It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia sends warships to Syria for possible evacuation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Russia sent warships to the Mediterranean to prepare a potential evacuation of its citizens from Syria, a Russian news agency said on Tuesday, a sign President Bashar al-Assad's key ally is worried about rebel advances that now threaten even the capital.

Moscow acted a day after insurgents waging a 21-month-old uprising obtained a possible springboard for a thrust into Damascus by seizing the Yarmouk Palestinian camp just 2 miles from the heart of the city, activists said.

The anti-Assad opposition has posted significant military and diplomatic gains in recent weeks, capturing a series of army installations across Syria and securing formal recognition from Western and Arab states for its new coalition.

Russia sends warships to Syria for possible evacuation

Russia is claiming that they are doing this because of the recent moves by the anti-Assad forces, but I think Russia is aware of something that is going to happen soon. As many of us have speculated, it will probably involve military intervention by the West.

In my personal opinion, I think that if the West intervenes, it will be the start of the next World War. It may take awhile to spiral out of control and get to that point, but I think it will happen sooner rather than later.

What do you guys think?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I've been surfing this site for years, and a post predicting that some event will be the springboard to WWIII appears just about every day.

And, there is good discussion, but i'll tell you....it hasn't happened yet, even though we've had thousands of possible events to spark WWIII. I doubt this will be it either.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I find it strange the rebels took the camp, that seems like an odd move unless you had a specific reason.
Sounds like the rebels are being led by spec forces, for sure now!

gonna get interesting if Russia believes its time to pull out... all those nations that promised not to let Syria fall either have to front up... or look weak!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
If the Russions are bugging out tells me Assads time left in power is short.Just hope he doesnt want to do something foolish via chem.weapons.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Mass internet false rumors and scare tactics make the crazies go round.

Got alot of them here.

Calm down.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
For the fun of it I did a search on this, because it is such a frequently recurring headline. I wonder why this is?

Here's what the CBC TV network search results were. "Results 11 - 20 of about 1630 for russia to evacuate from Syria."

top topics

join