It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok ATS.. Fess-Up.. Who is Secretly Crapping Their Pants about 21/12/12???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
When I found ATS, i realized, I didn't know #.

I guess I think something may happen. Because I scheduled off work Friday, got a fat sack, and i'll be saving beer for late night because if something does pop off, i'd like to be somewhat coherent.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
just realized all the air will vanish!

Since I am heading to the dollar store anyways for fridge magents I will buy up all the party balloons

If I blow them all up and fill the room with them, I can suck the air out of them as needed! That should last me quite a while

Anybody else going to follow my lead?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

I dont know.. I would need to be a little typsy to embrace the horror.. That.. And need the dutch courage when I rescue Megan Fox.. Heroically in a manly breeding stock way..

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianG

Might as well get some No2 also, have a bit of a laugh while your at it

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I missed Y2K, I thought it was a movie that everyone was all excited to see and I figured I would just wait to rent it.
I just hope I don't wake up on Monday and realize I forgot about the 12-21-12 thing and miss that too.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by racer451
reply to post by EvanB

I dont know about ATS but it seems some very well educated, well to do people IN THE KNOW are buying tickets to Turkey
edit on 18-12-2012 by racer451 because: grammar

Source?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I am not, I really don’t think anything is going to happen, the way I look at it the whole Y2K thing was much more realistic and potentially scarier. I remember having a moment of panic at 23:55 on 24/12/99 in minutes after midnight a plane was going to fall on my house.

The 21.12.12 stuff is based on old myths, there is nothing physical just now around us that says it will happen it will just be like any other normal day I predict.

Another reason I am not cacking it is because on ATS there are so many doomsday threads that never come to pass, why this is any different.

If the word does end, then I am just happy I got to see the final chapter in humanity and know how the story ended. Really though I don’t think the story has even begun, I think it is the prologue and I unfortunately will not get to see the last chapter in my lifetime.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
What I want to know, is what time on the 21st the world is going to end?

I mean, is it GMT, PST, EST and so forth? If I can pin it down I can avoid the commute to the office or not even have to bother.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

it’s supposed to end 11:11 GMT

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Man i knew i forgot something. Note to self: Buy rope and air tank.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
the only thing im fearing for friday is having to go to the mall with a 5 year old. That is likely to be my worst nightmare for the day. Im sure ill still be up with beer in hand watching the clock thursday night tho
if for nothing else to do a happy dance

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Britguy

it’s supposed to end 11:11 GMT

Thank you!

I can get in early, have a large fry-up breakfast in the staff restaurant and not have to worry about the rush hour drive home again. It's nice to know the details of these things so one can plan ahead.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DIRTYDONKEY

Oh the horror! I think doomsday is preferable... But serious.. Stock up on fridge magnets, tin foil, balloons and rope... You wont be sorry.. If nothing goes down? You have the ingrediants for some kinky fun..

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Originally posted by BrianG
Since we will be losing gravity I am trying to decide where to hide out

surround yourself in fridge magnets and create an anti gravity field.

I'm just going to use my magnetic personality.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Have to say... Not loving the idea of gravity failing and us all floating away.. What kind of time does that give anyone for some panic sex?? Pffft

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I'll be honest Evan, I do have my concerns, it is the unknown. Deep down you know nothing is going to happen, at least not because some people got the wrong idea about some ancient calender, but there is always that what if....

It is like when that meteor made the closest fly by Earth, all the professionals said it wouldn't hit (although some did say nothing wrong with making sure your affairs are in order), however it left some of us sitting on the edge of our seat until it had passed by.

Even the most rational of us can fear the unknown.

But anyway...pub on the 22nd?
edit on 18/12/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Fortunately my pants remain uncrapped for the time being as I have to work on Friday as my boss took the day off (Hey...wait...)

But since the day begin long before I go to work I will of course check the news for Aliens, Xombies, Solar Flares, and Asteroids, but no runaway planets cause being an amateur astronomer I think I would have noticed that by now!

I am however hoping for some nice global change, world peace, enlightenment and a better world would be nice

edit on 18-12-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I honestly don't know how I feel; I realize it is likely not going to happen, but I'm not going to say that nothing will happen. Just watch; you'll wake up that day, and the air will be buzzing (so to speak). Even if we don't think anything will happen, we will still have that idea of something happening in the back of our mind, and that is what I think will be interesting...... I mean, what happens when the collective focus of millions of people centers on one event? One idea?

If it does happen, well....
I imagine the character of humanity may be measured in it's final hours, rather than it's history.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
My biggest fear is that there will be mass suicides or mass killings like what just happen by lunatics.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

but no runaway planets cause being an amateur astronomer I think I would have noticed that by now!

How would you know, it is only visible in the infrared spectrum of the dark region of Uranus, somewhere south of Norway 'n hell, apparently only bats can see it, and the occasional Dolphin.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join