Ke$ha song yanked from airwaves.

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Well the media is at again...

Just as Kesha's party-themed new single "Die Young" was making its way up the charts, the song's ascent has sharply reversed in the wake of the school shooting.

Link here

Not really a Kesha fan, but basically the song refers too living your life as if it were your last day. Like we've all heard, party like its 1999. Did I miss something? Or is she indirectly telling her fans that they are literally going to die young?

I'm guessing pretty soon that the music we hear on the radio will only be aired if the song is about rainbows, unicorns, puppies, kittens, ponies etc...

What are your thoughts?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
My thoughts?

It's just useless, mass-produced trash, anyway.

No loss.

Real music isn't played on the radio.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

I literally had to forbid my youngins from listening to that song..To me it sends the wrong message, especially if you listen to other lyrics in her other songs....I just do not like her....

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
My thoughts?

It's just useless, mass-produced trash, anyway.

No loss.

Real music isn't played on the radio.

True that.

I always wished I had learned an instrument. Real music?

Google this man
Ryan Laplant.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

I get what your saying. I really do
. I'm not a fan either, but when Rihanna came out with S&M or that song about blowing my whistle (blow jobs) or that 90's hit "I'm a Bitch"... I think a song about partying and making the most of the night like we're gonna die young has nothing to do with what happened last Friday.

Here are the lyrics to the song. After I heard of this, I thought I'd look it up and see what the song was really about...

I hear your heart beat to the beat of the drums
Oh what a shame that you came here with someone
So while you're here in my arms Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young
We're gonna die young We're gonna die young
Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young
[Beat break]

Young hearts, out our minds Runnin like we outta time
Wild childs, lookin' good Livin hard just like we should
Don't care whose watching when we tearing it up (You Know)
That magic that we got nobody can touch (For sure)
Looking for some trouble tonight
Take my hand, I'll show you the wild, side Like it's the last night of our lives
We'll keep dancing till we die
So while you're here in my arms, Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young
We're gonna die young We're gonna die young Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young
[Beat break]

Young hunks, taking shots Stripping down to dirty socks
Music up, gettin' hot Kiss me, give me all you've got
It's pretty obvious that you've got a crush (you know)
That magic in your pants, it's making me blush (for sure)
Looking for some trouble tonight
Take my hand i'll show you the wild side
Like it's the last night of our lives
We'll keep dancing till we die
So while you're here in my arms,

So while you're here in my arms

We're gonna die young We're gonna die young

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

I love the blues

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Here's the video.

All-seeing eye, upside down crosses flashed throughout the video, pyramids all over the place, and pentagrams. That's sick and if anyone thinks that video doesn't have secret society and hidden messages written all over it then I don't know where you've been.

edit on 18-12-2012 by FidelityMusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

Huh... I've never seen the video until now... Are you insinuating "Illuminati"?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xquizit

Illuminati as most people know it, let's say TPTB. Also watch her hand throughout the video. I think that sums it up.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Good, this filth should be taken of the airwaves.

On a more concerning note however, then the users/listeners of said radio/streaming station should have the choice themselves whether or not they want to listen to said track and not have some high paid and sponsored DJ do it for them.

The simple solution id ofcorse listening to Proper music (well, choice music yourself, proper music is a perception
) , i stopped listening to airwaves some 4 years ago, and now I can't name you any of the current top 10 "pop" songs even if i wanted to
, so liberating.

But i agree that "pop" music today has a dramatic and damaging effect on the youth. When you are 8-20 you are supposed to find yourself, sure you might go through some personality changes, dramatic or subtle, however it is all part of personal growth.
What happens when you substitute the experimental stage, with "Just copy this artist" and at the age of 8 start copying every thing their "Favorite (chosen by DJ's at this age)" artists? Well, result, confused 20 year olds who have no empathy "due to the disturbing "Fck all, Me first" " message in alot of pop today, and no sense of self.

Now the music in itself is not dangerous in anyway shape or form, its just word, what makes it dangerous is people dont understand that artists are performers as well, its a role they put on, its not real. We are thought this about movies but for some reason not about music. Education is what will save the youth

To summurize :
Im glad the song is of the airways
Im disappointed that the DJ's pulled it and not popular demand
Im concerned with people still not realizing that their "Taste" is chosen for them
I think pop idols mess massively with early development (8-20) as they copy instead of trying
I know, that education and knowledge is the only solution
As the choice should always be left up to you.

Namaste.
edit on 18/12/12 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

Yeah I can't beat that. Well said friend

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young Young hunks, taking shots Stripping down to dirty socks Music up, gettin' hot Kiss me, give me all you've got It's pretty obvious that you've got a crush (you know) That magic in your pants, it's making me blush (for sure

Look at this crap that our teen and pre-teen girls listen to.
I would be more concerned about the sexual part of the lyrics than the die young part.
What a whore.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by Xquizit

Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young Young hunks, taking shots Stripping down to dirty socks Music up, gettin' hot Kiss me, give me all you've got It's pretty obvious that you've got a crush (you know) That magic in your pants, it's making me blush (for sure

Look at this crap that our teen and pre-teen girls listen to.
I would be more concerned about the sexual part of the lyrics than the die young part.
What a whore.

Very true
. That's what I was trying to say... Radio stations are black balling this song for the wrong reasons. Although this song should be yanked for its sexual content... Much like many others mentioned in my earlier post.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

Agree with all that.

It amazes me how some of this crap gets onto the radio. Even for the unfortunate people who say that they like the song - If they really think about it they would realise they actually cant stand it.

This song focuses on everything that is destructive and wasteful to life and so many people just embrace it. Nothing creative or musical or artistic about it, it is cheap tacky BS.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xquizit

Check this link out
If you have seen it already sorry if not it's a good site for stuff like this...

Kesha Die Young Symbolism

new topics
top topics

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum