It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listen to this argument for more gun control and please tell me how you can be against it..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Our right to keep and bear arms should never cease to exist. This right protects us from those that would do us harm. This gives us an equalizer if enemies or our own government threatened our right to exist. You take away that right and we the people are fresh meat with a glowing neon sign for anyone that would attempt to rob, steal, rape, torture, or take the life of innocent American's.

It's awful anytime people are killed in cold blood involving guns, that's a given. If those that wish to do these innocent people harm do or do not have access to guns isn't going to change their ill intent. They can pick up a rock and beat innocent people in the head with it. I wish we lived in a world where guns were not needed for protection, but we don't. Guns should be a last resort effort for protection, used responsibly, come with an education passed down from a responsible adult, and always, always an American right.

edit on 18-12-2012 by Gumerk because: Clarification

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Not really. I just have a pet peeve for people in debates who are losing badly, and immediately resort to criticizing grammar and insulting religion.

That would be you, by the way.
edit on 18-12-2012 by ManjushriPrajna because: (no reason given)

.. And I note you conveniently ignored that I was called a 'babby' [sic] by this person first, even though I had no prior dealings with them. Ergo, your peeve is disingenuous.

Meditate on that!

NEXT

IRM

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by LightCraft

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by LightCraft

HERE'S a FACT for you: There are nearly TRIPLE the amount of deaths related to "DOCTOR NEGLIGENCE" than gun related deaths. There's a stat for ya Doc.

And his claim about "kids": Here's another FACT Doc: Children have 3 times more deaths per year playing FOOTBALL than they do from guns.

The facts speak for themselves.

No.. They are transparent, strawman arguments that say more about you and your lack of a leg to stand on than anything else.

IRM

What are you talking about "strawman arguments"? I have no clue as to what you're talking about.

You don't do you!

IRM

Glass houses my friend.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000 One isn't necessarily better or worse.

actually i'd argue it's much worse to presume 'god' gave you any rights and give those 'god given' rights precedence over actual, earthly (ie real) rights, accorded by international law and agreement. god hasn't signed any legal documents that i'm aware of.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
How can I be against it?
Simple - it's infringing on my God given rights.
Those who want a New Constitution are welcome to secede and try a new Confederacy.

So, apparently you, and many others that replied, either a) didn't actually listen to the audio or b) don't use logic and reason when making decisions. We're not talking about giving up your "god given rights", whatever that actually is - we're talking about bringing our gun regulations in line with the rest of civilized world and trying to prevent further tragedies like what happened in CT. It seems there's many that need to get their heads out of the 20th century and realize that things are changing quickly.. part of me thinks (hopes) that 100 or so years from now, we'll look back upon this time and ask "how could we so easily allow all that senseless violence to just happen..."

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I find no fault in what they said. They thought you were acting like a baby, so they mocked you for acting like a baby. You, on the other hand, seem to think them saying "babby's feewings" is how they actually spell things. It's a nice straw man argument, but very transparent.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

How can I be against it?
Those who want a New Constitution are welcome to secede and try a new Confederacy.

That's really as plain and as simple as it gets right there.

Rights granted us by our Creator. Life doesn't get more basic for issues.

A gun is a right granted to you by your creator? I don't think fictional beings have anything to do with this argument - it's all about human rights - it's about our most basic right to live - continuing to not change anything is certain to take away that right from many people in the future.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Xen0m0rpH

What is out dated , our Constitution and Bill of Rights ? They were written with this kind of an assault in mind by subversive people who would try to spoil our way of life . The Founding fathers knew that other repressive people whom we have fled from would try to retake control of America . The UN is the power which is trying to disarm us and take over our country . The Gun situation is the first step and they will go to any lengths to disarm us . Thousands of Partial birth abortions , which is out right murder , does not get the UN 's attention .But now they want to stop gun violence ? No they really want us to be defenceless when they force Agenda 21 on us .You will not like it .

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by xEphon

no, just laughing at the silly humans who created a weapon meant to kill his creations.

the perfect means of controlling a population that has no natural enemy - find new, and interesting, ways to off each other with, or without, reason or provacation.

