It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Port Arthur Australia incident resulted in tighter gun laws.. shooter from... New Town Australia..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Reading about the Port Arthur Australia incident, which was *THE* catalyst for forever changing gun policies in Australia, I found that the shooter in that incident was from New Town... anyone else find that strange?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Yes, another "autistic loner". This one happened to have an IQ of 66. He couldn't read or write, had the brain of an 11 year old, but was still clever enough to kill over 30 people with professional precision.

Shot from the right hip (he's left-handed), told police he never fired a gun in his life but managed some 20 head shots, in less than 2 minutes.

www.whale.to...
www.gwb.com.au...

Was most likely framed or something else.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
What i do find strange is the pattern of the killing sprees , then the gun bans.....
It is beginning to look more like black ops psywar....than random nut cases popping off.....
With the Trondheim incident, Dunblane,Montreal,port Arthur...Oklahoma CITY,7/7,9/11,WACO,Bobby Kennedy, JFK,MLK, and many other strange deaths, of witnesses and participants....also the Lavon Affair et al...
The view from above, over the decades draws a sinister implication...
Maybe the chaotic events of the past leading up to the present are so subtly linked that the guiding hands cannot be fingerprinted with surety? But the decisions and choices people make, are subject the information and emotional stimulii they are fed.....

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilmehere
Reading about the Port Arthur Australia incident, which was *THE* catalyst for forever changing gun policies in Australia, I found that the shooter in that incident was from New Town... anyone else find that strange?

en.wikipedia.org...

Martin Bryant used to live next door to a friend of mine... for years.
The home he lived in in New Town (about 2 minutes' drive from my house - I live in Tasmania) belonged to an elderly 'cat lady' here... who left everything to him when she died.

I remember the day of the massacre very clearly. April 28, 1996.
I was in the car driving home from church when I saw the first of the helicopters land on the domain (a large, open grassy area here where we have commemorative services for veterans etc.) and transfer people to the waiting ambulance... and watched in horror on the news as the stories unfolded throughout the day and night.

The events of that day were horrific.

...they were also a field day for conspiracy theorists.
According to the official story, Martin Bryant shot from the hip with astounding accuracy... despite never having had any official training with firearms, and a court-assessed IQ of 66. His foray in the Broad Arrow Cafe (at Port Arthur, around 40 minutes' drive from Hobart, Tasmania's capital city) remains to this day the very essence of gruesome killing efficiency. I'd doubt that a highly trained assassin could have done better.

Personally, I don't doubt that Martin Bryant was involved in these events. He was there that day, there is plenty of evidence to conclude that, and there is also plenty of evidence to show that he possessed the required guns and ammunition. He suffered burns from the events that followed later (he set fire to a Bed & Breakfast he was holed up in), and many of these stories are... fairly conclusively corroborated by police and onlookers to the events.

...but I don't think there's any way that this man could have committed these acts alone. Not with that efficiency.

...either way, though, if the point of these atrocities was to 'disarm the Australian public'...

well, that's something that I would have been okay with, with or without the massacre. The statistics speak for themselves - removing certain types of weapons from the public has only been a positive thing... and personally I think that the 'right to bear arms' really only makes sense if you take it in its full context.

It's not about the right to bear arms. It never was. It's about the right to stand up, even if that means standing up to fight, to construct a militia even, against injustices perpetrated by the government against the people.

...not quite the same thing as having an AK-47 under your bed.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
Yes, another "autistic loner". This one happened to have an IQ of 66. He couldn't read or write, had the brain of an 11 year old, but was still clever enough to kill over 30 people with professional precision

Shot from the right hip (he's left-handed), told police he never fired a gun in his life but managed some 20 head shots, in less than 2 minutes.

Given that a large proportion of those head shots were literally at ranges measured in inches the accuracy is completley unremarkable!

Shots from the hip were fired at 3 people at the next table in a small cafe - 2 were killed - and the 3rd was grazed on the scalp - so much for military precision at point blank range!!

he trapped over 20 people in that small cafe - blocking the only exit - and managed to kill 12 and wound 10.

Subsequent killings involved multiple shots and helpless or defenceless targets also shot at short range at other locations - at het gift shop he again blocked the exit - killing anotehr 8 and injuring 2.

In the carpark he kiled another 4 - all of them with shots to the body at short range - one of them having been previously wounded and lying helpless he walked up to and shot in the back.

the mikac's - mother and 2 daughters - killed along the road to the toll booth were all close enough for him to literally have a hand on their shoulders - one of the girls was killed with a head shot with the gun against her neckl after she tried to hide behind a tree - he walked up to her and executed her - she was 6. the mother had been forced to kneel with his arm on her shoulder and then shot in the temple. the 3 year old daughter was shot in the shoulder, and then killed with a shot to the chest.

At the toll booth the driver of one car was shot at point blank range, and his 2 pasengers dragged from the car and simlarly executed. Another driver moving towards the killer was shot in the chest.

the weapons used were an AR-15 and an FN-FAL - and he had had anAR-10 since late 1993 - almost 2 1/2 years prior to the shooting. the idea that he had never used guns is a lie!

Once the range got to 50m he was a pretty useless shot!

edit on 18-12-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
Yes, another "autistic loner". This one happened to have an IQ of 66. He couldn't read or write, had the brain of an 11 year old, but was still clever enough to kill over 30 people with professional precision.

www.whale.to...
www.gwb.com.au...

Was most likely framed or something else.

Spot on....not only that but there were witness reports that were never officially included in any police reports of more than one gunmen in black walking around firing at people.

There was also no court case where Bryant qs publicly examined.

It is impossible given the mental state of the individual and lack of shooting skill for him to have done this by himself.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
It is impossible given the mental state of the individual and lack of shooting skill for him to have done this by himself.

Of course you have extensive training in psychiatry and have examined Bryant to know his mental state?

And tested his ability to shoot someone when he has the gun pressed against their skin, or a person kneeling within a foot or 2 of him, or people cowering on the floor in a small cafe and gift shop, or sitting at the next table who are not expecting anything at all, or who he has dragged from a car to shoot?

Perhaps you should publish those studies and all the data that was used to make these conclusions.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Yet the funny thing is IF more people carried even back then there would of been a lot less deaths.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This just proves how these things enable anyone to go on mass killing sprees. Even a retard could do it.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by lilmehere

I noticed that too, and its far more convincing than these silly "Sandy Hook" movie tie-ins.

TPTB are setting up a "New Town," one where we cannot resist with firearms, because they will be gone.

I don't know about his military training, but from what I read, they never did announce a supposed motive for the Australia shootings.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Oh what a tangled web we have here........coincidence or design??

new topics

top topics

join