It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lanza's Computer Found Smashed to Pieces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Although this could be nothing, I do find this very suspicious. What was he hiding? Why would he completely destroy his computer if he knew suicide was right around the corner? So many questions, and it kills me to think that some of these questions will never be answered.

reason.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
unless he burned it to ashes (assuming he was the one who smashed it) the info inside is still easily removed. Even things you "delete" from memory cards are still easily accessable

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Honestly, with what he did they will most likely do anything possible to recover info from the hard drive. And unless he pretty much burned it to a crisp, even in pieces they can recover a surprisingly large amount.

Most people do not really care about this fact, as it costs a large amount of money to do this type of recovery on the consumer level.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hmm, so I'm given to understand that he played alot of call of duty, perhaps he got his ass kicked online by one of the many a**holes on their that like to scream abuse at other players and this tipped him over the edge?

All the emerging evidence so far paints the picture of n unstable personality with aspergers syndrome, so could be it went something like this...

Up all night playing COD, mother freaks out in the morning and as a result either he or she destroys his machine either as an attempt to stop him from playing or out of a game induced rage, one thing leads t another and pretty soon someone pulls a firearm...?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
He'd have had to fry the hard drive with acid or an incendiary in order to ensure that they can't get any data off of it.

Smashing the computer is only slightly more effective than shooting the monitor like they always seem to do in movies to kill a computer.

I'm surprised they're pretending they don't know who his ISP was. C'mon, that's got to be easy info to get.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Over the weekend I recall several stories stating that the police had pieced together a solid motive for what he did but were waiting to release the info.

Possibly related? Covering something?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by redshoes

For all the sense any of the rest of it made, you could be right for all anyone knows. It could really be that simple in the end. Who knows? Something made him snap and I think destroying the computers was an example of a very simplistic level of thinking. Just rage...not really thinking at all. Disaster recovery services were recovering data (altho at very high cost) from fire and flood damaged hard drives clear back in the early 90's. With tech today? As I understand it, the industrial services literally shred the whole drive. Platters and all and mixed with all the other shards from all the other drives ...and that's considered what it takes from some of what I've read.

He obviously wasn't real intelligent or wasn't functioning with the intelligence he had ....one of the two. The unthinkable nature of his acts makes THIS one a real special kind of mystery. It's so far outside what is even imaginable.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
How can one be sure that Adam or his mother destroyed their computer?

Or, how does one know if the destroyed computer is even theirs? Could have been a plant with gun websites and survivalists web pages on it while being destroyed enough to keep the real users from being discovered.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
When you live in a system where proven liars report the details....and the sensationalistic angle is always hyped,
The basic emotions are stoked....
How can you trust ANYTHING you are TOLD?
I refuse to go along with these mind programmers babble.
They could tell you his computer was used to contact Sheik khalid, and they planned the whole thing for sharia law and you couldnt prove otherwise anyways....
Our hands are tied to corrupted sources.....
We would be better off plugging our ears and chanting lalalalalalalalal
The propaganda we are bombarded with.... is turning us into very unbalanced beings.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

This is the question I have as well and the reason I stumbled upon this website and opened an account. Why cover your tracks and leave no evidence if the plan is to kill yourself anyway? It seems almost obvious that the only reason to destroy evidence is to protect someone. If that person isn't you than it has to be someone else. Who would he be trying to protect? I'm not generally a conspiracy theorist. I don't constantly look for a conspiracy I enjoy reading about some of more popular one's from time to time but rarely get the gut feeling about them like I do this one. The Manchurian Candidate continues to come to my mind when thinking about this "senseless" killing spree. I really can't think of a better way to draw public support for getting guns out of the hands of Americans than the killing of these young innocent kids. I can't help but picture a "think tank" of powerful people sitting around and contemplating what it would take to get the majority of Americans on board with the "enough is enough" campaign. Before I learned of the computer being destroyed I considered the fact that perhaps this was Adam's plan. Maybe he felt strongly that too many people were being killed by guns and that this one evil act would be his way of saving many by sacrificing a few (in this case 26). But why cut the ties to any additional evidence unless it leads somewhere? If it does lead somewhere where would it lead and what would be the motive? I can't help but feel that this immediate push for gun control is tied in there somehow. It just seems to be too well planned and too sinister.
I don't know. I have too much to say and am not an eloquent enough writer to make the points I want to make succinctly enough as to not write an entire book. These were just a few of the thoughts I've had and unfortunately they seem to make more sense than merely accepting that this quiet kid with no history of violence had suddenly decided it was time to make a name for himself by doing one of the most evil things imaginable. Killing someone's 6 yr old takes absolutely no skill and is the most cowardly thing you could possibly do with your life. Why would anyone want that to be their legacy? Lots of questions and the answers, so far, don't add up.

