It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God want our guns ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Just wanted to make a lil thread that tells everyone about my tears again. Tears for everyone who lost their life in Newtown at Sandy Hook last Friday. Yes I said everyone even Adam even his mom. It's a heart breaker all the way around.

One other `thing I'd like to add /ask ?

What do you think will happen if one more shooting occurs ?

I've also been against gun control. Recently I've considered the Bible and I want to hear what ATS thinks. The Bible says," he who lives by the sword shall die by the sword "! Is this possibly a judgement ?

Retitled
edit on 18-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I would rather live and die by the sword, than live and die as a victim.

The world is not now, nor has it ever been a safe place.
I don't see that changing any time soon.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

" he who lives by the sword shall die by the sword "

We all die in the end and I would rather be defending myself when the day comes then waiting to be slaughtered.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

you might want to check out my post
www.abovetopsecret.com...

if you looks at the numbers far fewer people are murdered by firearms than by "Other" means.
given statistical data the answer to your question is a resounding "NO"

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I think there are at least two ways of looking at that OP, and I'm not sarcastic here in the least.

On one hand, you could look at that as saying all who own things that can kill (Guns...swords...whatever the item in symbolism) deserve or are doomed to die by it.

Or...

You could look at it as saying those who choose to use their tools, like swords were when those words were put to paper, to commit evil, will then die by the very thing they spread that evil with.

You could say, without stretching things at all then, that the person helping to see that done is doing God's work...not against Him.

Were it not for people intervening to stop it, or being capable of it, far more evil may well spread.

It's certainly an issue with more than one perspective.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorMayhem

I can only say I do like the answers thus far.
It sure does hurt to hear of these little funerals. I can hardly bare it.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by MajorMayhem

I can only say I do like the answers thus far.
It sure does hurt to hear of these little funerals. I can hardly bare it.

The death of any child is also the loss of hope, who can say what these young lives might have achieved if given the chance. enough to make all good man and women weep.

but it's also a reminder that all good men and women have to take a stand. Our children are our future
The government will not protect our future so we most do it ourselves.

All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

If anything god would be angry at the people who saw this coming and did nothing to stop it

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
My interpretation of the verse "He who lives by the sword, shall die by the sword" has always been "those that live by violence and aggression, shall die by violence and aggression"...

I understand that swords, bows and spears were the weapons of the day back then, but I always considered "the sword" to be a metaphor for violence and aggression.

Just my opinion...

and no, I don't think God wants our guns. I think God would prefer we grow up and stop being violent and aggressive.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
11 years ago i was in cadets and got to fire a gun, i was ok with peope around me holding weapons but i wouldn't like that scene in a civilian location, i haven't seen a gun in 11 years and thats a good thing.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I think he just wants our praise and for us to be selfless/put others first.

Don't know if you have seen this but it might interest you: (It talks about harbingers)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

Man o man how interesting is that ? No I had not seen that video and I've seen most. Thank you so much for posting it.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I thought you might like that. lol

It gets better as it goes along; the correlations he makes are amazing.

list of the videos

new topics

top topics

join