It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They are pushing the control agenda too fast and too hard.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
People here are familiar with the gun control activist from all across the planet shouting in unison, but it is not just this forum. It’s everywhere. You can’t look at anything without getting it jammed in your face. The bodies are not even buried yet, and it’s already gotten to the point that it’s intolerable. I just turned off the radio because the lies and false generalizations were getting past the point that it made me want to scream.

There is a point where the population just says “enough is enough”. They are pushing it way past that point. People’s distaste for the way they are pushing the agenda will far surpass any remorse they had for these children if they keep it up. It has already reached that point with me.

I truly think they have truly overestimated the latitude the incident gave them to work.

That, coupled with the misinformation and doubt that surrounds the shooting, you are just asking for trouble. When you sow doubt into the minds of the population, and then put heat on them, then conspiracy theories will grow. A conspiracy will quickly become mainstream.

If the media keeps pushing this never ending chant, they will be stepping way out of their bounds, and right in front of an oncoming mack truck. They won’t know what hit them.

The convenient timing of the incident. That being right after he was reelected. Along with his talk about doing things “under the table.” Added to the confusion surrounding the shooting. Compounded with the almost instant jump on gun control by almost every media outlet in unison. I would honestly not be surprised if a leaked document would show up talking about initiating such an event for the specified purpose of pushing an agenda.

And, if me, a person that without exception thinks that talk of false flags is pure bull crap, starts to actually think that this is fully within the realm of possibility. Then they are gravely underestimating the backlash that could come from them pushing their agenda at a time like this.

And it isn’t just me. Colorado just set an all time record for back ground checks.

www.gazette.com...

And that is after the shooting, and after all this gun control talk got started up. I would say that it is that way in every state. Keep in mind, people don’t have a lot of money on hand right now. If they are buying weapons in mass even when they have no money to spare, that means they are truly going for broke. The government should not underestimate the gravity of that situation.

Remember, they have the guns, the people wanting to take away their guns should keep in mind the result that can happen if you start tormenting people with guns. And, with the symbolic nature of the coming date, if anything will convince the population to blow up, this is it.

You have sewed doubt in their minds. You threaten that population. You apply heat to that population. You do right before a date symbolizing a coming change.

The government and media is asking for it, big time. It’s almost as if they are intentionally trying to provoke an open revolt. Or it may be that they are just too stupid to see the oncoming freight train.

Time will tell.
edit on 18-12-2012 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
With (jf true) both fathers involved in LIBOR and the reporter who broke the stories children supposedly killed by their Nanny, maybe TPTB have shown their hand and 2012 will bring a revelation!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
For those who did not get my meaning - revelation (divine truth) may = revolution.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Hollywood and the media are quaking in their boots right now. They know that they are part of the problem and any new legislation to address the real problem will include them, not just the NRA or the second amendment. They will try to shove it into the NRA's lap but the truth will come out and reigning them in will be part of that solution as well as the mental health laws.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Yes. Its getting to be a little much.

Almost immediately, after a tragedy, the anti-gun agenda and those wanting it uses the situation to noxiously push it down our throats.

Social Media would make William Hearst blush. Yellow journalism is alive and well, in Social Media. It is definitely the place where the Michael Moore's of the World can tweet their agendas, and opinions. Sportscasters can give their "opinions" on guns at football games, Prime Time. Where people who are cruel make believe they are the killer, and make "fake" accounts, to soil the tragedy as it happened on Facebook.

The NRA decided to pull their Facebook and Twitter sites down, for the simple fact that all it would do, is invite those with this agenda, to their respective Social Media sites.

Yeah, its a bit much.
edit on 18-12-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I couldn't agree more.

You are doing it wrong.......

Last place you should try to get rid of guns is the US and especially like this. This is laughable. It is like some disconnected European sent form the UN is pushing this because he somehow thinks he "knows" Americans from watching our movies and hanging out with some of us.

It is surreal.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Very well written OP.......pushing this agenda at this point is offensive and very disturbing for all the reasons you pointed out. I don't even own a gun, but I believe people do have the right to own them.

