It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They are pushing the control agenda too fast and too hard.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Responsible gun owners aren't going to state a "violent revolt", at the worst case, it will be guerilla warfare at its finest.

How do you think the appalachian people beat the British, back at our first revolution?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

TPTB seem desparate, this was a shoddily done false flag with soooo many errors.

At least we're seeing where the "republicans" are really at. A bunch of RINO's, with 2nd amendment, and the fiscal insecurity of our nation.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

No is it at the right pace for them, remember Obama still needs to be sworn in , and it will take time for them to sort though the apps of who has what and where so by the time they do have the ban in place,it will be easy to come and get them, one by one

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Thank-You, I really had no idea how complex and specific different types of weapons were, and how they are used for such a wide variety of activities , this has been quite an educational thread , lol, I guess I really am more of a "city" girl then I thought.......

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

I'm sure that now you understand why people are so up in arms about this...

I do not own any "assault type" weapons myself but I know many good decent people who do and have used them for predator culling for ranchers. I have used such weapons myself (borrowed for the day of course) for the same purpose.

You can expect that cattle ranchers will not be happy with this ban as it reduces the effectiveness of those hired under their deprivation permit (the permit that lets them hire hunters to cull wildlife on their property).

-----------------

On a side note though: I don't think most gun owners would have any problem with making AR or AK platform rifles harder to obtain.. as long as that is all it is.... This ban they are talking about goes much further than that and that is why so many are up in arms.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Knee jerk reaction screaming for more "gun control" without even demanding the facts to the story seems very suspicious to me. Where were all these people when the "Fast and Furious" scandal hit? Providing the deadliest firearms in the industry to murderous Mexican drug cartels seems to have been the time to call for "gun control", but I guess the response hinges on your chosen definition of "gun control". Yes, something very, very wrong with this picture. Also, as the OP has addressed, really makes me wonder why they suddenly seem to be in such a hurry to take away gun rights from law abiding citizens? History repeating itself? I wonder.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

yes the ban will include AR and the variants, Pistol grip stocks, folding and collapsible ie adjustable stocks, fore stocks that could or do mount.. lazer aim scopes, flash lights ect... ect... More than 10 round mags/ (clips)
Ammo in the .223(5.56) 7.62(308) 9mm and 45 cal, now when i say
Ban... that is ban sales to the public,

Grab that is they will come and get them one by one form the current owners i think it will be a cash for gun grab, it your AR is not turned in, by a specific time, then they will come look for it. (a lot of stolen gun reports to be filled out/ to be reported).
there is the ones that will say and do " From my cold dead hands" I know of 2 just like that.

edit on 20-12-2012 by bekod because: line edditing added link

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

Grab that is they will come and get them one by one form the current owners i think it will be a cash for gun grab, it your AR is not turned in, by a specific time, then they will come look for it. (a lot of stolen gun reports to be filled out/ to be reported).

It'll be interesting to see the pittance they offer to people with multi-thousand dollar collections.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ShakaDoodle

the 94 Ban will, be a drop in the bucket compared to what the new ban will be, for one there was no door to door grab nor cash for gun grab, this time there will be
94 did not have a UN SALW treaty ready to be implemented this time there is.
94 they did not nor know what and how a AR or its variant's made it be classified as an Assault weapon ie pistol grip.
Ok get rid of the pistol grip, same gun just a different stock, this time around they want the gun no matte how it looks.
M1 , to bad has more than 5 rounds
M1a1 to bad has detachable mag fixed mag ok
AR to bad detachable mag can be modified by a few parts , stock, fore stock, grip, mag.
Sks some have a fixed bayonet , that will be a no no, get rid of that then ????
AK's same as AR... no pistol grip, fixed mag 5 round only, no folding or collapsible stock, then ???? but then how do you get then ammo it is banned... could be 30cal or 22lr

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

reply to post by DaMod

yes the ban will include AR and the variants, Pistol grip stocks, folding and collapsible ie adjustable stocks, fore stocks that could or do mount.. lazer aim scopes, flash lights ect... ect... More than 10 round mags/ (clips)
Ammo in the .223(5.56) 7.62(308) 9mm and 45 cal, now when i say
Ban... that is ban sales to the public,

there is the ones that will say and do " From my cold dead hands" I know of 2 just like that.

edit on 20-12-2012 by bekod because: line edditing added link

Here's the problem with that. Many states do not require you to register your firearms. That means in those states (and there are a few) the ATF will have no idea how many people actually possess these firearms.

