It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Assad and his wife and children evacuate to Russia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I really dont keep up to the minute with the whole Syria thing because I find that the 'journalist's' that report on it shake my faith in humanity. I did just see how Russia is planning to evacuate its citizens if it needs to. Assad has vowed to die in his country Syria if has to. But what about his wife and children?

I did read something about rebels claiming to have 'captured' them trying to flee. Was that correct? I was feeling worried about them. Does anyone know if they are safe?

And does anyone think Assad would change his mind and seek refuge in Russia? Would Russia have him?

I really hope his family is safe.

edit on 18-12-2012 by spangledbanner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I agree with you here and hope as well that his family is taken care of. I look at the FSA and then I look at what happened when some of these same individuals were in Libya and got Gadaffi. (sigh).... Some are men and some are outright animals. I'd hate to even imagine the animals getting ahold of the wife and children. I am sure Russia will offer what is needed when the time comes. That is Syria's major hold card after all.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
He wont leave.. He may head to another country for talks or something but I think hes serious about staying in Syria. It would be interesting to see a western view on his wife and kids though. Isn't she British?

join