I hope you won't mind if I ask a question in this thread that perhaps you or another member could answer, as I had sort of a heated debate today about this with my Mom and Sister, and was at a loss for an answer. What would the benefit be in owning an automatic weapon? They have more bullets? Is the reasoning that in the event of a government takeover they will need weapons powerful enough to "maybe" fight back?

LOL, I know those may sound like silly questions, but I know very little about guns. I knew I couldn't say to my Mom and Sister ,who have completely bought into banning these guns, "Hey people might need them to defend the Country against our own government" Thier not able to "go there" yet...and I guess my job in the family is to try and give alternative view points.....but this one stumps me?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
What would the benefit be in owning an automatic weapon?

Considering how many loaded phrases are running around, I would have to ask for a clarification.

Auto, a as in fully automatic. One pull, several bullets.

Or..

Auto, as in semi auto. One pull, one bullet.

Without clarifying which you are talking about, any discussion is kind of useless babble, as any discussion with your family would be if you did not clarify what is what.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Well, I guess that was my question really, what are the differences between these types of weapons, and now I better understand what semi and fully automatic means. Still not sure how gun owners percieve the benefits of different kinds of guns?

lol.....was hoping to be better informed next time I "babble" with someone about this....

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'm thinking that there is a workaround available at the State level even if they are able to get a ban similar to the '94 ban passed again, using the "well regulated militia" part of the Second Ammendment.

Liberals like to say that only the National Guard is the militia. This is false. The National Guard is both a State and Federal entity with the majority of it's funding provided by the Feds. Many if not most states have little known militias in addition to their National Guards. They have minimal attendance and drill requirements. States have the right to have their own militias outside of Federal oversight. My idea is if a gun ban passes then States pass militia laws that allow people to posses the banned weapons as part of the State Militia. Justin Oldham had an excellent thread about this several years ago, and I'm thinking about starting one with my own ideas.

I'm distrustful of any politician using the emotional response to a tragedy to push an agenda that they posses even when a tragedy is not fresh in anyone's mind.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

Well, I guess that was my question really, what are the differences between these types of weapons, and now I better understand what semi and fully automatic means. Still not sure how gun owners percieve the benefits of different kinds of guns?

lol.....was hoping to be better informed next time I "babble" with someone about this....

Semi autos are extremely helpful when hunting and doing varmint control. It allows you to maintain form, and sight picture between shots. That allows you to quickly re-aim to take follow up shots.

With a bolt action, or lever action, you have to break your stance to operate the feed system. When you break your stance, you break you sight picture. That means that you have to reacquire your target every shot you take. When the target is moving, it is hard enough to keep the target in sight, let alone reacquiring a moving target from scratch after actuating the bolt.

If you shoot something and see that you missed badly, and just wounded him, you can quickly re-aim and take a follow up shot before he takes cover in brush or gets out of range.

If you are doing varmint control, then it allows you to take well aimed shots at several targets in quick secession.

They are also useful in self defense where you may be too startled to be able to operate a bolt/lever action system between shots to engage multiple attackers. The tendency for people to “lock up” when they are presented with an attacker, or multiple attackers is bad enough when they just have to operate a single trigger. It would be hopeless if you had to fight a bolt action, or lever action system while fending for your life.

……………………..
Fully auto is mainly useful for attacking guarded targets. That is why they are classified as “assault rifles”. They are designed to lay a continuous “assault” on an enemy position. They are useful when you don’t have time to take careful aim at an enemy (because he is firing back) You just point the rifle at your enemy, pull the trigger, and sweep the enemy. Law of averages states that if you throw enough lead down range, you will hit something, sooner or later.

………………………
That is why ownership of fully auto rifles are heavily regulated, not semi autos.

