Fess-Up.. Who is Secretly Crapping Their Pants about 21/12/12???

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by maskedkhan

Originally posted by EvanB
Them dolphins are crapping bricks mate

Tell me about it. Just the other day one swam up to me and said "eeeeeeeee, eeeeeeeeeeee, EEEEEeeeeee, kikikikikikikik"

He sounded serious

"Whats that flipper? Billy is stuck in a mine shaft? Needs help? And there is a transdimensional planet full of aliens who want to steal our women on the way?"

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Well, I checked and "Gangnam Style" is only at 971,518,818 hits, so I think we're going to be ok. Just for God sake's nobody view the video on Youtube until Saturday!

To be honest, I'm kind of excited! NOT in the "I hope the whole of humanity gets wiped off the Earth" kind of way, cos… ew. No. But you know how when Halloween comes, suddenly you want to watch scary movies? It's just fun to be a part of the occasion! Well, Halloween comes once a year; this is the freaking MAYAN PROPHECY!

Now, I only have one problem: I can't decide what to watch - Armageddon or Deep Impact?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
meh, Will be something to casually talk about at work that day. And hear about 50 y2k references.

Oh and if your a christian; revelations says were supposed to have a 1000's years peace before the shtf...last time I checked we still have wars.
edit on 19-12-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
What tickles me is if for some reason the calander's ending cycle does mean the end of the world, it would be due to a celestial cataclysmic event. Nothing to do with what goes on down here on planet earth at all...yet people still think they can hide or prep for our solar system being on the apex of our galactic center lol! How is hiding in a cave going to protect you from be suspended over a black hole or something of that nature?

The reason this is true is because they were master astronamers. Their lunar calander is still accurate even today 1000's of years later. Even their yearly calander still is more accurate than what we use today. They understood that our solar system is in motion in the spiral arm of the milky way, not just the planets within our solar system.
edit on 19-12-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
"I even have my cave picked out and will be making a trip there on Friday with some
beers.. Errr.. You know?.. Just in case.."

LOL, funny you mention that, because I have had mine picked out for over 3 years now. It is on the Western border of Bloomington, and I too have checked it out. Sadly nothing will probably happen, but it is always alright to be prepared.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
What tickles me is if for some reason the calander's ending cycle does mean the end of the world, it would be due to a celestial cataclysmic event. Nothing to do with what goes on down here on planet earth at all...yet people still think they can hide or prep for our solar system being on the apex of our galactic center lol! How is hiding in a cave going to protect you from be suspended over a black hole or something of that nature

The bible mentions something about people hiding in caves in the great and terrible "Day of the Lord"... It basically says dont bother... You are screwed no matter what you do...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Now, I only have one problem: I can't decide what to watch - Armageddon or Deep Impact?
reply to post by thepixelgarden

Or Knowing... Way scarier...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The really crazy thing is ...perhaps...there seems to be so many people who want it to happen.
Like its going to be exciting and fun.
No doubt this seems to be a widespread desire.
For the Mayan thing to actually happen.
I think Christmas is going to be full of very drunk people if it doesn't.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Well, I wasn't really concerned until I seen this video about 7 days ago..

I even kinda panicked at the thought, shed a lone tear and wondered why I cared and all of that.

Then 3 days ago.. I met this woman.. lol I said.. "Nothing could possibly happen.. or I wouldn't have met this person." I hadn't really cared for anyone besides my family over the past 2 years. So.. Why now? I'm trying to get with this woman, forget that, I'm trying be a happier person.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
is it bad that I am hoping something does happen, I would prefer we all die at the same time. I really don't want to die by myself I would much prefer all people die if I have to die so I would rather something happen where every man, women, child die all at the same time. Then the earth can heal itself and make room for the next species to destroy it like man kind has.

I wouldn't say it's bad. Just a little selfish...but, you're only human and I'm sure a lot of people feel that way whether they are willing to admit it or not. I'm not sure if I really feel that.... I know when I sit here and really think of the possibility of my children dying....it's just not something I even want to ponder.

But I'm sure all this talk is for naught. So many "doomsday" dates have come and gone that the possibility of something actually happening is very minimal. Just think though, something like this could happen at any time, whether or not the Mayans predicted it. So to put all this energy into worrying about it is pointless and a waste of time. The only way to make yourself okay with this is to a) not think about it...or b) live every day as if it might be your last. It's up to each individual to make the choice for themselves but I choose to live in such a way that I never regret anything I've said or done...sometimes I slip up but, again, I'm only human

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by thepixelgarden

The Gangnam video is annoying as hell. People think it's some sort of achievement that it's going to be the first video to get a billion views... but honestly I think it's a supreme waste of time.

