It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2004 election will be a joke... Why vote?!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It's like picking the lesser of two evils/devilworshipers. John Kerry and George Bush are both bonesmen

Heres a little info on Mr. Kerry

www.bop2004.org...

but who cares right!?!? # it I gonna vote for neither my vote won't count anyway!??!?!??

VzH

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 04:07 PM
link   

# it I gonna vote for neither my vote won't count anyway!??!?!??

then beware of the far-right...........

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
That's a stupid thing to say, the most damage to this nation is coming from the Liberals who are censoring words like "Founding fathers".

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Then vote the indapented party.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Come on whats wrong with the far-right? The liberals wanted to ban the Confederate flag on the Gerogian State Flag, and they did. They want to tazes high and all that other stuff.

Don't forget censoring words like "God", and "Jesus".

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
want to tazes high and all that other stuff.

Sure I would like to tazez some high and other stuff but only if its natural... none that garage shop junk!

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
It is that mentality alone that we have to thank for the dork who now calls the wh his home!!!

If more Americans came out and voted, our nation would be stronger, our politicians less crooked and our economy strong.

Here some facts for you straight from the last census:

> Of those registered to vote only 43% showed up at the polls in the last election.

> Of those Americans of voting age and legally eligible to do so, only 38% were actually registered voters.

> So essentially, we had roughly only 15% of the eligble American populace who actually voted in this last election. We are allowing a small minority of individuals to choose our leaders, and sadly they are mostly righties!!

That is DAMN SAD PEOPLE!!!

There are folks in other countries that would give thier right arm for the right to democratically vote for and elect their leaders who can't. And you wonder why people continue to flock to this country to find asylum?

I've been working with my local DNC office to get the democratic voters registered, and either help them to get to the pol or help them to set up absentee ballots for their districts.

We need the real people, those who suffer the most when the money hungry right-wing tyrants rule our nation, allowing jobs to leave our country, yet still giving huge corporate tax breaks to companies who layoff workers in mass and send these jobs to other countries.

"We the people"

Remember that when voting day approaches, we have the power, maybe not alone but in mass we can dictate what is done, who is chosen, and who is sent packing on Nov.2, 2004.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Time for a change. A new party, the American Publice Service Party(Note: the word political is absent!).

It will be founded on simple pricipals people can understand.

No criminals need apply!

No secret societiey members need apply! If they have taken a oath to any organization other than the United States, they need not apply.

Getting back to the basics, the constitution!

Abolishment of the internal revinue tax code! Replace with a sales tax.

Abolishment of the CIA.

any more thoughts?

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HKoT
That's a stupid thing to say, the most damage to this nation is coming from the Liberals who are censoring words like "Founding fathers".

I voted but unfortunately I was in alabama at the time. The state went to Bush anyway. To make every vote count we need to get rid of the electoral college. but you know what that wouldn't of mattered in the last election either.

Bush was appointed president not elected!!!!

[Edited on 7-5-2003 by abstract_alao]

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by abstract_alao

Bush was appointed president not elected!!!!

he was elected. the court simply ruled in his favor.

what if the courts would have sided with gore? would gore have been "appointed?"

that's what i though.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Gore actually won if the peoples votes were counted as is, unfortunately as abstract put it, until the electoral college is done away with, the vote will be bought for each state by the highest bidder.

Even if the popular vote for a given state votes for a candidate in a close race the electoral college can give there electoral votes to the other candidate beofre all of the votes are tallied.

The Electoral college should be abolished; it served its purpose at a time when counting each vote would have been unreasonable but with todays technology, each real voter can be heard!!!

We don't need another weak party of extreme idealist, we need our system to work FOR THE PEOPLE!!! If all of the votes counted, several things would change quickly:

> the soundbite would be less affective

> we could shorten the campaign timeframe to a month or two, just as it is legislated in England

> candidates could be, would be and should be held accountable for all promises made!!

I say rather than waste time on creating new parties, let us start a grass roots effort to eliminate the electoral college and return the voting power to the PEOPLE!!!!

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   
you saying about the voting over in America!

well i can tell you its just as bad over here in the UK

its doesnt matter what country your in, or who you vote for

in the end the 'Fat Cats' get fatter and we get poorer!!!!!!

Blackwidow

[Edited on 7-5-2003 by blackwidow666]

[Edited on 7-5-2003 by blackwidow666]

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
couldn't of said it better my self USMC Harrier

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Blackwidow
You're pretty near right about the voting process and the results.
How are you doing?
I'm standing by, I won't forget I owe you one.
Starwalker

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
hiya

long time no hear?

thank you again

I'm still holding onto that one you owe me

Blackwidow

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
BlackWidow
Hold on to it tight
Starwalker

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   
What happens if we get a Democrat with less popular votes yet wins the electoral college? Will you still support getting rid of the EC? hmmmmmm.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
BlackWidow
I just got a phone call and have to go...
I will be back to you in a day or two, will not be as long as last time, for sure...
I got part of your last note, but not all
We will try again when I get back to you
Starwalker

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I will be voting...

i agree with USMC...just that aint nobody to vote for. Dean, Kerry, or Liberman...you damn sho can't vote for Dubya cause he a recovering crack-head/drunkard. and like Whitney said "crack is wack". The only reason this smoker made it was cause he got dirty with Mc Cain. Dubya played the game better. Mc Cain would have dusted Gore. He should be the president right now.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   

What happens if we get a Democrat with less popular votes yet wins the electoral college? Will you still support getting rid of the EC? hmmmmmm.

Answer: yes. Crooked democrat or republican, either way, the electoral college must go.

Democrats and republicans are the same pack of fools really.

I vote every year: I vote libertarian. Right now, its the only party or political agenda that i can support in good conscience. If americans would wake up and realize theres more than one party, and break us out of this two party gridlock, we might actually have a shot of undoing the damage done.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join