If there is a gun grab, blood will be shed.. lots of it.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

This is true: that you do not need to register your weapon but you still need to pass a back ground check, this will tell them that you do own or intend to own a fire arm, now if you can not or do not show them what that firearm is then you will be fined and or jailed, this is another part of the new Ban/ UN law.

They where just waiting for the right time/ act to bring the hammer down on the second Amendment.

Do not for one minute think that it will end with AR and LCM: large Capacity Mag's (clips) Next on the ban: will be any semi auto weapon shotguns, pistols, and rifles.

Then it will any bolt action that can hold more than one round including pistols (six guns) pump action shot guns, and rifles.
What will be left? Single shot rifles, shot guns, dbl shot guns 5 shot pistols, nothing more.

This is their grand plan, will it work NO but then this is what they want.

DO you get the picture now??? You think it will be a blood bath? No not like an all out war, one by one they will come door to door, this way you can not stand as one, but fall as one.

edit on 20-12-2012 by bekod because: line edditing

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

There is a lot of very bad assumptions with your logic.

The assumption you are making are.

No one inherited, their weapons from their parents.
No one died long after selling, or giving a weapon to someone else.
That the government would have any idea how many weapons that person purchased with that background check.
That the person even purchased that weapon after the background checks had been put in place.
That the weapon was made after the national firearms act of 68 in the first place, and even has a serial number to record.

The number of weapons that fall into those groups, would make up the majority of the weapons in circulation.
You have people that inherited their shotgun from their father, which got it from his father, and he got it from his before him.
You have people that purchased a rifle, and ammo from a man that was getting to old to do that stuff any more, and the old man ended up dieing a while later.
If you purchased three guns with a background check, and you handed them one of the three that you purchased, so they would go away, and hid the other two.
If you, or your father, or friend that you got it off of, purchased them before the instant background check system was even instituted, then there is no record at all that anyone purchased anything.
If the weapon was made before the firearms act of 68 was instated, then it’s production may never have been officially recorded in any record books, besides a total yearly production estimate.

And considering that the 270 million official estimates do not include weapons made before 1947, then your gun probably does not even officially exist according to the government. There is a lot of families that own pre 47 weapons. If it was made before 68, then it’s production may have never been officially recorded, and a serial number assigned. The other thing that leads to the low 270 million number is the very heavy attrition rate/short lifespan of the weapon they calculate into the figures.

Some people have done more realistic estimates for the number of guns in the us by using rough production figures, plus import export figure, combined with a more reasonable attrition rate.

Even including a hefty allowance for outward bound gun smuggling, they put the actual number of firearms in the US at closer to 600 million.

edit on 20-12-2012 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

OH sure give them some ideas of what to look as well, fill in the holes as fast as you can. Now they will have to rethink their plan

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

OH sure give them some ideas of what to look as well, fill in the holes as fast as you can. Now they will have to rethink their plan

They can try to rethink their plans all they want, but when there is no evidence of your rifle existing anywhere in the world outside of the very rifle you hold in you hand. Then they can readjust their strategy all they want, because all they will be doing is chasing their own shadow.

The only hope they would have to confiscate all the guns is raiding every house in the united states. They would have to do a complete ground sweep, and X raying of all walls to try and find all the hidden guns. Beyond the fact that that would initiate a revolt, you also have time issues.

It would take probably two days or more to sweep an entire house, and property. You have over 100 million houses. If you had 100 teams in each state doing sweeps, you would have 5000 teams doing sweeps.

That would take over 40,000 days to sweep every house in the US. That would be 109 years. I will be dead from old age long before such a plan could be carried out.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join