99.9999999% of Assault Weapons are not on the "street". They are on private property!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
How many assault weapons did Obama & Holder put on the streets and into the hands of criminals due to Fast & Furious?
They have a lot of nerve demanding new gun laws.

You go Sparks! Break them balls!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by tekken55
reply to post by NavyDoc

I dont think we are the ones who are frightened. I dont own a gun or intend to. I sleep pretty comfortably at night, thanks. Dont need a gun to make me feel safe.

And we don't feel unsafe. I have a fire extinguisher in event of fire but I am not afraid of fire. Same sort of rational, logical decision.

Yea Doc, its a practical thing. Like keeping flashlights around in working order. That sort of thing. However what I just said is going to make it even harder for some to wrap their brain around our reasons.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

Originally posted by Logarock
This line keeps getting one liner super status on the TV and radio......that assault weapons have no place out on the "street". Street being one of those vague rhetorical catch alls that the mind benders use. A phrase taken from the slang of our culture and used to undermine the more serious philosophies that are the foundations for the 2nd amendment.

You will notice the news mechine likes to drag out voices with some qualifications like....former NRA member in good standing, war vets, former this and that, ect ect.....they use them for sound bites to support, by using these terms like "street", to mean "home" and suggest that not only do assult weapon owners not need these guns but that they are irresponsible for having them......ahhh out on the "street" (which means home in news speak) as well.

I say again.....99.9999999% of all assault weapons are in homes.

Yours.

On the street... in the home... didn't matter to the 20 little angels murdered did it?

I'm so sick of hearing this "guns killed 20 little angels" crap. Drop the angels stuff and drop the anti-gun stuff, honestly

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
We have to ban assault weapons so that the ATF has enough to "fast and furious" to the Mexican drug cartels , so that more blood money can be laundered in the big banks.

Subscribe: When checked, this topic will be added to your list of subscribed threads.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thov420

As such, typing and conversing in this way, reaches the smallest percentile. So shouting and name calling as a "reserve", as a "beating of my drum" and "call to arms", to any of which that wish to argue.

If you're remotely centered, congratulations, there's hope for our nation. Do you see the sea of fire-breathing enemies around you, demanding that liberty crawl into a dark hole and cower?

I do, and it makes use my potty mouth.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE
We have to ban assault weapons so that the ATF has enough to "fast and furious" to the Mexican drug cartels , so that more blood money can be laundered in the big banks.

Humble! I missed it!! All this time...All of this deliberation...I wonder where the conspiracy lies...You're right! Such a funny thought, "Oh, give us your guns, so we make a run for the border with them"! Disarm ther US, heavily arm the Mexican drug cartel and everythign will be OKAY!

Subscribe: When checked, this topic will be added to your list of subscribed threads.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Eldensword

I get what you're saying but when I have anything to say I try to reach the largest percentile. Not that I disagree with a lot of what you're saying, I even starred a few posts, but resorting to name calling just brings your argument down. And speaking to the lowest common denominator is always going to bring out extremists on both sides.

I do see the enemies of liberty breathing down our necks to try and limit our guns and when I heard Obama give the statement that he was giving the gun regulations to Biden it made me sick to my stomach. Not because I know anything about Biden's anti-gun stance but because the administration is cooperatively trying to take our rights away without Obama being the man to blame. At the same time, the enemies of liberty are ever vigilant and will wait as long as they have to to get their agenda across. The American people need to take a more active stance in their governance or things will just get worse.

Personally I take offense when one group of people are being blamed for problems when both sides work together to reduce our rights. Lefties or the young generation, which really pisses me off because none of my generation makes the laws in this country, are only a small piece of the puzzle.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Semi-automatic rifles like the Ar-15 are exactly the type of rifle intended by the second amendment.

LOL. You realize that in order for this statement to be true, you would have to argue that the First Congress of the United States could quite literally perform magic and see into the future, given that it would not be invented for almost another 200 years....right?

There is no such thing as an "offensive" vs "defensive" weapon. The purpose is determined by the user.

Great. Then you are totally cool with every man, woman, and child being issued their very own suitcase nuke, right? What could possibly go wrong?
edit on 20-12-2012 by milominderbinder because: formatting

The brown bess was the assault rifle at the time. It was used only for military as it was more rapid firing than the rifled muskets used for hunting. The FF saw the evolution of firearms from rocks to bows to matchlocks to flint and steel muskets and repeaters were being developed so yes, it is obvious that they knew something more advanced would come along. What you are saying is just as silly as "the FF could not imagine TV or radio or computers or electric typewriters so the first amendment applies only to quill and ink."

You reducto ad absurdum aside, the second amendment, as codified in the militia act of 1791 and title 10, endorses citizens arming themselves with the weapons and kit of a typical infantry soldier. Please point out "suitcase nuke" of the T&E of an infantry soldier.

yes....but the Militia Act of 1791 IS NOT part of the Constitution and is therefore subject to change, revision, or repeal just like any other BS bill that is passed by the United States Congress.