Anyway, I'm anticipating the 21st. And not really because I believe something huge will happen, but because of all the hype. I just want to see the plethora of reactions that break the floodgates; I can already see the mayhem unfolding 2 days prior..... If something really does happen, I hope it's not a bad thing. No malevolent aliens please. =]

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Seeing as how both the Maya Calendar and the time between galactic alignments are 26,000 years long and also considering that the Maya Calendar ends on a solstice, it would be safe to assume that they are the same thing. However, the Maya were actually off by a few years:

Precession is caused by the earth wobbling very slowly on its axis and shifts the position of the equinoxes and solstices one degree every 71.5 years. Because the sun is one-half of a degree wide, it will take the December solstice sun 36 years to precess through the Galactic equator (see diagram below). The precise alignment of the solstice point (the precise center-point of the body of the sun as viewed from earth) with the Galactic equator was calculated to occur in 1998 (Jean Meeus, Mathematical Astronomy Morsels, 1997). Thus, the Galactic Alignment "zone" is 1998 +/- 18 years = 1980 - 2016. This is "era-2012."
alignment2012.com...

This is also mentioned on Wikipedia.

Jenkins claims he drew his conclusions about the location of the galactic equator from observations taken at above 11,000 feet (3,400 m), an altitude that gives a clearer image of the Milky Way than Maya had access to.[64] Furthermore, since the Sun is half a degree wide, its solstice position takes 36 years to precess its full width. Jenkins himself notes that even given his determined location for the line of the galactic equator, its most precise convergence with the center of the Sun already occurred in 1998, and so asserts that, rather than 2012, the galactic alignment instead focuses on a multi-year period centred on 1998.[81][82][83]
en.wikipedia.org...

Thus, you have nothing to worry about.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I will go on the record:

I think its gonna happen.

I really do. total and complete paradigm shift.

for bad or for good, I am ready.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
21/12/12 is NOT the end of the world...
It is the " beginning " of the end of great cycle aka old world.

And we are about to enter the new " inter-dimensional plane "... days in darkness = wormhole = tunnel!

If only the history is repeated itself... AGAIN!

Pray Hard

edit on 19-12-2012 by leeangqi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Ill only start crapping my pants when I see a thread or reports of world leaders/major players starting to disappear, such as Obama heading to the nearest underground bunker in Denver etc.

By the way where are all the major players at the moment?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluloa
Ill only start crapping my pants when I see a thread or reports of world leaders/major players starting to disappear, such as Obama heading to the nearest underground bunker in Denver etc.

By the way where are all the major players at the moment?

Yeah.. I posted that on my facebook page yesterday.. A bit disconcerting that the Queen will be in a cabinet meeting with the Prime Minister and dept heads today... Has not happened since Queen Victoria...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I think that was just to do with her jubilee, the fact she probably hasn't got many years left, and so she can be told about them naming a piece of land in Antarctica(?) after her (twice the size of the UK too!
).

Hey Evan, isn't it mad Friday on the 21st? Going to be hell in Britain at the very least, lol.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Dosent downing street have a huge underground bunker beneath it?

The only thing about the queen's jubilee is that she didnt do all these things 10 years ago! Inspecting the gold yesterday, that would come in handy if a major world event occured making paper money worthless!

I notice a lot of governments are now on their Christmas holidays, how convenient!

We really need a thread on where the major leaders and players are!
edit on 19-12-2012 by bluloa because: extra

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Na, I'm not concerned.
If something major will happen and if it will have a natual cause, most of our animals should be freaking out by now with fear and nervousness. Looking at my 2 cats at home, they are as relaxed as ever.

okay I admit, if cats are the supreme beings on this planets and they have nothing to fear, when the world ends, my theory is going down the drain

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I have to admit that when you fill your head with too much death and decay you can't avoid being affected by it a small bit.

I know that there will be no planetary alignment and I know that we would probably be able to see a potential comet by now....

But somewhere in my gut, I'm quitely looking forward, hoping that nothing will happen during dec. 21st.

I told my my girlfriend who is no conspiracy buff AT ALL that even though I didn't expect anything to happen, I wanted her to have her phone within reach at all times on friday.
She didn't want to hear about it, said it made her scared.

So basically the most interesting thing about this whole scam or hoax or global mentality is that it shows how easy it is to affect people who normally wouldn't care about dec 2012.

It's the old notion of when something is talked about enough times, it suddenly starts to ring as truth, even amongst "normal" people.

Fortunately I have the day off, so I can't go get my son within 4 min if needed. But of course.... nothing will happen, right?

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join