It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible meaning for "3 days of darkness"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This is just my own thinking here, so there won't be any facts or links or things like that. So those who can't read posts without those, are advised to stop reading this post and go do something else.

I don't know where the "three days of darkness" comes from, nor have I researched it at all.

But it occurred to me that solstices always take about three days to start turning around. I mean, during the winter solstice, there will be three days of equal darkness (the darkest time of the year), before the days will start having more (and brighter) light.

Same goes in reverse for the summer solstice - there are three days of 'brightness'. There are three days of equal brightness (the brightest time of the year), before the days will start having less (and dimmer) light.

This is of course a relative thing, because those who live in or near enough to the equator, don't really get the dark and light times of the year - for them, the light it's probably always equally bright, and equally long, every day.

So perhaps that was just someone's way of pinpointing the exact TIMEFRAME when the galactic alignment happens. "Oh, it happens when there's three days of darkness". That doesn't mean that they daytime is any darker than usually this time of year, but it means that it is the DARKEST time of the year, so the light will be most dim, there will be the least amount of it, and it will last for three days.

That's just a thought that occurred to me, and without more information, at this point, I am thinking that this could be plausible. Of course, if I knew more about where that idea came from, who said it, or where it was originally written or said, and what other things might have been said with it, I could confirm my theory's likelihood one way or another.
edit on 18-12-2012 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Could the three days of darkness be the spirit of mourning that seemingly has encompassed the world for the victims in CT?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Or a reference to power outages, or overcast weather, or dust in the air from forest fires, or...

Any of that, I think, could be taken in so many different ways that all we can do is look back and see things that fit the pattern.

Oh! Turns out the three days of darkness happened 7 years ago, and the world already ended. My bad.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrikeyMagnet

Oh! Turns out the three days of darkness happened 7 years ago, and the world already ended. My bad.

Damn, I missed that! Where was I!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The three days of darkness will be all the doom-mongers and other whack jobs lying under their duvets (alone) crying because the aliums didn't come and take them to sexy alien paradise.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoujikina

Sorry dude your theory falls apart when you consider that the solsitices are about day lenght and not the brightness of the sun. Jun22 is the longest day in daylight hours. Meaning the hours between sunrise and sunset. Dec22 which is really the solstice is the shortest day in terms of daylight hours.The hours between sunrise and sunset.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I am saddened but this is still a case of it happened to someone else not me and so the effect on my life will be minimal. Please dont think I am cold. I am not. But tomorrow I go on with my life and I cannot let what happens in the world stop me from living my life. I have to be able to get up again and do this all over again tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I suggest you read my thread:

Three Days of Darkness 2012

I introduce where the prophecy came from and it is followed up with 17 pages of additional theories from ATS members.

new topics

top topics

join