It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti gunner here.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I hate that I am about to say this but the gun owners are correct. I am one of the most vocal anti gunners on this forum, so for me to say that is disgusting.

Although I despise gun owners and their need for weapons, after much thought...I agree if you take their weapons only criminals will have guns.

There are too many legal and illegal guns on the streets of America...and if you do disarm the legal owners..then you screwed because it would be a free for all for the criminals.

If you outright banned them and the government wanted to take them, It would also cause civil war, which would cause it to crumble and become weak and open for invasion, possibly destroying it . Although I may hate America, I can not deny their power and without them, other countries not so powerful that have democracies may fall victim to terrorist attacks, invasion or something else.

I for one would like to think they are too cowardly to act on anything...but it only takes one fool to fight for a right to ignite some type of passion in others.

With that said...something must be done to stop these massacres...I never cared much about them before..but now it hit children. Some type of compromise must be made in order for it to be pretty much impossible for the mentally ill to get their hands on weapons.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
here's an idea. How about they simply stop manufacturing them? That way, the price of existing guns will absolutely skyrocket, many would-be perps won't be able to afford them and violent crime would go down. Legitimate gun owners/nuts won't be affected and would only stand to gain by way of increase value on weapons they already own.

(btw - I simply pulled this idea out of my ass so please don't get your panties in a bunch)

edit on 18-12-2012 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Good for you on being honest in your history and thoughts,
Great post I myself I personally really do not know where I am on this issue.
If this was contrived then you know where I stand but who knows for sure?

S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
here's an idea. How about they simply stop manufacturing them? That way, the price of existing guns will absolutely skyrocket, many would-be perps won't be able to afford them and violent crime would go down. Legitimate gun owners/nuts won't be affected and would only stand to gain by way of increase value on weapons they already own.

(btw - I simply pulled this idea out of my ass so please don't get your panties in a bunch)

Good thought but the problem is that if the guns are not confiscated and hit the shredder they are prone to last an awful long time........Millions of WW1 guns still exist and still are capable of major destruction.

My underwear is not in a bunch here

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
^ This idea relates somewhat to what happened in australia,

when the gun laws were tightened, the government started a buy-back program, destroying the guns.

I think the problem with stopping the sale of guns and pushing up the price is, it has the exact same effect of voiding the 2nd amendment - the people cannot defend themselves if guns are rare and expensive.
edit on 19-12-2012 by cartesia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Although I may hate America, I can not deny their power and without them, other countries not so powerful that have democracies may fall victim to terrorist attacks, invasion or something else.

I'll assume from this that you're not American.
Attempting to force your will or beliefs on another country is bad Ju-Ju. Isn't that exactly what many American critics accuse Americans of doing? Forcing our will, views and opinions on others? How well has that been received?

Why is it when the coin is reversed it becomes acceptable?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Good for you. At least some of your thinking is on track. Now you just need to take the next step. Go ahead, don't be scared. It's really easy. Just jump into it, then you have arrived. Learn to think for yourself. It is actually quite liberating...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

MBF

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Listen to what people that have already went through a gun ban has to say about it.

Video
edit on 20-12-2012 by MBF because: Link didn't work.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
An initiative that I liked was from the Dallas Cowboys football team when they were giving preseason tickets when you handed them firearms. I'm not waiting football to change the world but its a good catalyst also the fact city like KC who recently had a player murdering the mother of his newborn child could really adopt this initiative with their empty statium any given sunday. .

Another things that could help is if Hollywood was a bit less violent.
Parents being more structured with their children, its not normal every kids are playing first person shooter video game. Its not normal we as a society are worshiping guns the way we are. Guns are terrifying, have you ever been in a paintball gunfight? Paintball markers are terrifying, imagine the real deal. Most if not any would crap their pants in a real gunfight, i assure you, no matter the arsenal of guns you possess. I'm so sure of it that i'm willing to bet.. on the paintball field ;p

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
I hate that I am about to say this but the gun owners are correct. I am one of the most vocal anti gunners on this forum, so for me to say that is disgusting.

