learn more

Firearms retailers going nuts: PMAGS $60 /each

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
CTD PMAGS $60 /each

5.56 NATO apparently doubled in price too: link

Dicks, BasPro, Impact, Walmart have all removed 5.56 AR's from their inventory.

Palmetto State has this notice up:

Due to the election results, holiday shopping and current events, order volume is at never before seen levels. We are working as fast as we can to process your orders. Please allow up to 15 business days for your order to ship. At this time additional time will be required if your order is to be shipped to an FFL.
link

Somebody gives these retailers advanced notice of a confiscation?
Are they hoarding their stock for when a $1,000 rifle becomes a $5,000 rifle?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Wow almost $900 for 1000 rounds of the cheap bulk ammo. If this keeps up I'll be able to sell 500 rounds of 9mm and buy a used car.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

You should have seen my local gun show over the weekend. I've never seen a line so long waiting to get in. I typically attend all of the local shows and I just turned around and went home. The shows are already crowded enough without all of the recent developments. It would have been interesting to see what the prices were over the weekend from the usual vendors that typically show up.

Here we go again.... Might be a good time to make some extra scratch if you have an extra AR lying around.

A buddy of mine had a good idea a while back and bought 4 complete lowers at a show and has built up 2 of them so far. Keep 2 sell 2 perhaps...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Betting the cost and number of AR repairs are going to go up.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I was informed by a local dealer that if I wanted any parts to order them in the next week, or I would not be getting anything until possibly 2014 because all of the manufacturers are going to pull parts that would normally be for sale to the builders for in house gun builds.

In other words they are planning on pumping out as many rifles as they can in as little time as possible just in case an AWB does some how go into effect. I have already seen many places looking to capitalize off of this situation by jumping prices up to take advantage of the overwhelming demand.

It took PSA 14 days just to ship a lower parts kit that I had ordered due to the increase in demand.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

That's just what they did before Clinton's AWB.

It doesnt look good for all these manufacturers and retails to be reacting this way.

2ndAF, GoA and everyone else better get serious.

Knowing the NRA they'll probably write the next AWB.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Really ! www.aimsurplus.com...
edit on 18-12-2012 by letseeit7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by letseeit7

If it's just a case of CTD price gouging that's great but I'll have to boycott them for being such a-holes.

Keep an eye on AIM and see how they react.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I saw this coming , already stocked up lol good luck

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by letseeit7

edit on 18-12-2012 by letseeit7 because: (no reason given)

They are all sold out almost across the board. Aim Surplus is good about keeping prices low for their customers, but they also do not change prices until the new stock arrives and it is ready for sale. Look for the prices to adjust if and when they receive new stock which might not be for quite some time.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Here we are 1 week later .... Check this out from Brownells alone. 3.5 years worth of magazines sold in a 72 hour period.... Holy !@#$

Brownells, the world's largest supplier of firearms, has reportedly sold three-and-a-half years worth of magazines in just seventy-two hours.

Brownells CEO said:

"I wanted to take a minute to shed some insight on the magazine situation if I can. First of all I wanted to offer an apology for the situation... with magazines being 'In-Stock' and back-ordered moments later... [The] demand for magazines actually exceeded the ability for the system to keep up with the volume that was being ordered."

"To shed some more light on the magazine situation at present, it really has been unprecedented in the last 5 days. During a roughly 72 hour period...we sold the 'average demand' equivalent of about 3.5 years worth of PMAGS, and an even greater amount of our Brownells magazines."

When I visited Brownells online, I was met with a disclaimer at the top of the website that read:

PLEASE NOTE: Due to Extreme Volumes, and Winter Storms, Order Shipment May Be Delayed. Thank You For Your Patience.

Others

A blog on Military Times had a similar report: "AR magazines are disappearing."

The post read:

"I just did a quick survey of a few of my favorite online retailers and found ZERO AR magazines were in stock. Brownells, Midway, Cabelas, Rainier Arms... All are out of 30 round AR magazines. In fact, it looks like they have run dry on nearly every variant of AR magazine.

cnsnews.com...
edit on 21-12-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
well for what its worth i placed an order with ctd 3 days ago for a bunch of ak mags and ammo and they werent gouging on those but all the shootings lately have been with ar's as opposed to ak's so that might explain it but as others have said this does not look good to us that are opposed to a new awb but on the plus side it seems even if they ban them every one has allready stocked up to the gills on guns and ammo so we might just have wait tell this one "expires" again

www.thecountryshed.com... seems these guys might have mags left but no idea on the reputation of said site

www.gtdist.com... i guess the primarily supply law enforcement but u might be able to order mags here as well but seems like their price went up too

www.ammosc.com... 19$ a pop here

www.gunbroker.com... people on gunbroker be a gouging too as they are selling 5 30 round ar mags for what looks like 230 bucks and that seems steep as i just got 26 ak mags for 8.89 a pop(230ish for all of them) from ctd a few days ago

edit on 21-12-2012 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)
edit on 21-12-2012 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It's simple supply and demand. People are willing to pay the price and are outbidding each other. A lot of the normal online ammo dealers are out of stock, especially .223 which is used in an AR-15. The places that do have it available are not outrageously priced, however, at least not yet. Basically you really should already have enough. Trying to buy stuff now is really too late.

new topics

top topics

join