It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It was Sirius after all...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hello.
This is my first "post-20 posts" post...
I wanted to take the opportunity to deny some ignorance and apologize to the ATS crowd.
Several days ago I replied to some posts regarding scintillating lights in the sky.
I insisted that they were not stars - though I could not say what they were.
Turns out, at least one of the objects I was seeing was in fact Sirius.
Part of my unspoken rational for making my erroneous assertions was that upon questioning my inner wisdom about what I was looking at, I got the distinct impression that there was something artificial - a contrivance of some sort being observed.
After becoming satisfied that I was in fact looking at Sirius, I did a little research on the star.
I wasn't really surprised to find the abundance of folklore/myth concerning the brightest star in the sky (after the sun). What did intrigue me was the nature of much of that mythos that seems to imply that Sirius in some way directly affects earth/humans.
This idea segues into the idea that earth/humans are being deliberately modified/influenced by some "power" and certain astronomical bodies are mechanisms toward this end.
So I'm not really familiar with these schools of thought, but I'm aware of them, and I remain convinced that I sense something out of the ordinary when I look at certain objects in the sky that are - I must admit - usually and most likely stars.
So my question is do aliens have to get in UFO's and come to earth to carry out their agendas?
Or is it possible that some type of technology way beyond what we're used to imagining might be at work for some vast agenda that we can only guess at?
Thoughts and comments appreciated.
Thanks.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You were right the first time.
Sirius isn't a star. I've been saying it for about a year now.
edit on 18-12-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by robwebbjr

The question cannot be answered without assuming everything and basing it on what we know here and now. We could fill it up with ideas movies have given us and books but it still would be assumption.

So to clarify, what your asking is fictional and it's not even plausible to have a hypothesis on it considering we variables to work with other then made up ones

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Hi Ghost.
Interesting comment.
Could you elaborate a little?
Got a link or something?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

So how do you work that out

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

hi....could you please explain yourself further as to why sirius isnt a star?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.godlikeproductions.com...

I am sure if you do a search for Sirius you will find many articles about it.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCanuckian

The question cannot be answered without assuming everything and basing it on what we know here and now. We could fill it up with ideas movies have given us and books but it still would be assumption.

So to clarify, what your asking is fictional and it's not even plausible to have a hypothesis on it considering we variables to work with other then made up ones

Hi Canuckian.
I respect your apparent position that aliens/UFO's don't exist.
However, despite my previously mistaken assertions, I do have a preponderance of experiential evidence (yes most of it is subjective) that would seem to indicate that there is more to our reality than is commonly recognized - either by the average citizen or the authorizing agencies.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

www.godlikeproductions.com...

I am sure if you do a search for Sirius you will find many articles about it.

Thank you for the links. I'm going to spend some time reading them.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Just because you see Sirius move, doesn't mean you're crazy. But that doesn't mean it's not a star, it's a known effect in human perception called autokinesis:

The autokinetic effect (also referred to as autokinesis) is a phenomenon of human visual perception in which a stationary, small point of light in an otherwise dark or featureless environment appears to move.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
A scientific abstract about hydrogen absorption lines in Sirius:

here

proving it is actually a star.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr X
A scientific abstract about hydrogen absorption lines in Sirius:

here

proving it is actually a star.

Of course Sirius is a star.

But people have invented all sorts of legends and tales around astronomical bodies for thousands of years.

Shrug
In any case, the original video is simply a great capture of scintillation which I have observed many times on many stars. The flickering colors can be quite "hypnotic".

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I read in Cosmic Trigger that aliens from Sirius contacted Leary and some others with the "starseed transmission..." Nothing to add, but that always intrigued me because it was supposedly channeled from multiple sources at the same time, including Leary while he was still in prison, and apparently they matched up well enough to convince him and a handful of others that legit contact had been made. It is a hell of a book.

new topics

top topics

join