Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Is the Mayan End date Dec 21 or 23 ???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
When i read your post i was also very confused so i decided to check it out. Here is what i found.
No matter where you are in the world it is another day somewhere else.

This year's winter solstice – which marks the shortest day of the year – is on 22 December.
The official onset of winter and the beginning of the end for long, dark nights in the northern hemisphere is marked by the winter solstice, which is this year at 5.30am (GMT)

Usually, the winter solstice occurs on the 21 December, but that can shift for the same reasons we have leap years: the Earth takes 365.25 days to orbit the sun, but the Gregorian calendar has only 365 days so each year the solstice is pushed back by around six hours.
"At extreme ends of the four year calendrical cycle the solstice can sometimes get shunted into the early hours of the 22nd, as it does this year. Next year is a leap year, which resets the calendar so that the winter solstice will fall on the 21st again," said Marek Kukula at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London.
In the northern hemisphere, the winter solstice marks the shortest day and the longest night, but the sun continues to rise later for some days afterwards. The reason is that Earth's orbit around the sun is not circular, but elliptical. As the Earth rotates, it also moves along this curved path, and so sees the sun a little sooner than if it were stationary.

Eastern standard time is five hours ahead of Greenwich mean time.

What this all means is that the solstice could be on the 23 day of this month for some depending where you are on this planet.
I hope this will clear up the confusion,

Br Ben

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by AccessDenied

I would like to try and find the video. Was it on a national program or maybe can you tell me which network?

Thanks!

Was on CTV Canada AM but I couldn't find it anywhere.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Could anyone find an image of the glyph and the written translation beside it as it hangs in the museum?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
There is a 3 day lead-up to the 21st and a 3 day step down, so technically all is correct.

The build-up will not go unnoticed, unless you choose to close your heart to it and free-will decide to NOT feel what is happening.

It all begins today, and the first 3 days may not be too pleasant. This too shall pass.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The 23rd would be better,

That's my BIRTHDAY!

What a great present....

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

I want this forum to be shut down on 22 st december 2012 day after the "doom" date.Why ? Because believers of this conspiracy here will be ridiculed ,mocked , for days ,weeks after this unreal prediction will failed.There will be thousands of jokes on their account,this forum will be full of people who want to add additional fuel to their big ego.Every man makes mistakes about beliefs , they don't deserve this on ATS after 21 st december 2012.Your opinions?

Water off a ducks back.Can't blame the innocent for following the pied piper.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Since we are still here...it's the 23 methinks.
Let the flames begin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join