It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Set the gun debate aside for a moment and answer one question please...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
You don't even have to answer it with a post, just think about it and answer yourself.

If you could snap your fingers, and magically transport a gun through time and into the hands of the principal and/or teachers of Sandy Hook as the tragedy was starting to unfold, "Would you do it?"

Be honest with yourself. Would you?

Thanks in advance for your courtesy.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tjack

No, if that were possible I would transport my gun there in my hand and take care of him myself.

edit on 18-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Yes. Without hesitation.

The big question is: If one of the administrators or teachers had been armed (illegally due to it being a "gun free zone") and had stopped the shooter, would anyone be calling for their prosecution? "Gun free zones", although well intentioned, have failed miserably and created the very conditions that they were intended to prevent.
edit on 18-12-2012 by Doc Gator because: punctuation

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Would make a lot more sense to remove the guns he used, which were LEGALLY owned by his mother.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
Would make a lot more sense to remove the guns he used, which were LEGALLY owned by his mother.

Sounds great on paper, but it would only postpone his determination to ultimately achieve what he wants.

(sorry op I think this might turn in to a gun debate despite your request
)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tjack

I would think that the answer is going to be somewhat obvious...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I would, but I'd feel bad for it after. Cause who ever I sent the gun to would loose their job after, even if they did save everyone. Save their life, but loose their livelihood.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Again, the question isn't about what may or may not make more sense (that's the debate part we're setting aside for the moment) the question was "Would you do it?"

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Okay, what fantasy world do you live in...oh yeah, I forgot, the one where you are god.
This will not solve anything. Lets just say, this is the only shooting we know of that Adam was going to do. Take the weapon from him...He will find another and go somewhere else. Better yet, he makes a home made flame thrower and burns all those kids to death by classroom fulls.

Better to eradicate the psycho and not allowing the individual a second chance to complete the initial thought.

Get rid of Jack The Ripper and everything stops.
edit on 18-12-2012 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph

Sounds great on paper, but it would only postpone his determination to ultimately achieve what he wants.

)

These things are very rarely planned, they're an impulse thing with the weapons at hand. People snap.
edit on 18-12-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I am taking real issue with this gun stance that "if only the teachers had guns".

It is abusing the heroic efforts of these teachers. They gave their lives, and protected those babies, dozens and hundreds of them.

They each saved dozens of children, without guns.

So instead of ignoring the heroic efforts of these teachers, who pulled it off under terrifying conditions,using it for your anti-gun control propaganda, focus on how their efforts made a difference. Instead on how we can improve their practises.

Because they managed to save all those students..... without guns.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

)

These things are very rarely planned, they're an impulse thing with the weapons at hand.

Pardon? It takes much planning for all of these shooters. Getting the equipment together, loading up on multiple weapons and ammo, killing mom and dad before you head out... their mind is gone and with diligent planing, they will act on that plan. Remember the planning the went into Columbine?

Sorry op, back on topic,... beam me in!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

)

These things are very rarely planned, they're an impulse thing with the weapons at hand.

Says who?
The guy who shot up the women's gym, planned it for a whole year on a blog.
James Holmes wrote it in a notebook.
Adam Lanza posted it on 4chan.

Rarely planned huh?
Can't wait for James Holmes to say this in court..."I didn't plan this out, I just put the weapon in my hand and dressed like I was going to war."

Im done with you and your responses because you are obviously smoking something.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

)

Pardon? It takes much planning for all of these shooters. Getting the equipment together, loading up on multiple weapons and ammo, killing mom and dad before you head out... their mind is gone and with diligent planing, they will act on that plan. Remember the planning the went into Columbine?

Sorry op, back on topic,... beam me in!

No, it really doesn't. People snap for whatever reason and go on a rampage, almost always with a legally owned gun. This is an observed fact. Anyway, I'm not interested in arguing, that's not what the thread was about. This shooting was made possible by legally owned guns and that's indisputable.
edit on 18-12-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
In a second, without a thought.

Especially after that citizen stopped the shooter at the Newport Mall Saturday night by pulling his concealed weapon.

And the off duty cop stopped a shooter at the San Antonia movie theatre this weekend.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

You keep claiming facts where there are none.

Stealing a legally owned gun is still a crime, who owned the gun doesn't matter.

At least with gun on gun you have a chance to stop them, if they try something else like a bomb you are mostly screwed.

Again I say remember Tim McVeigh and those big planes on 9/11.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tjack

No. If i had the technology for transporting through time, i would go and warn staff, children and the authorities in order to evacuate.

Why does more death always have to be the answer?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjack
You don't even have to answer it with a post, just think about it and answer yourself.

If you could snap your fingers, and magically transport a gun through time and into the hands of the principal and/or teachers of Sandy Hook as the tragedy was starting to unfold, "Would you do it?"

Be honest with yourself. Would you?

Thanks in advance for your courtesy.

Yes and no.

I would send a box load of guns back in time, give each member of school staff one, and then give them a handful of tranquilizer ammunition to shoot at the young man.

If he's dead...we can speculate on why he and others like him do this crap 'till kingdom come, if he's tranqed and alive...we can ask him.

So, yes, i'd send guns back, but only tranq guns.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by SpearMint

You keep claiming facts where there are none.

Stealing a legally owned gun is still a crime, who owned the gun doesn't matter.

At least with gun on gun you have a chance to stop them, if they try something else like a bomb you are mostly screwed.

Again I say remember Tim McVeigh and those big planes on 9/11.

You keep deluding yourself, I wonder how many massacres it will take to knock sense in to people.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
No. And here's why.

"But you can't just leave it at that!" said Anathema, pushing forward. "Think of all things you could do! Good things!"
"Like what?" said Adam suspiciously.
"Well ... you could bring all the whales back, to start with."
He put his head on one side. "An' that'd stop people killing them, would it?"
She hesitated. It would have been nice to say yes.
"An' if people do start killing 'em, what would you have me do about 'em?" said Adam. "No. I reckon I'm getting the hang of this now. Once I start messing around like that, there'd be no stoppin' it. Seems to me, the only sensible thing is for people to know if they kill a whale, they've got a dead whale."

Good Omens.
Terry Prachett and Neil Gaiman

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join