It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Hat Is Off To The ATS Mods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
My hat goes off to the mods here at ATS as I do not envy your job right now.

Over the past week, there has been a notable increase of activity in the "2012" forum. The amount of new threads starting up there has increased as we get closer to this Friday. Worse, it seems no one is bothering to use the Search function or just their own eye balls, as many duplicate "Where Is Nibiru?" threads, or "This Is What Is Going To Happen" threads pop up.

It will only get worse I'm afraid as we near Friday,and then there will be the virtual avalanche of "Told You So!" threads, "Wait, the date was wrong!" Threads, or many "The World Didn't End Because We Staved It Off!" threads that will be happening after Friday.

Then of course the recent horrific event up in Conn. that has sparked all the Gun Control threads, Conspiracy threads about that horrible event that have piled on top of all this.

So my hat goes off to you people as I know you're most likely being over worked even more than usual.......

Just try not to hit the bottle too hard, okay?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

No doubt.

Being a MOD right now has to be interesting, to say the least.

Collectively they have done a wonderful job.....

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Yup totally agree the Mods have done a excellent job the always do but more so in the past week, next week is going to be even worse.

I am curious how is ATS planning on managing what is going to be a unusually busy period.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Why thank you OP.

While the 21st Dec 2012 brings the long count to an end, I have a feeling that people will soon be inventing another date in their never ending quest for our doom.

Personally, I intend to be out with friends drinking on Friday night, so I predict Saturday will feel like the world has ended anyway

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Several approaches are being discussed...

1. Drink heavily, forgo sleep
  2. Don flame-retardant tin-foil body suit
  3. Start each day with vigorous gargling of scalding hot salty coffee
  4. Take numerous trampoline and jimboree breaks
  5. Call Semperfortis' house and hang up before he answers
  6. Adjust monitors to display everything inverted and upside-down (my favorite)
  7. Spend the entire day humming Michael Jackson's "Beat it!"
  8. Play Cat Steven's "Moonshadow" with the speakers turned up to 11

edit on 18-12-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
My hat goes off to the mods here at ATS as I do not envy your job right now.

Over the past week, there has been a notable increase of activity in the "2012" forum. The amount of new threads starting up there has increased as we get closer to this Friday. Worse, it seems no one is bothering to use the Search function or just their own eye balls, as many duplicate "Where Is Nibiru?" threads, or "This Is What Is Going To Happen" threads pop up.

It will only get worse I'm afraid as we near Friday,and then there will be the virtual avalanche of "Told You So!" threads, "Wait, the date was wrong!" Threads, or many "The World Didn't End Because We Staved It Off!" threads that will be happening after Friday.

Then of course the recent horrific event up in Conn. that has sparked all the Gun Control threads, Conspiracy threads about that horrible event that have piled on top of all this.

So my hat goes off to you people as I know you're most likely being over worked even more than usual.......

Just try not to hit the bottle too hard, okay?
Very Well said, I could not agree more....

It seems that the anonymity we enjoy while perusing ATS is an

excuse for some members to become thoughtless and rude.

For thier part in keeping these individuals in check..I say Thank you

edit on 18-12-2012 by wutz4tom because: typo

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Well done in general and particularly this last week !!

And end of the world blow out seems to be the favoured approach,that's something I WOULD prep for.lol

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Can I have the hat? Is it a nice hat?

But yeah, I agree, the gun control threads have been driving me bonkers, never mind the other stuff.

Must have to have nerves of whiskey to be a mod at the moment.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I used to own a site almost as busy as this with members from all around the world

But this site must be much hard to moderate, seeing as there are more "crazies" here than I had

So yes thank you mods for trying your best, even when it pisses some of us off at the time

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Just a question

If the world does end
how will the mods handle the influx of threads on subjects like

WTF happened to gravity

There is a sea of lava approaching my house

I am watching a thousand foot wall of water coming straight at me.

Actually, I can see them all sipping on a fine cognac just watching their monitors. "Ah, what the heck, by the time I do something it will be all over."

Seriously, well done and I hope the next few days are bearable for you all. A merry Christmas to all the mods and their families.

P

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
Just a question

If the world does end
how will the mods handle the influx of threads on subjects like

WTF happened to gravity

There is a sea of lava approaching my house

I am watching a thousand foot wall of water coming straight at me.

Actually, I can see them all sipping on a fine cognac just watching their monitors. "Ah, what the heck, by the time I do something it will be all over."

Seriously, well done and I hope the next few days are bearable for you all. A merry Christmas to all the mods and their families.

P

I wish I could give a star to this post. I really do..

Hahaha.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

• Drink heavily, forgo sleep
  • Don flame-retardant tin-foil body suit
  • Start each day with vigorous gargling of scalding hot salty coffee
  • Take numerous trampoline and jimboree breaks
  • Call Semperfortis' house and hang up before he answers
  • Adjust monitors to display everything inverted and upside-down (my favorite)
  • Spend the entire day humming Michael Jackson's "Beat it!"
  • Play Cat Steven's "Moonshadow" with the speakers turned up to 11

• 9 through 110 are reserved for 32nd degree ATS mods...

( they mostly involve playing terrible pranks on Semperfortis. Fake pizza and what not) The ones that aren't are stipulations regarding sarcastic insults to be used during these pranks.

On a more serious note, hat off to the membership. You know our job is only as difficult as the membership make it. With you guys filing alerts and keeping the conversations civil of your own choice, is loads more helpfull than a gang of forum mods trying to keep things under control.

So thank you guys. Although it has been an interesting time since the election, things will calm down in the new year.

If we are all still here that is..

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:44 PM
    link   
    reply to post by bknapple32

Thanks!

It is suspicious that the mods have not answered.

Maybe they have started one of their special threads to make plans, you know, just in case!

They do a great job, hope they get he chance to continue.

P

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:48 PM
    link   
    reply to post by pheonix358

The answer is simple. We'll recruit three or four new mods and put them in charge while the rest of us retreat to the ATS bunker, hidden deep under Mount McKinley...

Oh, dear, I've said too much!

Now I must log off and pack a bag, The men in the dark suits will be here, shortly, to take me back to reeducation camp.... Again......

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:49 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Hefficide

Man that's the best prank we've ever pulled on you, and you fall for it everytime..

(If he could read he'd see Central Intuitive Agency)

edit on 12/18/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:53 PM
    link   
    reply to post by tothetenthpower

How dare you mock me. You know, full well, that my lack of comprehension is Sempers fault.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:59 PM
    link   
    these mods are modding more then I have ever seen a mod mod before!

best time ever to be a mod.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:49 PM
    link   
    You know........there's been a few 2012 threads about "watching the elite", where they go, see if they go into hiding, etc, etc........

What if people log onto ATS Friday.....and not see a mod's name at all on the forum page that lists everyone that's on here?

Wonder how many on here would freak, etc,....

Uhm.....don't do it please....no telling how people would react on here!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:52 PM
    link   
    reply to post by eriktheawful

We have Sattelite links from the "Hive".

No need to worry, we don't intend on telling anybody nuffin'.

At least not until it's too late

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:03 PM
    link   
    Not just the 2012 forums. They're doing a pretty good job on all the Newtown and gun control threads. I had one of the handful of removed posts that I've had in my entire time here on the first evening of the shooting. A mod both explained the reasoning and encouraged me to re-post the less inflammatory and relevant part of the post.

top topics

join