Although I despise gun owners and their need for weapons, after much thought...I agree if you take their weapons only criminals will have guns.

There are too many legal and illegal guns on the streets of America...and if you do disarm the legal owners..then you screwed because it would be a free for all for the criminals.

If you outright banned them and the government wanted to take them, It would also cause civil war, which would cause it to crumble and become weak and open for invasion, possibly destroying it . Although I may hate America, I can not deny their power and without them, other countries not so powerful that have democracies may fall victim to terrorist attacks, invasion or something else.

I for one would like to think they are too cowardly to act on anything...but it only takes one fool to fight for a right to ignite some type of passion in others.

With that said...something must be done to stop these massacres...I never cared much about them before..but now it hit children. Some type of compromise must be made in order for it to be pretty much impossible for the mentally ill to get their hands on weapons.

If they wanted them to stop it would be very easy but expensive. They could put security just like at any court house at all of the schools. This would work and it would be very easy to install.

Taking away guns is not the answer and TPTB know it. But they will pander to fear to get what they want and the majority will beg for it.

Pain and fear are powerful motivators.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Japan has been successful in banning the guns. Very strict gun control has almost eliminated gun-related homicides.

Only possible weapons japan citizens can get are the shotgun and air rifle, and even getting them is very hard. You have to take class and pass the written test. Then you have to take shooting range class. After that you have to pass mental test and drug test. Then they do extensive background check for any criminal record. And if you get the gun permit, you have to report police where you keep your weapons and ammo. Both must be locked in different places. Then you have to let police check your gun every year, and take class and tests every 3 years.

But don't know if it works in USA, since cultures are different. Murder rate in Japan is second-lowest in the World, only 0,5 homicides per 100 000 people yearly. This is 5,9 in USA.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Grand in theory, but there are many other ways for evil-doers to inflict harm on others...and on a mass scale. The gun is the #1 way to protect one's own life, which, when threatened, we ALL have the unalienable right to do. If some nut wielding a knife is coming at me, I don't want to defend myself with a knife, a match and gasoline, a box cutter, my fists, etc. I want the gun...it gives me a fighting chance. Especially when the guy is twice my size.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

That's a bad idea.

Criminals who sell drugs, steal and the like will always find disposable cash by their usual means. Meanwhile, good decent hard working people wouldn't be able to afford them. I find a problem in that line of thinking.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
My personal thanks for admitting a change in opinion. Takes courage especially when this is such an emotional issue right now.

I wrote a thread about the fact that none of what the government is trying to do right now has anything to do with preventing mass murders nor does it have anything to do with assault weapons. I know this because twice as many mass murders were committed with non-assault type weapons.

Further, people have yet to grasp that every time we willingly give up one right, it snowballs and before we know it, we have lost many rights. The government writes vague legislation (think: Patriot Act) so that other future issues can be dealt with and simply " umbrellaed" under an already existing piece of legislation. Another example: Terrorism. The word was hardly ever used more than ten years ago and now it's shocking to read what the government actually constitutes as a terrorist act.

When Will We Ever Learn?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Haha are you serious...then people will start stealing by any means necessary you idiot..which leads to more violent crimes. I'm really so sick of hearing all these bull# ideas that in the end only cause more problems. Did you really honestly think this through? Raise the value of current gun owners guns...hmmm make something more valuable, that a criminal can't afford or get...I'm sure the people who want them will just give up and say oh well guys, too rich for my blood. WRONG! So tell me about other GREAT ideas you have.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

You're also forgetting 3d printing. Only a few years left until you can print one.

Would you like me to show you the success, or rather lack there of, for the anti piracy actions of the world?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Imagine that some foreign force is starting occupying your country, and you have no gun to resist... Just like Germans in Yugoslavia... For an example...

edit on 20-12-2012 by dragnik because: adding video

top topics

<<   2 >>

join