edit on 19-12-2012 by Mabel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabel

Yes, this definitely seems perfectly timed for the political movement du jour.

This president seems very concerned with his legacy as well.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5K3P7IC41
He'd have had to fry the hard drive with acid or an incendiary in order to ensure that they can't get any data off of it.

Smashing the computer is only slightly more effective than shooting the monitor like they always seem to do in movies to kill a computer.

I'm surprised they're pretending they don't know who his ISP was. C'mon, that's got to be easy info to get.

Game servers have a cache...his interaction, comments posted in game and all other activity should be easy to find.

So do ISP's...so really, anything gained by smashing a computer is lost by the records other computers are keeping.

Besides, burning a computer, even the hard drive is NOT an effective way to erase data on it.

You can use a degaussing magnet to erase the data...a powerful magnet, rubbed around the exterior of the drive will erase or scramble the data, but the only sure way of destroying data on a HD is to open it up and physically destroy the platters inside.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

How do we know it was a magnetic drive and not a solid state drive. I'd imagine smashing one of those would make reading the data much more difficult - I'd image you'd have to solder the flash chips (if they were intact) onto another board, and I don't even know if that would work. Since he was a PC gamer, I'd say it's not at all unlikely that he was using one...

Still, smashing a PC isn't exactly a great way to destroy data. anyone who knows about computers wouldn't have destroyed it and would've simply incinerated the drive(s).

edit on 23-12-2012 by nadie because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2012 by nadie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by redshoes

My mother always told me beware of the man in red shoes. I think I'll take what you have to say with a grain of salt. That is not even remotely a possibility. There are far too many inconsistencies in the 'big picture' of the story, for him to have just raged over a lost match.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
To me, this fits with the overall story. The kid is said to hav ebeen a computer "genius". If he ever made any comments on his computer that he did not want to be seen, he would know how to take apart the drives and to the damage he wanted.
The biggest thing that this does prove is that it wasnt just a spur of the moment 'snap'. He thought about it. He planned it. He made a decision to do what he did and to cover his tracks as best he could.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
There is the possibility that he might not have decided to end his life until the moments of the shooting.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
connecting the suppposed 'dots'....he murdered the hard drive because he did not want authorities to incorrectly piece together his weirdness... Satan stuff, he was reported to be into Goth stuff too... the killing game stuff too...

see... his mom was crashing his 'world' with the secret threat to have him commited to a psych ward
he got wind of the secret effort by his mom and her friends at Sandy Hook school, the social services sociologist and the Principal....

after he covered his history in the digital world he stole moms guns, shot her dead then mosied over to the school to find the Principal, the social counseler... then because he had the time & ammo left he started killing thge youngsters /(preferably the kindergardeners his mom as volunteer teachers' aide sat over for two previous years at the school...

no conspiracym no brainwashing, it is clear that Adam was destroying his moms world just she was in the process of destroying his.... this is the End...the End is my friend,,,DOORS paraphrased

posted on 23-12-2012 @ 17:58
There is the possibility that he might not have decided to end his life until the moments of the shooting.

sure enough... he destroyed the mom, her friends, the mission was accomplished so Adam nonchantly killed himself to show that 'the end' was no big deal
edit on 23-12-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join