So...what's you're point?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eldensword

Originally posted by Pilgrum
The Australian experience:
'Home Defense' is not a valid reason and any mention of such intended use is likely to see you struck off the list of eligible owners permanently. All weapons you can now legally own and associated ammo need to be stored in approved secure lockers within the home and those storage provisions are subject to random inspections (if any of your legal weapons are found unsecured you lose your permit and all weapons are confiscated) .

What a joke. And home inspections? You subjugated boot lickers. And you have to watch what you say?

Home inspections are absolutely essential for those who own such weaponry. Lanza's mother was living with a kid she KNEW was mentally ill...HOW THE HELL DID HE HAVE ACCESS to the guns?

By the way....I hate to break it to you....but you are also a subjugated boot licker. You have guns now...right? THEN WHY ARE YOU STILL A SLAVE???

Nope - Home inspections are NOT essential for hardware, they're essential for "Retard Inspection" only. May guns rain from the skies for eternity on this piece of garbage, rock until it is completely free of humans - Weapons have been and always will be an absolute, unresolvable fact in your meaningless, scared, Libtard life. As far as your "slave" comment...Amazing, still, you think that 250 million guns owners are a "problem". We're more a SOLUTION than your weak little mind can obviously comprehend.

*Addendum to my "Completely free of humans" remark - I'm not advocating for killings and death, whatsoever. I'm saying, fire burns, rocks are solid, skulls are soft and people will always, always, always be filled with hate, murder and revenge. So, disarming the good, law-abiding citizens and criminalizing them is the single, stupidest ambition since the Holocaust - Lambs to the slaughter and ALL of that. So, again - May guns be "behind every blade of grass" for as many reasons as we have psychos and enemies that resent us.

Try to focus your ill-thought-out "daddy issues" on another subject, like psychotropic drug use and psychiatric malpractice. Stop demonizing gun owners, period.

edit on 20-12-2012 by Eldensword because: Addendum to my message, added

LOL. Whatever...I'm a gun owner myself. I'm just not delusional in thinking that they "keep us free". You are every bit the slave as any other American. Whether you have no guns, 1 gun, or 10,000 guns you are helpless against a tyrannical government because using one in a fashion which frees you earns you a cell right next Bradley Manning.

Quit fooling yourself. It's just a false sense of security.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thov420
reply to post by Eldensword

I get what you're saying but when I have anything to say I try to reach the largest percentile. Not that I disagree with a lot of what you're saying, I even starred a few posts, but resorting to name calling just brings your argument down. And speaking to the lowest common denominator is always going to bring out extremists on both sides.

I do see the enemies of liberty breathing down our necks to try and limit our guns and when I heard Obama give the statement that he was giving the gun regulations to Biden it made me sick to my stomach. Not because I know anything about Biden's anti-gun stance but because the administration is cooperatively trying to take our rights away without Obama being the man to blame. At the same time, the enemies of liberty are ever vigilant and will wait as long as they have to to get their agenda across. The American people need to take a more active stance in their governance or things will just get worse.

Personally I take offense when one group of people are being blamed for problems when both sides work together to reduce our rights. Lefties or the young generation, which really pisses me off because none of my generation makes the laws in this country, are only a small piece of the puzzle.

The enemies of liberty WANT YOU TO HAVE GUNS. Lots of them. So many of them that it's impossible to keep track of them all so they are all but guaranteed to wind up in some lunatics hands from time to time.

That way you can stay perpetually in fear of your neighbor and applaud calls to put soldiers in our schools and educate our children under martial law.

I bet all of those kids won't even think twice about a Big Government goon standing over their shoulder with a rifle at the ready when they grow up, given that the NRA proposes we raise them to accept such things, huh?

Wake Up.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

How many assault weapons did Obama & Holder put on the streets and into the hands of criminals due to Fast & Furious?

they (obama and holder), put no weapons on the streets....proof or it's a lie....i'm just tired of people talking out of their hind quarters. and don't get me wrong, i am a 100% firm believer in the 2nd amendment. george washington, thomas jefferson, james madison, would have all been members of the NRA. if you think that the president or the attorney general, know what hundreds of thousands of individual federal employees are doing at any given time, or the small federal government fiefdoms located all across this country, you need to work in government.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

'Home Defense' is not a valid reason and any mention of such intended use is likely to see you struck off the list of eligible owners permanently. All weapons you can now legally own and associated ammo need to be stored in approved secure lockers within the home and those storage provisions are subject to random inspections (if any of your legal weapons are found unsecured you lose your permit and all weapons are confiscated) .

What a joke. And home inspections? You subjugated boot lickers. And you have to watch what you say?

Home inspections are absolutely essential for those who own such weaponry. Lanza's mother was living with a kid she KNEW was mentally ill...HOW THE HELL DID HE HAVE ACCESS to the guns?

By the way....I hate to break it to you....but you are also a subjugated boot licker. You have guns now...right? THEN WHY ARE YOU STILL A SLAVE???

So in addition to hating the second amendment, you dislike the 4th as well?

I love the Second Amendment. I own 7 guns myself.