Weird.......my pistol has been sitting on my nightstand for 3 yrs and never killed anyone.............

The way you guys talk about guns , they should be walking around firing themselves , and rearranging peoples grey matter......

incidentally my hammer never hit a nail on its own either
edit on 18-12-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Guenter

You cant "bear" your F-16 on your "arm"......

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

How can I be against it?

That's really as plain and as simple as it gets right there.

Rights granted us by our Creator. Life doesn't get more basic for issues.

A gun is a right granted to you by your creator? I don't think fictional beings have anything to do with this argument - it's all about human rights - it's about our most basic right to live - continuing to not change anything is certain to take away that right from many people in the future.

I would like you to prove that he is fictional.

And no, it's a right that SELF EVIDENT, in that no one can take it away.
It's not about the gun itself, but the right to have one and do with it what you will as long it doesn't go against the law.

And since you think it's our most basic right to live, then what will you do when someone threatens that basic right? Will you call the police after they've put a bullet in your head?

And going down the road towards less rights and freedoms is not the way to go.
Sometimes what has already been established is best left alone.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
reply to post by Guenter

You cant "bear" your F-16 on your "arm"......

Aircraft didn't exist back then.
They're still a weapon.
'bear' does not mean 'bear it's weight' but be in possession of.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Paraphrasing: "And Jesus said to his disciple, 'go sell your cloak and buy a sword.'" Luke 22:36 (as I recall). The sword was the assault rifle of the day.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by Xen0m0rpH

What is out dated , our Constitution and Bill of Rights ? They were written with this kind of an assault in mind by subversive people who would try to spoil our way of life . The Founding fathers knew that other repressive people whom we have fled from would try to retake control of America . The UN is the power which is trying to disarm us and take over our country . The Gun situation is the first step and they will go to any lengths to disarm us . Thousands of Partial birth abortions , which is out right murder , does not get the UN 's attention .But now they want to stop gun violence ? No they really want us to be defenceless when they force Agenda 21 on us .You will not like it .

Sorry if my statement was not clear, I support our rights wherin the Bill of Rights. I was merely addressing the person who thinks the ideas within the Constitution and related documents are antiquated and non-relating, as if Plato and Astronomy are no longer relevant to our ways of life.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xen0m0rpH

Yeah, let's leave everything as-is - that seems to be working real well for us.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
For god sakes youtube American police brutality and put your son or daughter on the screen ,then take a deep breath and pull your head out of your arse.Thats your police force.

Then youtube the JFK murder and watch the secret Service STAND DOWN and desert the president --set him up for murder--then watch a SS agent jump from the back of the limo just before the bullets come flying in after he was odered to do so.That is your presidents protection.

Then youtube all the other evidence that implicates LBJ in this murder and the FBI as well,get educated the truth is available today but at any time the internet might be taken away and then we are back to the dark ages.

You better believe you need to protect yourself with guns and anything else you feel you might need.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by one4all

The JFK assassination or "coup d'etat" effectively gave us a defacto, illegitimate government; one controlled by a shadow government with a secret agenda. The people are the sheep and sheep are raised to get sheared.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

The internet is a wolf in sheeps clothing and will soon be eating wolf steak for dinner,ALL the sheep arent exactly as they seem.There is no going back,people need to start going on Crusades,millions going to the same place supporting each other.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic

Originally posted by Xen0m0rpH

Yeah, let's leave everything as-is - that seems to be working real well for us.

Did I say that we should leave everything the same?

No.

I do agree something needs to be done, but the 'sometimes' in this case is now and the 'left alone' part being anything regarding gun control.

What we need are better and more thorough enforcement of what we already have and should we need more than that, we should look at what ways we can identify dangers to others.

Just because Johnny stabbed Mary with his pencil doesn't mean that pencils should be less sharp.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
If you think gun control is at all the answer. I have one question. How is gun control helping to stop these China school attacks or how would it have stopped Andrew Kehoe?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join