It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cerberus Capital, Owner Of Gun Manufacturer Freedom Group, Will Sell Off All Assets In Firearms

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
I was reading en expose last year about George Soros that claimed he was behind the gun company purchases.

So it appears that elections aren't the only rigged thing in todays landscape.

If Freedom Group decides to pull out at a loss you could see the end of Remington (one of the nation's leading ammo and shotgun manufacturers), TAPCO (one of the nations leading maker of rifle accessories), Barnes (a strong up and comer in the personal defense and hunting ammo industry), and Marlin (one of the largest and most renowned rifle makers in the nation). Maybe people were right last year when they said Soros was thinking of destabilizing the gun market.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

As I said in a thread of mine, these gun bans are 100 percent going through. If Americans don't want that to happen they better get out in the street and protest. And be loud about it because its going to take actual work to stop this from happening. And this won't be a ban that gets overturned in four years (unless we get Johnson in). This is the ban that will have gun manufacturers complying. You may never be able to legally purchase them again.

I wonder if people aren't out in the street because they think "well obamas only in 4 years and then it will be over turned." That's what happened last time, yeah, so you expect it and aren't making a fuss. That won't happen again.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

For all those wondering if Obama would go after guns when his second term was insured, here you go.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

So they make a public announcement that they are going to sell?
So what then?
Do they want everybody to sell along with them and drive the price down so they can cover their short positions at a much lower price?
They are blowing in the wind.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by MikeNice81

For all those wondering if Obama would go after guns when his second term was insured, here you go.

I don't know any black Americans that want to get rid of guns.
And I know black Americans.
And they hold guns.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
When you consider that the people who invest through Cerberus are members of Congress, bankers and Corporate hot shots maybe they know something the rest of us don't?
Far too often these people have inside information of coming events that stand to make them a great deal of money. If they're bailing then gun sales will plummet for some reason.
People are buying like crazy now.
New assault weapons ban is coming........

Well you say members of congress invest through Cerberus? Well they wouldnt want that to come out next election time. Maybe thats all it is.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
Capital equity wise, firearms manufacturers are the tobacco companies of the 2010s.

Decreased defence spending, upcoming lawsuits against them and likely to be seeing laws that restrict what they can sell... only an idiot would be holding stock in a gun company these days.

Not a moral decision -- a rational investment one.

I think you're wrong, the debate alone will take years, and even when it's done any new laws will be window dressing.

In the meantime sales will continue to climb as people will want to be grandfathered in.

I purchased a pistol today for my wife and the gun shop was very busy. They were sold out of "black" rifles and ammunition was selling very well. This will go on for some time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join