It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
"If it is to define "Facebook" then facebook is the book where you put your face...for others to see and to be seen like a Face in a Book"

meish.org...

I am not against it but in the same time I cannot ask for love from a book with a face on it ,I'd better ask love from 'face" that I can see and touch ,with a heart that can give love..and after that I could write a book.

dplreadingraves.blogspot.ro...

If I would have a book I wouldn't put my "face" on it.I'd better put words in a book for others to read.

This friend of mine whenever he access Internet the first place to go is Facebook.

They say that Facebook is the most used way to comunicate.

But I believe that We all want Love and to be Loved and we try to find the easyest way to get what we want.

Facebook

yasaminsamiei.wordpress.com...

I don't have a facebook account and probably I never will,because I don't know what it will be useful for.

Maybe to get people closer to each other ...but the question is closer to what!Closer to their desires,closer to their emotions closer...to those that can share the same feelings?

but

Did we show what we really feel?Did we show what we really desire?Did we show wishes?wished?

Or we just present the other side that we have the front part of our mind the first room that we show to others when others show us the same first room of their mind.

So it is like going to a market with many buyers and we want to buy but in the same time unconsciously we want to sell something but in the end we didn't buy and we didn't sell anything.

Maybe we want to buy and to sell emotions and love and all the other feelings that others around us didn't want to trade with us.

kathycondon.info...

In the same time we must not forget that feelings are not for trade...or maybe they are.

When we enter in this book called Facebook it is like we prepare before by putting makeup on our face and we to try to look more beautiful and intense than in reality.

www.beautyjoint.com...

Then if we sell or buy feelings in and from a book that means that in way we forgot how to love....to desire....to care...To Be!

We all want to be important and for this we want to have our own book in book called...Facebook.

just like an obsession

We want our lives to be written in the book of love and in the book of life and for this we have chosen "face in a book".

We want to be it like journey that of Marco Polo but actually isn't it.

If I look in a book I look with my eyes therefore with my face and not in a book called facebook on a computer screen that can only reflect my face and therefore reflect my emotions sending them back to me like a mirror and not to others that I want to receive them.

It's just like looking in a mirror trying to see another you when "you" have no reflection of yourself.

Then that means the we are looking in billions of mirrors of the same image.

Or maybe what we can see in that mirror is just a shadow of our own personality that is reflecting in the words that we write for others to see on a "face in book".

In fact we try to look "In the Mirror of Love" without seeing the mirror of life.

I cannot write words without feel it I cannot see faces without see them,I can't be without being it.

Or maybe you can explain better what Facebook is.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hmm...interesting post, but I think you are missing a few things.

First of all, Facebook, although at times rather sophomoric and kind of lame, is also a useful thing to keep people who are separated by wide geographical distances to keep in touch with each other. It is also useful in finding people from your past whom you would have otherwise lost track of long ago.

Just like ATS, I get some breaking news right away on the newsfeed, from alternative sources.

You have to take it with a grain of salt. Used properly, it is a handy online site for keeping in touch with people and learning things. Some people on it paint themselves a certain way, to be sure. Those people are patently obvious, and a little sad.

I read books, and I read Facebook. I'm neither an ardent defender of FB, nor a detractor. It's simply a tool. How you use it is up to you.
edit on 18-12-2012 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Oh My.....that might have been too deep for me to fully grasp.....

For me FB is about staying in touch with people I know in real life for the most part. Once in awhile I will make a new friend on someplace like ATS, and the extension of the friendship goes to another level I guess when you share more personal information about each other, with pics, etc....lol....I have 2 friends from ATS on FB, and one I know in real life.

Love, illusions, desires.......can't really navigate through those things as well in "cyber-land" as you can Face to Face.....

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

First of all, Facebook, although at times rather sophomoric and kind of lame, is also a useful thing to keep people who are separated by wide geographical distances to keep in touch with each other. It is also useful in finding people from your past whom you would have otherwise lost track of long ago.
You are right from a certain point of view but I believe that we cannot replace the real world although facebook is a world within a world a world builded on images and words without a reflection in reality although we think it is,because what we might find in reality might not converge to what we see on...facebook ...we can call it a distorted reality.. .I guess.

Oh,but that it's just my opinion.

Thank you FissionSurplus for your answer.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

For me FB is about staying in touch with people I know in real life for the most part
That is very interesting ,(FB) to be used just as a way to comunicate with others by staying in touch,but I thought that facebook is about showing your face in a book.

And indeed it is more than small talk but in the same time comprehensive reality of facebook cannot cover all the aspects that was designed for ,therefore it hasn't that magic touch that we might believe it has....like in the real life(world) or so I guess.

