Is the Mayan End date Dec 21 or 23 ???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Ok so I was sitting here watching the morning news and amid all the gun control discussion they finally put the Mayan calender up for discussion. Now clearly all the news anchors were speaking of the 21st, and one of them pointed out that in Cancun Mexico they recently opened a museum of Mayan artifacts including the stone that bears that prophetic end times glyph. They were questioning why spend so much money on a museum if the world was going to end.
Anyway, while they were chatting,they showed video of the museum and the glyph...
Now here's where I get confused.
Directly beside the stone in the museum it clearly stated that the end date was deciphered as DECEMBER 23. And yet, I have heard no speculation of that date.
I could not find a video or photo to correspond with what I saw on the news. Perhaps someone else can.
So which is it?
Nothing happens on Friday and we hold our breath all weekend?
Good grief.
Why the discrepancy?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
there is no end date, but there is a beginning date being the 21st through the 23rd or 3 days of something. the Maya never predicted the end of the world, just the beginning of a new age of man.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
December 23rd is the winter solstice.

December 21st is just a day.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Buehehehhehehe, now two days later

I want this forum to be shut down on 22 st december 2012 day after the "doom" date.Why ? Because believers of this conspiracy here will be ridiculed ,mocked , for days ,weeks after this unreal prediction will failed.There will be thousands of jokes on their account,this forum will be full of people who want to add additional fuel to their big ego.Every man makes mistakes about beliefs , they don't deserve this on ATS after 21 st december 2012.Your opinions?

link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
there is no end date, but there is a beginning date being the 21st through the 23rd or 3 days of something. the Maya never predicted the end of the world, just the beginning of a new age of man.

Agreed, Age of enlightenment.

link   

Agreed, Age of enlightenment.

Sorry about double post, cant seem to delete it
edit on 26/02/2012 by KurdishKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

That is a good question, I have read something about the twenty third before but can't remember exactly what it was about. s&f for finding what I found and forgot about a long time ago.
It will be interesting to relearn what that was about.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Since the 23rd is Festivus, we can celebrate with feats of strength and Festivus miracles. I'm glad this whole ancient prophecy/Terence McKenna scare is coming and soon going. What will the paranoid think of next, maybe the infamous 2013 Boogeyman Comet coming in November.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Looks like the date is being shifted already as doubt creeps in. Before we know it, the world will be ending in March, then September, then probably 2050 so that all the current doomsdayers will be old or dead anyway and won't suffer a second humiliation.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
oops our bad we got the numbers mixed up it wasn`t on 12/21/2012 it will be on 12/21/2021

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Looks like the date is being shifted already as doubt creeps in. Before we know it, the world will be ending in March, then September, then probably 2050 so that all the current doomsdayers will be old or dead anyway and won't suffer a second humiliation.

life as we once knew it already ended and continues to today. the end game is here but it's not about comets or planet X or floods, it's much more subtle then that. the global wealthy are systematically giving us our end of time apocalypse. but that's a story for another thread.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

It depends on which correlation you useto match the Long Count up with the Gregorian calendar. Back in 1983 the GMT correlation was published this gave us the December 21 date. Shortly after the GMT +2 correlation was published that gives the December 23 date. These are the two most widely accepted correlations for the Long Count and both pretty much have the same amount of evidence supporting them. So in the end the date you'll see depends on which correlation that specific researcher supports.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
December 23rd is the winter solstice.

December 21st is just a day.

Wrong...

December 21st at 11:12 UT = beginning of Winter Solstice...

Dec 23rd is just another day...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I would like to try and find the video. Was it on a national program or maybe can you tell me which network?

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Take everything out of the box. Place it within the circle that is your life. Find the end of the circle and pick at it, like a thread in a ball of yarn. Let it unfurl, as it will.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

life as we once knew it already ended and continues to today. the end game is here but it's not about comets or planet X or floods, it's much more subtle then that. the global wealthy are systematically giving us our end of time apocalypse. but that's a story for another thread.

Nope sorry. You are in self destruct mode and it sounds irreversible. Apocalypse will show no mercy if and when it occurs and would include the wealthy as there is no line between wealthy and poor . There's black and there's white but there are billions of shades of grey in between. Who would and how would they distinguish who is wealthy and who is not? Would the cut off point be so many million in the bank? Would it be based on salary? Sounds a but far fetched doesn't it? It sounds to me as though you are having a tough time and you put all of your energy into loathing the wealthy and hoping the world ends so you don't have to suffer any more. You can get therapy for that. There are many filthy rich people out there that only care about themselves but they still sit and crap every morning like you or me. They don't have the power to bring down civilization.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
or is it the 25th or the 27th or the 29th u could go on n on n on n on.nobody knows...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Nope sorry. You are in self destruct mode and it sounds irreversible. Apocalypse will show no mercy if and when it occurs and would include the wealthy as there is no line between wealthy and poor . There's black and there's white but there are billions of shades of grey in between. Who would and how would they distinguish who is wealthy and who is not? Would the cut off point be so many million in the bank? Would it be based on salary? Sounds a but far fetched doesn't it? It sounds to me as though you are having a tough time and you put all of your energy into loathing the wealthy and hoping the world ends so you don't have to suffer any more. You can get therapy for that. There are many filthy rich people out there that only care about themselves but they still sit and crap every morning like you or me. They don't have the power to bring down civilization.

i'm actually not even sure what you said, makes little sense but i did see you describe me in a way that is very untrue.

i am successful, self employed, credit rating of 802, very happily married, have 2 kids and 1 grandson and i'm having the time of my life. if you want you can have the site owner contact me to verify that information?

you don't really have to be down on your luck or in a bad place to be capable of seeing how sick our world has become, you just need to close your mouth and open your eyes and ears.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Calender ends period.
The only prediction of a new age is by those that have to have a connection to the world ending or not ending.
Pure and simple the calender ends.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Granted, reading that back, it looks like I had a bit of a 'moment'. My point is that nothing has really changed, the world has always been full of problems and evil, when one dies down, another takes over. How is now worse than the midst of WW2? How was that worse than the slave trade? You can go back in time through many times of evil, hardship, disaster etc. It's something we have to accept. Our current times are saturated with greed, capitalism and power struggles. Just another period in our 'rich' history. It doesn't mean the sky is falling down around us.
edit on 18-12-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join