I'm just not delusional in thinking that they "keep me free" and I correctly stated that the US Constitution does not necessarily guarantee a specific CLASS of arms to it's citizens.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Home inspections of this sort are also against our consitution. You have to let the gov into the house and let them look around, make sure your a good little gun owner?

Unreasonable search and seizure is prohibited by the Constitution. I would assert that it's perfectly reasonable to check in and make sure that Mrs. Lanza actually locks her assault weapons up..or at the very least has the MEANS to do so, given that she knowingly lives with a person with a long history of mental illness.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

The enemies of liberty WANT YOU TO HAVE GUNS. Lots of them. So many of them that it's impossible to keep track of them all so they are all but guaranteed to wind up in some lunatics hands from time to time.

That way you can stay perpetually in fear of your neighbor and applaud calls to put soldiers in our schools and educate our children under martial law.

I bet all of those kids won't even think twice about a Big Government goon standing over their shoulder with a rifle at the ready when they grow up, given that the NRA proposes we raise them to accept such things, huh?

Wake Up.

Honestly I really think it's up to the states to decide, not the federal government. If the states want armed guards in every school then the feds can piss off. After all the federal government is just an amalgamation of the states after all.
edit on 12/24/12 by thov420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I'm just not delusional in thinking that they "keep me free" and I correctly stated that the US Constitution does not necessarily guarantee a specific CLASS of arms to it's citizens.

Yes it does, the militia act of 1792, written by Madison (the writer of the second amendment), tells us that the goal was to have every citizen armed and equipped as the average infantry soldier. In fact, the NFA act of 1934 was upheld because the banned guns (short barrelled shotguns and full auto machineguns) were determined by the court not to be part of the average soldier's kit and thus were not covered as militia weapons.

It is not delusional thinking...why do you think TPTB want to ban them so badly. Having spend, all told, a few years in Afghanistan and Iraq, I can assure you that determined people with rifles can and do throughout history make an impact.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Wake Up.

Honestly I really think it's up to the states to decide, not the federal government. If the states want armed guards in every school then the feds can piss off. After all the federal government is just an amalgamation of the states after all.
edit on 12/24/12 by thov420 because: (no reason given)

I'll go with States Rights on the issue of armed guards in schools. Let Alabama do whatever the hell they want to.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Yes it does, the militia act of 1792, written by Madison (the writer of the second amendment), tells us that the goal was to have every citizen armed and equipped as the average infantry soldier. In fact, the NFA act of 1934 was upheld because the banned guns (short barrelled shotguns and full auto machineguns) were determined by the court not to be part of the average soldier's kit and thus were not covered as militia weapons.

Again...the Militia Act of 1792 was simply a legislative act...not a constitutional amendment. Congress can change what it permits anytime they feel like without an amendment OR infringing upon your misunderstandings of your rights.

It is not delusional thinking...why do you think TPTB want to ban them so badly.

They DON'T want them banned so badly. You know how I can tell? Because THEY AREN'T BANNED!! They have a lobbying group DEDICATED to convincing you that there is some sort of epic struggle here. Contrary to popular myth...giving the peasants lots and lots of guns is more frequently used to divide and conquer than to "win freedoms".

Having spend, all told, a few years in Afghanistan and Iraq, I can assure you that determined people with rifles can and do throughout history make an impact.

Really? Then why the hell don't you guys turn the aircraft carrier around and do something about Langley, VA already? Why do you continue to allow them to to start all these BS wars for no reason based upon faulty intel? At the very least they are incompetent...correct?

Oh yeah...because the slaves are the ones WITH THE GUNS and the slave owners are the ones with the cable news channels.

My bad.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Home inspections of this sort are also against our consitution. You have to let the gov into the house and let them look around, make sure your a good little gun owner?

Unreasonable search and seizure is prohibited by the Constitution. I would assert that it's perfectly reasonable to check in and make sure that Mrs. Lanza actually locks her assault weapons up..or at the very least has the MEANS to do so, given that she knowingly lives with a person with a long history of mental illness.

Yea thats in a criminal framework. You can call it unreasonable when the reason for the search is protected under the 2nd of the consitution! To allow this would in fact criminalize what is protected by the constitution!

Ownership with the condition that owners meet weapons storage rules and are subject to search of thier home is a total abortion of the constitution.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

they (obama and holder), put no weapons on the streets....proof or it's a lie....i'm just tired of people talking out of their hind quarters. and don't get me wrong, i am a 100% firm believer in the 2nd amendment. george washington, thomas jefferson, james madison, would have all been members of the NRA. if you think that the president or the attorney general, know what hundreds of thousands of individual federal employees are doing at any given time, or the small federal government fiefdoms located all across this country, you need to work in government.

Did you here 'the guy" liken the NRA to the Nazis?
I mean there are some total histoical boobs out there bouncing around.
edit on 17-1-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Plus the legally owned guns are private property also. Under Communism (which we are "progressively" morphing into) there is no Private Property (unless the state says so). See the Communist Manifesto. Hmmm, that means there will be no private guns under Communism. Big conflict with the Second Amendment there.

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join