Thank you MountainLaurel for your answer.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

LOL...your funny......yes, I guess you are a face in a book there...and that's kinda a cool thing if your writing that book with special people in your life, especially those that don't live near you......

The pics of kids and pets, funny stories, political rants, shared experiences, lol, and anything else the "characters" of my life have blessed me with, is a book I enjoy reading....

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

The pics of kids and pets, funny stories, political rants, shared experiences, lol, and anything else the "characters" of my life have blessed me with, is a book I enjoy reading.
Oh I am glad you enjoy them ...for a better understanding of life and facts of life although I guess the main important thing is not to abuse this book of a face, as I saw different people doing this in the past.

The characters in this book are not fictive, therefore you can interact with them and that it is a good thing ,I guess, but in the same time the net of the internet can be very elusive some times when behind the faces of this book can hide a different reality that I have spoken of earlier.

Thank you for explaining to me what can be facebook from a positive point of view.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

No Doubt...I hear what your saying......FB , like anything else, either brings people together or tears them apart, it's complicated...lol....I sure don't have the answers, met the Love of my Life on 9-11 in person, we had become friends on what I think was AOL at the time, 3 mns before meeting. The whole thing is sooo weird, he called me on the way to work and told me what was happening in NY, it was really creepy because I noticed how light the traffic was in a busy part of the Bay Area.

We had a date planned for that night to meet in person, but obviously in light of this whole tragedy we weren't in the mood to go on a date, the whole day was so surreal, getting to the office for a monthly meeting 150 miles from my home, driving home on almost abandoned freeways, it was so creepy......he called me and we decided to just meet as planned , only eat in at my house, watch the nightmare that unfolded together.

It was a very profound and powerful change in EVERYTHING...that day, not only for the World, but I fell in Love that day....♥

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

No Doubt...I hear what your saying......FB , like anything else, either brings people together or tears them apart, it's complicated...lol....I sure don't have the answers, met the Love of my Life on 9-11 in person, we had become friends on what I think was AOL at the time, 3 mns before meeting. The whole thing is sooo weird, he called me on the way to work and told me what was happening in NY, it was really creepy because I noticed how light the traffic was in a busy part of the Bay Area.

We had a date planned for that night to meet in person, but obviously in light of this whole tragedy we weren't in the mood to go on a date, the whole day was so surreal, getting to the office for a monthly meeting 150 miles from my home, driving home on almost abandoned freeways, it was so creepy......he called me and we decided to just meet as planned , only eat in at my house, watch the nightmare that unfolded together.

It was a very profound and powerful change in EVERYTHING...that day, not only for the World, but I fell in Love that day....♥

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

It was a very profound and powerful change in EVERYTHING...that day, not only for the World, but I fell in Love that day
I am glad that you have shared your story MountainLaurel ,some things are happening for different reasons .

Indeed that day changed the world for many people on Earth from many points of view.

Many have found, or rather they found each other that day but in the same time many have lost for many to be found.

I've heard many stories about what happened that day and many of them are written in books for those who are coming to know about Love born from suffering.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts in this thread.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Facebook is too public. Don't like it. I only have an account so people, one in particular, can see what my interests are. In that way, it's useful as an icebreaker. But eventually people have to meet face to face to say if things are moving forward or not. Facebook is like one big innuendo, and innuendo's are only useful to a point. Problem is, too may people of the generations who grew up with the internet don't see it as an innuendo.

If I were to start and maintain a connection online and tried to grow that connection both online and off only to re-buffed and then led on with communications and innuendo's through other people, it would be up to that other person to make the move to end all other moves. Either as a stopping point or a moving forward point. In person. Come see me in person is what I would say to them because I did everything else to get it to this point. It is not unladylike to initiate a conversation, especially when the man will do all the talking anyway. It IS unladylike not to verbally communicate your intentions in person.

This is why I don't like Facebook. Too impersonal. It should be used for business purposes only. Discretion is the better part of valor and I'm the most discreet person you'll ever meet. In person. You're just beginning to learn that and you'll learn more in the future. I'm the best teacher there is. I've had no complaints yet from people you'll never know. I only say a lot in order to get something to the next level. When there, no one else will know about it simply by how I set everything up. I know what I'm doing. It's just like work. I can say whatever I want to people, then I show them how I work and they realize that for all my talking, they still don't know me that well, they don't know what's coming next and they don't know how I do what I do.

Two people can have a relationship in person without anyone else knowing about it. I'm a master at that. But you can't do that online because you can't control who reads you or not. In person, I can very well dictate who see's me or not. I'm anti-social by nature anyway, an Aspie here, so it's as easy as breathing.

