It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Kerry support dwindling? Cher and Rosie virtually ignored!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
On Friday night Cher was scheduled to perform in front of thousands at a 'get out the vote' rally supporting John Kerry and only a few hunderd showed up. Saturday night, Rosie O'Donnell was supposed to be addressing a few thousand people for the same cause ... only a few dozen showed up for Rosie.

Rosie O'Donnell addressed a nearly vacant CLUB OVATION Saturday night in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida during a get-out-the-vote rally for Dem presidential hopeful John Kerry.

"You know, there's only like, you know, maybe 38 of us here and maybe we can just like tap a keg and put on some disco, and totally party," O'Donnell deadpanned.

The debacle came one night after only a couple hundred came out to see Cher rally for Kerry at Miami Beach's CROBAR disco.

"There were supposed to be thousands of people here tonight. I'm not sure why that didn't happen, obviously the people putting on this thing were just not very good at it," an embarrassed Cher explained to the crowd.

drudgereport.com...

You would think that people would take advantage of the opportunity to see these celebrities in a small venue, even if they weren't Kerry supporters. Rosie getting ignored doesn't surprise me, but I would have thought Cher would have packed them in. I think it is a clear indication that Kerry does not have the support that he thinks he has and his attempt to lure people in with celebrities was a huge failure.

Also, aren't Cher and Rosie icons in the gay community? Why wasn't the gay community there in force to support Kerry? Could it be that they are supporting Bush instead?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
My guess is they're trying to avoid arrests, which have become so popular nowadays. They already know who they're voting for, and there's no guarantee that going to such an event would be a secure night out anymore.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Yeah, you might just get shot in the eye by a pepper bullet.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Maybe this just shows support for Cher and Rosie is dwindling. I mean man what is Cher like 60 yrs old now.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Yeah, you might just get shot in the eye by a pepper bullet.

A boston riot filled with drunk Red Sox fans and a Cher concert yea those are the same thing. Cops always have to break up the crowds at Cher concerts.

Please

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Why would they be arrested? I highly doubt someone would be arrested going to see a concert!

Forgive my ignorance but isn't Cher a gay icon? Or is that just some made up thing on Will and Grace?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Chers daughter is a lesbian, she had a hard time accepting this fact years ago, but now she actively defends gays. Good for her.
Cher's a has been and so is Rosie, so really, they wouldnt get any more crowds than what they had.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Bush will win............why? Hes more obedient to the powers that be.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Cher's a has been

Yet she sells out every concert in major stadiums. Has been...right.

"There were supposed to be thousands of people here tonight. I'm not sure why that didn't happen, obviously the people putting on this thing were just not very good at it," an embarrassed Cher explained to the crowd.

The organizers obviously didn't advertise or make these events widly known. Had they done an adequate job of promoting the event...it would have been full of people. For Cher at least...not sure about Rosie.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I really don't think that the all the blame can be placed with the promoters. I think that people are making a statement that they don't want to see Cher or Rosie if that means they have to sell their soul to Kerry.

IMHO, the lack of attendance at these events says a lot! And I'm sure that whoever promoted these events got in big trouble after what happened to Cher so they probably worked triple hard to get people in to see Rosie. I guess we will see how much support Kerry has on election day ...

Jemison

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I doubt this has anything to do with Kerry, and more to do with Cher and Rosie. Rosie O'Donnel has made herself into a self-important celebrity no one cares about anymore. We didn't and don't care that she is a lesbian, and the Rosie fad is just over. Cher may have sold out stadiums once, but she doesn't anymore, and was performing at a Disco in Miami.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Rosie O'Donnel has made herself into a self-important celebrity no one cares about anymore. We didn't and don't care that she is a lesbian, and the Rosie fad is just over.

I'm glad to hear that. I have never been a fan of hers and was disgusted when she made a huge ordeal about coming out of the closet. The way she talks about herself I thought she still had a relatively large following but I guess she is just a legend in her own mind.

Still, 36 people showing up to see her is a VERY low number. I could probably get more than that to come see me!!!!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This is no surprise to me as I cant stand either one of them.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Cher went to a DISCO.

Hello?!?! DISCO died 20 years ago.

Everyone was probably too drunk to
understand what she was saying anyways.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
You know when I first heard that rosie was coming out in favor of Kerry my frst thought was "Kerry must be getting really desperate" my second thought was "I wonder how much Bush paid her to support Kerry"

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It seems to me, that everytime when something doesn't go the democrats way on this board, then it's because the people are has-been's (cher and rosie), or it's all a big republican plot, or its the vast right wing conspiracy at work. They never really want to tell the truth that maybe their guy might be slipping and his support is not what it use to be.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
All these psycops aren't working. As Al Gore said there are a few million young folks who are voting Kerry who haven't been counted in all of the polls at all because they don't have land line phone, their lives revolve around their cell phones. Everyone thinks Al Gore is crazy but a person who has 12 patents in software and knows the market, I can honestly say he is underestimating those numbers.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   

As Al Gore said there are a few million young folks who are voting Kerry who haven't been counted in all of the polls at all because they don't have land line phone, their lives revolve around their cell phones.

I only know about 12 people that use cell phones as their main phones and all those people are voting Bush!!!

What is so disturbing is that if Bush DOES win, Kerry and his 10,000 lawyers are going to fight it. We already know it's going to be a dirty election and just as Kerry supporters refuse to admit that his support might be dwindling you will refuse to believe it if he loses and you will stop at nothing, even after election day, to get Kerry in office. THAT is what bothers me the most.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
So are we to assume that only Democrats use cell phones and Republicans are tied to land lines? GrndLkNatv, you may have your 12 patents in software and know the market, but you are sadly delusional if you think that people don't get polled over their cell phone. I know I have done three polls in the last month via my cell phone. I would not take anything that Al (I invented the Internet) Gore takes as truthfulness. Gore is almost as bad as Kerry when it comes to falsehoods. why Can't the Democrats ever run someone who doesn't lie.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
What does people ignoring two has been celebrities, got to do with Kerry's support dwindling? I'm not making the connection there

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join