It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NICS Overwhelmed with requests post Newtown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
In Colorado:

A total of 4,154 background checks were submitted on Saturday, said CBI spokeswoman Susan Medina. Those figures topped the previous greatest number of background checks on Black Friday this year, when 4,028 were processed.
link

They broke the system causing a backlog of 15-18 hours.

In New Hampshire:

This past weekend, Dack says he was told state police got a record number of requests for handgun sale background checks on Saturday.
link

Citing reasons such as a desire to defend themselves and a fear of a new wave of ignorance based legislation.

I'll add more as I find'em as long as I can edit.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
You know.. this is something to see. Media can take polls until they are blue in the face and drop dead from oxygen depravation. Those polls can say allllllll they want about anything the pollsters would like them to say.

THIS poll...NICS requests..is the one that can't be fudged and people can't lie on the phone about to screw with the poll taker. Here is the Poll where the numbers are the side effect, not the point...so it's reliable far beyond phone polls to 600 or 1000 "randomly" selected people.

THIS poll says Americans have no tolerance or time for Anti-gun freaks and their fanatic agenda. We saw this a couple times under bush's tenure during gun scares and the great bonanza of 2008/2009 where the sales were SO extreme...things like bullets, primers and gun powder was literally rationed at even the largest outlets like Cabelas and Bass Pro for lack of supply to meet the overwhelming demand. Not to mention...millions of actual guns selling so fast, every major gun producer in the nation was on back order for nearly 2 years running!

Yeah... the American people are speaking...they are SCREAMING.... but the damn politicians have set in their mind what they are GOING to do and what we think, like or want is totally irrelevant to their personal visions and agendas.

When next we can vote.... EVERY SINGLE INCUMBENT needs to go, I think. I don't care if they are your own family member serving in high office. If they are in, they need OUT. Crap like this shows it.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Either fear is starting to take over a lot of people or the general public is "Stocking up" for this Friday.

I saw a thread on ATS last night about a panic that might be caused by some hoax. It really got me thinking.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FrankLY

I assure you...promise you...this won't even slow down after Friday. This has nothing to do with Friday...this is about the fear of the President stomping the Second Amendment regardless of limitation or law. It was the same thing in 08/09..and it's a re-run. Back then? It ran over 20 months. This time? Hell... it may run his whole 4 years.

It's funny tho...with each passing day, thousands more "black guns" are in private hands.....10''s of thousands of "high capacity" magazines are being sold...and millions of rounds of ammunition are being made, sold and traded.

Ban?? lol.... ban what? No one will need to buy anything more for years.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Ban?? lol.... ban what? No one will need to buy anything more for years.

You know you have enough ammo, when you no longer park your car in your garage, yet you still ran out of space in your garage to store it all.

You know you have enough ammo, when you have to rent an extra Uhaul to move it when you move.

You know you have enough guns when you start loosing track of which one you put the trigger job in, and which one has the new 308 barrel.

You know you have enough guns when you have to use a spread sheet program to help manage the inventory and make sure you have enough ammo for each type of gun you have.

You know the entire population has enough guns when people start releasing software dedicated to managing your gun collection at your house.
www.nmcollector.net...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

I use that software. It's great.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Fear has always been used to control society. It's use is sometimes necessary+
435vdzfx jj'

ju6rey5 7653 0987u,098-il,09-,.09-/0-
/]
\[/
/[];0987km987hgy654dfc4xc waszx3qeasz432qwaszxewqAz32QWASZ43WESD54324RDF654RFV7HJ87YUH987UIJ098980OJ098IPK;9-[OL;'./IJJN'
][KJIJ=
LK-P'.;J ,MKM GOP

sORRY ABOUT THE ABOVE
had to turn the keyboard upside down andclean all the crap out of it
Looked kinda cool so I left it.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The polls are bull puckey. Our corporate masters are just trying to shape opinion and prepare the masses for the inevitable. I don't believe their numbers. They are all falling in sync. Even David Letterman made comments last night.

new topics

top topics

join