Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

While youre all distracted, Obama is about to reauthorize warrant-less spying.

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The National Security Agency (NSA) has refused, despite these demands, to reveal how many Americans it has spied on through effectively unlimited powers granted in the 2008 FISA amendments.

While America is babbling about guns, our government is taking the opportunity to destroy more of our rights.

Began by Bush, continued by Obama. Hows that "change" working out for you?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
Hows that "change" working out for you?

I can't stand when people say this. If the "change" isn't working for democrats, it's not working for republicans either...and it surely isn't working for Ron Paul supporters.
You're essentially saying "this country sucks, but since your guy is in charge, I'm so happy this country sucks."
It is extremely childish, not to mention unoriginal.

Really though, no one seemed to care the first time the bill was passed, why would they care the second time around?
edit on 18-12-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

In all fairness the OP did mention it started with Bush. I am sure it started way before him even, but he was the one who was dumb enough to make it known to the public.

As far as no one caring, I agee with you 100%! The Sheep are begging for their tyrannical masters to protect them from any harm even at the cost of their loss of freedoms. I hate to use the term sheep but it is much more fitting than calling them slaves. Slaves would fight back given the opportunity, where sheep just follow their shepard to their grazing pastures and protective shelter.

Since 9/11 people have willingly given in to scare tactics and in the name of safety allowing the control grid to tighten around their neck to the point breathing in the necessary oxygen, has destroyed their ability to be able to think about what is happening in their surrounding environments.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

We care, and we cry, and we say no, but like a raper, they're just going to do it anyway.

With guarantees of credit at the company store, they can turn brother against brother.

With our cries, we can't buy anything, but pitty; and pitty can be out wagered with their credit.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by gladtobehere
Hows that "change" working out for you?

I can't stand when people say this. If the "change" isn't working for democrats, it's not working for republicans either...and it surely isn't working for Ron Paul supporters.
You're essentially saying "this country sucks, but since your guy is in charge, I'm so happy this country sucks."
It is extremely childish, not to mention unoriginal.

Really though, no one seemed to care the first time the bill was passed, why would they care the second time around?
edit on 18-12-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

Ugh. Where do I start?

I don't think the OP said that he is happy this country sucks. How could you extrapolate such a thing from what he wrote? No need to get snippy and insulting, either, although, based on my previous tangles with you, it is to be expected.

Your statement that nobody cares the first time the bill was passed, so why care now, is not only erroneous, but downright wrong. Many people care. Many people write to their representatives in protest. The problem isn't that "nobody cares", the problem is that people in charge do not listen. Big difference.

I have contacted my senator and representative in protest of this, and all I got was a form letter thanking me for my "interest". What have you done? Oh, that's right.....you don't care.
edit on 18-12-2012 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join