It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Call For Some Sanity - RE: Newtown

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Thanks for the reply...
Seems that you simply rehashed what you already stated (in this thread), and ignored my responses to the same.

The primary issue I have with your argument is - You blame "them" for having "no factual evidence" (none of "them" have access to the real facts, and...they don't live there)...but...your facts are legitimate...?

I am familiar with how the "expert witness game" is played. I am, likewise, familiar with how competitive Psychology professionals are...and how "different" their opinions and schools of thought can be.
They are like meteorologists (to me)... They might be right - They might be wrong... Got a lot of science to back them up... A lot of money invested into getting them as much scientific data as possible...to aid them in being "right" more often... But, it is still a toss-up, whether their interpretation/s of the data is (will be) correct, or not. (Not disparaging weather forecasters or psych-professionals.)
It could simply be that - there are a lot more factors that play-in to each "situation" that we don't even know about (yet)...or...that we are unable to measure (yet)...or...that there are simply too many factors to address (and remain profitable - which affects relevancy)...for them to be "right" more often than not...
How would you handle being "misdiagnosed" as "a witch" in Salem...?
Wouldn't much matter, would it?
You would probably just have to deal with hanging on a stake, while they lit the fire below your feet.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanDash

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Thanks for the reply...
Seems that you simply rehashed what you already stated (in this thread), and ignored my responses to the same.

The primary issue I have with your argument is - You blame "them" for having "no factual evidence" (none of "them" have access to the real facts, and...they don't live there)...but...your facts are legitimate...?

No, what I have presented, and what I continue to present, are available facts and evidence based in actual research and reality. What others are presenting is hearsay, belief, delusion, assumption and general BS with no actual evidence to back it up.

Here, let me Google a few definitions for you...

fact
/fakt/
Noun

A thing that is indisputably the case.
Information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article.

proof
/pro͞of/
Noun
Evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement.

ev·i·dence
/ˈevədəns/
Noun
The available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

be·lief
/biˈlēf/
Noun

An acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists.
Something one accepts as true or real; a firmly held opinion or conviction.

de·lu·sion
/diˈlo͞oZHən/
Noun

An idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality,...
The action of deluding someone or the state of being deluded: "what a capacity television has for delusion".

fan·ta·sy
/ˈfantəsē/
Noun
The faculty or activity of imagining things that are impossible or improbable.

in·san·i·ty
/inˈsanitē/
Noun

The state of being seriously mentally ill; madness.
Extreme foolishness or irrationality.

There, that should do it for now.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join