I trust I've made my point perfectly clear SB. I know I've done it real life and this is the last word on this subject. Online.

Good topic OP. And timely as well.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 4DuecesWild

Facebook is too public. Don't like it. I only have an account so people, one in particular, can see what my interests are. In that way, it's useful as an icebreaker. But eventually people have to meet face to face to say if things are moving forward or not. Facebook is like one big innuendo, and innuendo's are only useful to a point.
For me ,although I am young I wish I'd be on Titanic in his good days and there for sure in that athmosphere you can find some romance and an air full of the perfume of that something that today is missing.

Facebook cannot bring romance an also can not provide any real feelings

Electronic love is for electronics....whatever that means.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14

Facebook is too public. Don't like it. I only have an account so people, one in particular, can see what my interests are. In that way, it's useful as an icebreaker. But eventually people have to meet face to face to say if things are moving forward or not. Facebook is like one big innuendo, and innuendo's are only useful to a point.
For me ,although I am young I wish I'd be on Titanic in his good days and there for sure in that athmosphere you can find some romance and an air full of the perfume of that something that today is missing.

I agree.
I kinda wish facebook would collapse and maybe even cellular phones too...
People are way too washed up over electronics now in days. I wish I could have lived back in the 1920's or something. Back when (like you wrote) you can find true romance somewhere, somewhere in person in a love at first sight type of way.

I have noticed, sometimes at house parties or bars or whatever.... a group of friends together, yet nobody is speaking to one another. Rather everyone is retna deep in thier cell phones texting someone. Strange!!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I don't even have a face pic on my fb... think at the moment I have a nasa pic. Yeah, I get you though, it is superfiscial and heaps of people glam it all up. I am just too lazy to bother with that....na, I have been the accessory before so now I am really dowdy and scruffy so a person will like me for me and not my lack of boobs or anything physical. lol

fb is really fake though... I feel a bit nauseated when I read some people's posts ...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

fb is really fake though... I feel a bit nauseated when I read some people's posts
Oh I am sorry you are so upset about this matter,Because I don't have a FB account I never read any post of that kind and genre,,in the same time I am not against facebook as an entity ,just trying to understand better the true nature of this organization.

I guess it is some kind of a social market like a tool to control or to be controled by ..who knows who.

Thank you Thurisaz for your answer.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

I have noticed, sometimes at house parties or bars or whatever.... a group of friends together, yet nobody is speaking to one another. Rather everyone is retna deep in thier cell phones texting someone. Strange!!
That has become a way of life and can be seen everywhere ...or what life can mean these days.

Because cell phones have no natural light I guess that therefore the wish of day light has became not so necessary these days.

So because cell phones are hard to be read on screen during daylight the meaning for the Sun will be that his light is not needed.

Thank you resoe26 for your answer.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14
For me ,although I am young I wish I'd be on Titanic in his good days and there for sure in that atmosphere you can find some romance and an air full of the perfume of that something that today is missing.

I agree.

That was one of my favorite movies. I especially liked the way he kept pursuing her even though she kept making it "clear" that she didn't want him. He had a confidence about him that could see through that. He also saw that SHE needed to make her real intentions clear to HIM in person. He showed her time and again that he was a real man, and he kept gently pushing her with love to get her out of her societal shell, be a real woman and do what SHE needed to do in order to make it all work. Even back then it was known that it takes 2 to make something work. And you're right Pi, romance is needed very much. It's a beautiful thing.

Facebook, or any other form of electronic "social" interaction doesn't give people that. It's time people got offline and started talking to others face to face. Discreetly. In this society you have to.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

And you're right Pi, romance is needed very much. It's a beautiful thing.
Indeed Life without romance is like flowers without pollen,or like a bird without wind,better said without consistency like an empty soul thirsty to drink from the waters of love.

Facebook, or any other form of electronic "social" interaction doesn't give people that. It's time people got offline and started talking to others face to face. Discreetly. In this society you have to.
You are right but in the same this is their choice how they want and need to interact without other people I mean with others of a kind ,feelings are to feel ,computers cannot bring that something that real life can give.

Thank you 4DuecesWild for your comment in this thread.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

is also a useful thing to keep people who are separated by wide geographical distances to keep in touch with each other. It is also useful in finding people from your past whom you would have otherwise lost track of long ago

Those are the exact two things I use facebook for. I love being able to instantly share photos with family and friends all over the place. Likewise, I love seeing how the lives of my high school classmates and old friends have turned out.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Meh it seems that I have to have a FB account.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join