All the laws they are wanting to pass will be targeted toward semi autos, which by definition, are not assault rifles, no mater what they look like. Look does not have any bearing over function. No mater the outside look, they are best suited for hunting and self defense, not assaulting an enemy position.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Thanks, that was really helpful and informative. It's a difficult subject to discuss without knowing what the correct terms and uses are for different types of weapons.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I called this as soon as it happened. I'm only surprised at how quickly it ended up coming true. It's like they are at a point where they are saying "Why hide it anymore? The public is oblivious, let's just go all out." Hopefully enough people will wake up and realize this is bs, because tptb are going ahead with the takeover and this is a big test to see how complacent we are.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The only thing I am still coming to grips with, is where the NRA scheduled the press conference for the 21st. OK, we have got people really freaked out over possible coming changes on that date, and you are going to schedule a press conference for that day, so you can publicly fold on your outright support of the second amendment, and people’s right to defend themselves against the government.

There is going to be a lot of very ticked off people.

If you wanted to give people the impression that god was giving them the hint that it was time to rise up and rebel, you couldn’t have picked a better timing if you tried.

As I said, it’s almost like they are trying to provoke a violent revolt where they can instate martial law or some other weird thing like that.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Well maybe some clarification is in order of why people would consider an "assault type weapon" (total misnomer still)...

A lot of people use AR platform rifles for coyote culling as it is essential for a follow up shot not to mention a wide variety of ammunition types as coyotes are not the only predators. As much as people may hate it, farmers often hire hunters to cull predator populations on their land. With the price of pelts (last year was $75 dollars for an undamaged pelt .223 is perfect for this)and the farmers price per head (usually about 35 dollars a coyote or much more for a wolf, cougar or bear). This is because many times predators will start targeting livestock and right or wrong that is big business and the ranchers really are the "little guy". They are usually family ranches some of which do not raise beef for slaughter but sell calves for their income the most obvious target for predators. However there are regulations involved in farmers culling wildlife on their land, all of which is controlled by the game and fish department.

Bird hunters (myself in this one) prefer auto loading (or semi-automatic) shotguns (which I don't know if they will be included in this) for pretty much the same reason. Birds are rarely alone and a semi-automatic provides an advantage. The objective as a bird hunter is to shoot your limit and bring home dinner. Nothing like a roast pheasant..

Many target shooters (shooting sports being extremely popular) prefer AR platform rifles (or AR-15 being the most common) because of their unrivaled customization options and the availability of a large variety of ammunition sizes. Gun owners usually have a favorite round.

Many people prefer them for Home protection usually in the smaller calibers like the .223 rem. This is mostly because it does far less damage to your home (as it shoots a small projectile) than say a shot gun and would still provide all the advantages of a rifle.

And then there are the plinkers. The people that own and fire their AR rifle yet only do so for recreational purposes. They usually just shoot targets and own the rifle simply to shoot for the experience. These gun owners usually own other firearms such as hunting rifles and shotguns.

-------------------------------------

Now some people view guns as a means to commit crimes... for many of us guns are providers.

edit on 20-12-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I am with you. I am one of those people that will debunk the crazy theories when I see them getting out of hand. I have done so on several issues involving thise case. I think people call false flag on everything, but they have been a little to zealous about seizing the day in this case. It almost feels like getting your money's worth or something. I can' explain it, but I don't want to be one of "those guys."

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I have said this for a while now TPTB have to make a power play and they have to make it fast? Why you ask because everyday the average guy and gal is asking what if.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Think about the Chinese aspect of this all...16 trillion dollar debt into the future, do they want an armed populace?

Would they have ways of influencing the way the country heads? Think about it.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Easy answer -- the criminals have all kinds of automatic weapons.

Think about the Mexican cartels storming over the border into Arizona, New Mexico, Texas.

Our gov't has already given them how many automatic weapons.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

Easy answer -- the criminals have all kinds of automatic weapons.

Think about the Mexican cartels storming over the border into Arizona, New Mexico, Texas.

Our gov't has already given them how many automatic weapons.

Every person on both sides if this debate should really think about why they would give guns to criminals and try and take them from the non criminals.

Something is very wrong with this picture and everyone should ask why would they do this?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join