It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Process to Make One-Way Flu Vaccine Discovered

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

By using the fragment and generating particles mimicking a virus in structure, the immune system can learn to recognize any type of flu virus and attack the pathogen, preventing illness. The research appears in a recent edition of the journal Molecular Therapy, published by the Nature Publishing Group.

"We can now design a vaccine that makes it easier to induce a good immune system response to recognize a pathogen, regardless of how the surface proteins of the virus change," Kang said.

At first, the idea of genetically synthesizing a "signature" virus for immunization seemd a bit frightening to me... then I read further and became truly concerned....

Here's a snippet of the abstract of the research.... I have highlighted some portions that I think bear scrutiny... I am hoping the ATS members will help me accept, reject, or understand more fully what this report indicates:

The extracellular domain of M2 (M2e), a small ion channel membrane protein, is well conserved among different human influenza A virus strains.

To improve the protective efficacy of M2e vaccines, we genetically engineered a tandem repeat of M2e epitope sequences (M2e5x) of human, swine, and avian origin influenza A viruses, which was expressed in a membrane-anchored form and incorporated in virus-like particles (VLPs). ...

Intramuscular immunization with M2e5x VLP vaccines was highly effective in inducing M2e-specific antibodies reactive to different influenza viruses, mucosal and systemic immune responses, and cross-protection regardless of influenza virus subtypes in the absence of adjuvant.

Thus, molecular designing and presenting M2e immunogens on VLPs provide a promising platform for developing universal influenza vaccines without using adjuvants.

Well, we know the industry has been fighting against those who identify the adjuvants as part of the problem with vaccines... perhaps this is a solution?

But combining these viral particle signatures and inducing a response in the immune system might not be a cut and dry as it expresses itself int he lab.... or under clinical controls.

"Universal vaccine" may be the next pharmaceutical hurtle the human condition will have to overcome... unless the science is sound... and the genetically-designed VLPs are benign....

What say you?

www.sciencedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Interesting. And it *could* be better than people injecting adjuvants into their bodies every year, but you won't find me lining up for shot. Less than 1% of the populace falls ill to the flu every year. A heck of a lot more fall ill to "flu-like illnesses" which have nothing to do with the influenza virus. In short, the measure of protection is so miniscule, to me the time spent getting the vaccine is more likely to cause me to fall ill due to wasted time, cutting into sleep or proper eating, etc. Than the 1:100 chance I could fall ill to influenza.

I'm not entirely against vaccines. Some vaccines are great, and worthwile (smallpox, measles, etc.), but the bebefit to the influenza vaccine just isn't worth the time, risk, or cost.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
My question is whether a similar structure to the base that they are using to train our body to fight is found in foods we eat. Will our body react to the food we eat if the meat was gotten from a cow that had a cold. Will our body react against animal viruses that presently don't effect people. We are talking about possibly changing the perception of our immune system where all viruses are fought. This could weaken our immune system by using all our mammalian Chitinases up fighting something we don't have to. I suppose they will test it on the masses to see if this will occur. I'm tired of being a guinea pig for the mad scientists.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
You know, good for them for finding a better vaccine.
But you know what, let me beat illnesses naturally.
And prevent them by living a healthy life.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I think I saw this movie. "I am Legend". When they tell you all you need is one vaccine then it really is time to be concerned. Avoid this poison at all costs.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I think I saw this movie. "I am Legend". When they tell you all you need is one vaccine then it really is time to be concerned. Avoid this poison at all costs.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
LET THE TESTING BEGIN!

LMAO SCREW THAT. Seriously though, you don't want to get sick then stop eating all those processed foods (even some that aren't may still harbor chemicals also watch out for ones that have been genetically modified) or maybe stop doing cigarettes, alcohol, fluoride, etc.. if you smoke cigarettes/cigars/unnatural herbs and such you can bet sickness will come to you. But yeah, there's no need for anything man-made this vaccine will only make it worse.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Maybe I've become incredibly jaded, but I simply do not trust the newer biomedical technologies. They often find one little piece of the puzzle, and then are surprised when things go totally haywire because they didn't see the other parts and how they all fit together.

They should be working to strengthen our immune systems to work more effectively against whatever it comes up against. But that wouldn't be very profitable, would it?

Thanks to the polio vaccine push in the 50s and 60s, all us baby boomers were injected with Simian Virus 40, as the vaccines were grown on green monkey kidneys that had this virus. Now we're all dropping like flies from cancer. See what I mean? They see one part, and fail to see the whole.

www.naturalnews.com...

Gonna pass on this one, thanks but no thanks. If other people want to be guinea pigs, they can be my guest.

Agreed. I feel I have been duped my whole life while living in the USA, where people are seemingly brainwashed into thinking their body is more of a machine that you can inject with chemical boosting agents to make you super human.

More and more we see that we are just human -- a part of this Earth, that needs this Earth to survive. Today, humans are relying on chemicals (created by man) instead of the Earth and all she provides, while wondering wtf is wrong with the world today.

Bottom line, to my knowledge Influenza is still a virus. There is no virus I am aware of that can ever be vaccinated to prevent against, or to cure. This is another twist in the plot of flu vaccines to make more MONEY .. as usual.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Meaningless

Nothing wrong with beer, it's all natural

Well at least the beer I brew is, who knows about the bigtime brewing corps

top topics

<< 1   >>

join