It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ONLINE AD: Content Writers Needed Today - [Hunting for shills?]

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by shipovfools

Originally posted by flexy123
OP,

an army of skilled writers who are willing to shill for whatever they are told to write about.

If a company tells me to write reviews or pages for a site, say, about a detox product, acne remedy or software...then I'll write that, regardless of my "real" opinion whether their detox product might maybe be total shiate in my opinion....do you REALLY believe that everything you read, see on TV or come across on the internet is "real"..in a sense it contains the true opinion..and NEVER has any intent (eg. selling)????

edit on 18-12-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

Ha...same here.

My mom tells me she doesn't trust online reviews anymore, after I told her about a few of my gigs.

What irks me is that I can get professional clients who will pay upwards of $15-20 per hour for quality work, and then there are these content mills that pay less than a dollar for a 500 word article. As someone whose base rate is $0.10/word, this is ridiculous...but when I need the money I won't turn it down.

Anyway, just thinking aloud...there are tons of freelance sites where people who barely understand the English language will work for fractions of a penny per word. The fact that this company pays over $20/hr makes me think it might be something different than the usual content mill.

I just applied, more out of curiosity.

There is still something fishy about this but I can't put my finger on it. People who look for writers usually don't do this on CL.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I just applied and used this as my writing example.

That's classic

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Uh.. ooh!

Now wouldn't it be fun, if a large community like, say, the alternative news community decided to devote a bit of their time to do to Reputation Changer what Reputation Changer does best - change their reputation?

Imagine if suddenly all kinds of unflattering search results hit the CEO's screen as he did his daily googling of his company .. oh, the satisfaction ..

Oh, the almost inappropriate satisfaction ..

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

They hired me !

Just kidding but wouldn't that be a hoot ? Bumpity bump to a great thread.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Sometimes I think I am the only non bot on the internet. Everyone else has bad opinions, which makes me think they are bots.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I spend a lot of my day at work posting on ATS, so basically I post for free while I am actually getting paid if that makes sense I would never sacrifice my morals and write about things that I do not believe in, especially if it's what I believe what these people are asking for.

Oh really, what do you think working for someone else and using their computer for personal usage is, an enforcement of high morals?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This thread defines what "Selling Out" means.

It's quite disgusting to think of. In my opinion.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Reputation Changer is a commercial company that repair businesses online reputation after negative press reports, or promote "good reports" to google's front page.

Isn't that exactly what a shill is? No matter how you look at it, they manufacture bogus press for the sole purpose of influencing opinions in a specific way.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

I spend a lot of my day at work posting on ATS, so basically I post for free while I am actually getting paid if that makes sense I would never sacrifice my morals and write about things that I do not believe in, especially if it's what I believe what these people are asking for.

Oh really, what do you think working for someone else and using their computer for personal usage is, an enforcement of high morals?

When I am at work I am on MY computer and it's ME running the show and I pretty much do whatever I want as long as the work gets done, and trust me that the work gets done, and it gets done at a very high quality I might add.

And judging by your ignorance YOU are in NO position to comment on anyone's moral enforcement.

That is all

Sent from my iPhone

ETA:

We are hiring, apply within U2U

edit on 12/19/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Seems as though you have a very high opinion of yourself, I for one am far from impressed with your journalistic skills. I took your statement to be ignorant. I think it is great that you get paid while wasting your time on ATS, I, think you are far from qualified to suggest anything is immoral when you yourself have the morals of a pea.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

You are so delightful

Good thing I am not a journalist eh?

See the edit to my above post.
edit on 12/19/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DupontDeux

I like your idea

That would be impressive to see, too bad we don't have nearly as many as the resources as they do in order to achieve such a task

Man that would be great though!

The closest we will ever come is posting on sites like ATS, lucky for us a lot of time when I search for a certain news headline, the first search result is ATS...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
When you see the exorbitant "user" ratings Hollywood schlock like Prometheus, The Dark Knight Rises and, now, The Hobbit garner on sites like IMBD, it's pretty much a given that making shít seem like it's fine, dark chocolate is a veritable business nowadays.

I mean, is this what passes for 'acting' in an 8.7 (/10) film nowadays??

Shills, please...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
[I spend a lot of my day at work posting on ATS, so basically I post for free while I am actually getting paid if that makes sense]

Working on a project other than the one you are accepting payment for is thief of services from your employer.

edit on 20-12-2012 by whatwasthat because: sp

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I think that they probably did not mean what you think. It probably went a different way.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by whatwasthat

Working on a project other than the one you are accepting payment for is thief of services from your employer.

No it isn't.

Your baseless opinion should never be presented as fact...just saying.

And it's "theft" not "thief"...just saying.
edit on 12/20/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

Originally posted by Argyll

Reputation Changer is a commercial company that repair businesses online reputation after negative press reports, or promote "good reports" to google's front page......a bit like SEO.

There's no conspiracy, and they aren't looking for "shills", there are hundreds of companies that offer the same services.

Reputation Changer is an online reputation management company. We provide a plethora of services including online reputation repair, online reputation monitoring, Google suggest management, brand reputation management with online reputation management case studies and more.

edit on 18/12/2012 by Argyll because: (no reason given)
Hi,

$24. an hour

'Up to $24 an hour, the reality is you'll be lucky to get $5 - $8 an hour.
The good money for those kind of gigs is long gone.
I've been told that people from the 3rd world have brought the prices right down.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Ok Flexy, what's the update?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join