It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14
Meh it seems that I have to have a FB account.

Sorry no Facebook account....Ever.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Thing is, Facebook can give you e-mail notifications, so that way, you can stay off it, check any updates while checking your e-mail, and THEN if something important is posted (and you see the email for it), you can THEN get involved. This way, you don't get stuck looking at stupid pics or other nonsense that so many people post, but you won't miss things like the birth of a friend's baby, an accident in the family, etc.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Facebook is Facebook, its like ATS only more crazy and with... well more faces, the only thing more crazier then Facebook and such sites on the internet is...well real life, in fact many people look to escape real life by doing and going to such things as Facebook or ATS. If you look for Facebook to bring more then it can deliver then you would be mistaken, or who knows? More likely who cares. In all its a site on the inter-webs like any other site. And yes I have a Facebook thing, I even have a picture or two of my face on Facebook. I was planing of putting up more pictures, some even of my cats...But I'm to lazy to catch the buggers...Oh well.

Or maybe you can explain better what Facebook is.

Yes I can...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 4DuecesWild

That was one of my favorite movies. I especially liked the way he kept pursuing her even though she kept making it "clear" that she didn't want him. He had a confidence about him that could see through that. He also saw that SHE needed to make her real intentions clear to HIM in person. He showed her time and again that he was a real man, and he kept gently pushing her with love to get her out of her societal shell, be a real woman and do what SHE needed to do in order to make it all work.

For people who say electronic venues such as Facebook is not the way to go in face to face relationships. Why is it you compare everything you think you know about love or what a real man is based on a silly fallacious movie? Srry but Titanic sucked...There I said it.

I watched that movie when it came out only because I thought it would at the very least be sort of entertaining, that and I went with my family and a group of people and did not have to pay for the ticket. And let me tell you, I only walked out of a movie theater once while watching a movie. I think it was a Nicolas Cage movie, then I had to walk like 30 miles back home as I came there with a friends car. But it was better then sitting there watching the rest of the dam thing. Half way through the Titanic movie I could barely stand it, I was itching in my seat, it just plain was meh, they even ripped of the main song in that movie from a Final Fantasy video game same tune and everything. It was just entertaining enough that it did not completely suck, but I would not be watching it again, especially since its so dam long.

Only thing worse then people who think titanic is some sort of grand love thing. Is people who think that romeo and Juliet is some grand love thing. And no its not, Romeo was a spoiled rich kid who moped around a lot on his parents dime, and Juliet was an air head from a wealthy family whos main preoccupation in life seemed to be twirling her hair at parties. If it were to be wrote and made in today's age and times, the equivalent of it would be The Kardashians, or even Jersey Shore right down to them fighting over some bimbo at the local club, or lets look and see who's Kim Kardashian new lover this month?

In real life however Romeo would of gotten back with Rosaline after he got tired of putting up with Juliet #. And Juliet would of married some old rich guy. I mean really do you all think some 13 year old girl or a 15 yr old boy or however old Romeo was are really going to kill each-other over a booty call? Because ultimately that is what there whole love thing would of ended as if they were not high brow idiot kids in the throngs of puberty. In fact if the story did not end as tragically as it did, I would say give them about 3 more years together and the whole grand love thing would of flown out the window when the reality hit them that they may have to spend more then a few scenes together.

Romeo and Juliet is a tale of two horny kids coming together and taking themselves and the whole thing a bit to serious, even to the point were one of them kills themselves...Pretty much like the tale of every other 13 yr old out there when puberty hits them and they think there in love start moping around and throwing tantrums and saying that they cant live without so and so, and yet a year or so later that is over and done with like it never existed.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I have a face book account because it keeps me in touch with my buddies from my navy squadron. Its no big thang. We just shuck and jive and such.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hey ATSers
FB at it again.

techcrunch.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Azarien

Hey ATSers
FB at it again
Maybe they want to justify they have sold info to some agencies about some FB members,by giving acces to those agencies to those accounts,for the war against terrorism,although this didn't stop the terrorist to attack(see the Boston attacks).

This way they try to avoid a scandal which can erupt any moment about the privacy of FB as a social club.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Stupidbook is more like it. I don't have one and no one that I know of that is successful in life has one. If you have one that might indicate that you should seek success or that you are happy where you are.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Pimpintology
Stupidbook is more like it. I don't have one and no one that I know of that is successful in life has one. If you have one that might indicate that you should seek success or that you are happy where you are.
I still do not have one,and never will,but I have feeling they try to force my hand to make a facebook account.

Nope,no chance.

I wonder why inteligence it is so dead on planet Earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join