It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Ramesses III Conspiracy Comes to a Close

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
edition.cnn.com...

After years of speculation a recent study conducted appears to have finally closed the book on the conspiracy that killed King Ramesses III over 3,000 years ago.

Some of the popular conspiracies have been that the venom from a snake or poison caused the death, however, this recent study utilizing scans has revealed that, "His throat, neck, and arteries were brutally slashed, causing an immediate death." The possibility that these cuts occurred after death are being ruled out.

Probably not to surprising, "Researchers say he died at the hands of a killer in a plot planned by one of his wives and a son who wanted to succeed him." Apparently a trial that took place around that time found one of the sons guilty, which led the son to commite suicide. Researchers also believe they have found the body of this son who was buried unritually.

This death, like most of the ones that occurred in Ancient Egypt, has always been of interest to me. It appears from these studies that the conspiracy has finally come to a close. Thoughts anyone?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
interesting news

thanks for posting !

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Yeah this a great story !!

Do you think the unritually buried son,presumably unamed,would be the original eternally undead 'mummy'.haha

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Do you think the unritually buried son,presumably unamed,would be the original eternally undead 'mummy'.haha

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

Your welcome.

reply to post by fastbob72

Haha, well the son's name they stated was Pentawere, but perhaps he is. His burial was thought of then as some sort of punishment, so maybe the full punishment was to be eternally undead

It does appear though that Pentawere and his mother did not fully think this plot out all the way. I say this as after the trial another son of King Ramesses III succeeded as heir and that this son was his preferred heir. So even if Pentawere and his mother got away with it, Pentawere might not have succeeded. So it appears he may have killed his father for nothing. Maybe he would have succeeded, though who knows.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed. S+F for the find.

Ancient Egypt has such a wealth of history with so much of it still a mystery, it is impressive when something like this is for all intensive purposes proven after such a long period. Hopefully the turmoil in the middle east will not rain on the archeological parade, or even worse end up like Afghanistan's relics under Taliban control and be completely destroyed.

Now if only they can figure out what happened that they tried to erase Hatshepsut from the history of Egypt, plus about a hundred thousand other mysteries....

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CalibratedZeus

You are definitely right about Ancient Egypt being such a wealth of history, information, and mystery.

I hope that some day I will be able to visit that country myself and explore, however, at this time it appears like it would not be the best place to visit.

I wish as you do that Egypt will not end up similar to what occurred in Afghanistan. As you have said there is so much history there it would be a shame to see it be lost for good.

Haha
Yes, one mystery solved only hundreds of thousands to go....

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by theUNKNOWNawaits
After years of speculation a recent study conducted appears to have finally closed the book on the conspiracy that killed King Ramesses III over 3,000 years ago.

Interesting news! I wonder wether this will have repercussions on the interpretation of the story of the Sea Peoples which where repelled under Ramesses III and then settled in the Levant. Maybe he got killed because he failed in in his dutys, he lost the Levant, and the killers had allies, traitors?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cicerone

Perhaps that played a part and the Sea Peoples backed the plot. However, it appears that it simply was a power grab by one of his wives and a son. Although we most likely will never know the whole reason behind the plot as it did happen over 3,000 years ago.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by theUNKNOWNawaits

Perhaps that played a part and the Sea Peoples backed the plot. However, it appears that it simply was a power grab by one of his wives and a son. Although we most likely will never know the whole reason behind the plot as it did happen over 3,000 years ago.
This is true, but maybe the power grab incorporated anger about the outcome of the battles with the Sea Peoples? Maybe the struggle for power among the sons of the king represented a political struggle how to come to terms with the Sea Peoples after the Levant was lost?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Yes, I am sure this is possible. Especially, since some sources out there who have looked into this have stated that at least 40 people were a part of the plot to kill the King, which included some officials close to the King.

So perhaps, these officials and others inclusion in the plot was due to their anger with how the King was dealing with certain situations such as the battles with the Sea Peoples or issues with future decisions.

Maybe further research will soon discover the whole reasonings behind the plot. Then the conspiracy I guess will officially come to a close, as it appears only more questions are still unanswered. At least now we know how he died answering the biggest question.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
if his father Ramsees 2....is responsiblle for the exodus

then it doesnt take a genius to work out who killed him

hykosis and isrealite tribes.

but who cares...after his death...and after the third intermediate period....the ku#es cleansed them off the land

just like narmer did,
nub-amun,
and tuthmosis.

long live the great house bloodline

peace

BTW, what does sea people mean??
stateless pirates, skull and cross bones.....sounds about right
edit on 18-12-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
Good that you asked!
Wikipedia is your friend: en.wikipedia.org...
... there is the idea that the core of the Sea Peoples came from Atlantis,
and that the Atlantis story is a distorted tradition of the Sea Peoples story.
Then, Atlantis was more to be searched within the Mediterranean region, not in the Atlantic ocean.

edit on 18-12-2012 by cicerone because: Clarification.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cicerone

Originally posted by thePharaoh
Good that you asked!
Wikipedia is your friend: en.wikipedia.org...
... there is the idea that the core of the Sea Peoples came from Atlantis,
and that the Atlantis story is a distorted tradition of the Sea Peoples story.
Then, Atlantis was more to be searched within the Mediterranean region, not in the Atlantic ocean.

edit on 18-12-2012 by cicerone because: Clarification.

hey, i think so too

but i think it has more of a semetic twist

also, ceaser was kidnapped by pirates

stateless piratess, who lived off sabotaging Greek, Egyptain and Roman vessels in the Mediteranean.
probably the descendants of Pheoncians/Caannites.

i was thinking, if the skull n` cross bones on a pirate flag, is the same one as in the masonic ideology, then maybe, a renegade tribe from the isrealites are the atlanteans

btw, on a complete side note...pirates of the carribean, i always call it, pirates of the mediteranean

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
And damned if he ain't Caucasian

tut tut

Thebans were not caucasion....if they were mixed, it would be with a dash of hykosis, due to kings ***SNIP*** too many women.

if you think turks are caucasion...then in that parrellel universe, you might be right lol

now stop prodding thePharaoh

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 12/18/2012 by Blaine91555 because: Warning for censor circumvention.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Look at his bone structure. His lips. That's a white guy.

Caucasoid includes Indians and Middle Easterners.
edit on 12/18/2012 by PrplHrt because: (no reason given)

And how do you explain the mummies with red hair?

I hate Wikipedia but - Caucasian/Caucasoid

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt

Look at his bone structure. His lips. That's a white guy.

Caucasoid includes Indians and Middle Easterners.

And how do you explain the mummies with red hair?

ITS A KANUZI NUBIAN.....FROM THEBES (Aswan)

THOSE ARE NUBIAN/THEBAN FEATURES

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I am not hard of hearing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join