It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Must Watch; The true sentiment of the British!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
When I started this thread, my intention was to show that we are not alone and that our brothers across the pond respected our love for freedom. Look what has happened here, division and infighting between brothers and sisters! I have nothing against our British cousins, I have nothing but the utmost respect. Here is a time when we should be coming together for a common cause, freedom and equality for all. I am truly sorry everyone, I hoped for something different out of this post.

I agree to a degree. However, once you constitute the opinions of another foreign land you have compromised your own land (that is if you're a US citizen). This doesn't mean that we should not at least entertain the opinions of those around the world because we can and have learned from others...but what it does mean is that America is a melting pot of many different beliefs. Millions of people have flocked to our land because of this or that...whatever their reason(s) were/are. Yet, we have rights that many millions do not have. Assault weapons being one.

However, a natural born citizen (I apologize for the separation, but it's true) needs to be careful in making a decision as does any other type of US citizen. We have fought long and hard for what seems to be a bunch of nothingness nowadays IMO. With that being said, when it comes to our Bill of Rights, we as natural born citizens need to examine what it is we need vs. what we want and completely identify its significance within US society not any other nations society.

When the 2nd Amendment was granted/drafted there were no assault weapons as we know them today...please keep this in mind.

Thank you for your writings

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

well apparently, international banking families, the most powerful of which were in england are the big guys i'm talking about. they must've needed the federal government prior to the civil war, to have more centralized powers in order to bring in the central bank and so on. to do this, the states rights had to be trumped by federal law. to do that, they had to have a big enough impetus the states would agree with. the northern states wanted to end slavery (ya know, something about that passage in the new testament that says no more slaves, no more male and female distinction, cause all are one in jesus? that part?) so enough states got onboard to allow the federal government to assume powers it didn't have before that, to make slavery illegal everywhere, even in states that didn't agree. and thus, the civil war.

that ties into the op in that it was the brit bankers who originally inspired the laws that would ultimately allow the slaves to be freed, and the federal government to eventually enslave everyone that worked a job. and the federal government that has inspired the ancestors of the slaves, to blame us, for all the crap that goes down. same thing is happening to the brits now. same banks are running their show. same disregard for the quality of life of the people and the same necessity for guns to protect themselves. and if you don't think so, just search for the video, undercover mosque, on youtube. if you think that's not a pressure cooker waiting to go off in a big way, with an unarmed population of caucasians sitting there like ducks in a shooting gallery, you're in denial.
edit on 19-12-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
Honestly, who give a damn what brits say? They have no concept of what it is to keep the government from your natural rights. They are just miserable people who want everyone to be miserable with them.

Just ignore them. What they say has no bearing an anything.

I am British. you are a dick. At least we don't insist on shooting people left right and centre. All you've done here is confirm what we suspected already. A good portion of America if full of ****

all i know is that we don't have guns in the UK. We don't have a bi-weekly mass shooting. The facts speak for themselves. It's time to give up this idiotic YEEE HAAAA attitude and get rid of all arms in your society. Until then, this will continue to happen and Americans will continue to blame everything but themselves as the cause.
edit on 19-12-2012 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
That video does NOT represent the British people.

That video is about a bunch of upper class twits who are boo hooing because they can't go out and shoot poor defenseless creatures for sport (note I said sport, not food/survival)

This video is a load of crap propaganda that most Brits will shake their heads at.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

This made me laugh, its like you're trolling its that bad.
Britain's fine without guns, I've seen one real gun in my life and never felt threatened.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

I'm not allowed to swear at you on here so I wont but believe me, If I could, I would open up a whole tins worth on you.

How dare you say that. Have you ever been to Britain?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
See it is the same old mud slinging across the Atlantic today then. Getting rather bored with it to be honest.

Can we not just accept that something terrible happened and it is up to America how to respond? If they are happy to live with this sort of thing, that is their choice.

The vitriol pouring from both sides of the Atlantic because of this is not only stupid, it is often completely unintelligible (baseless and wholly inaccurate).

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Hmm, The Paranoia is strong in this one.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Rubbish !

Most of us DO NOT WANT GUNS ON THE STREET !

We have very little gun crime, BECAUSE, we have strict gun laws.

And as for people pretending to be from here, the mods can just check our IP addresses in our registration email reply.

YOU and your mates may want guns but most of us bloody well don't !

e2a : and most of us don't go bloody fox hunting ! That is pastime for the aristocrats, the posh, the rich.

How dare you present such a minority-content video and pretend it represents most of us.

QV.

edit on 19-12-2012 by qvision because: add

edit on 19-12-2012 by qvision because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Originally posted by Maxatoria
Theres 1,000,000 (a million roughly) people with legal access to firearms in the UK so to consider the fact that probably 1 in 60-70 has access to a weapon doesn't make us quite the disarmed country that people think we are and if thats the ratio for one of the most hardcore anti weapon countries in the world we aint that unarmed should we need it for defense and there's 4 shops at least within a short drive that sell guns and if i needed to tell the state to f---off then i'd be able to be armed withing an hour

In this scenario you described are you the only one that needs to tell he state to F off? If you are not let me ask are you the closest person to these stores if you are not then I hope you can fight very well and dodge bullets because you will not be the only person there. Usually the first come first served applies in those situations. You think it would be nice and orderly where everyone shares? Thanks for the laugh because that is the most naive thing I have heard in weeks.

Try being prepared.

Small city, It would just be me and MAX grabbing the guns...Everyone else would be ransacking the shops for fags and booze. Priorities...guns first, then whole yourself in the pub. Winning. Besides we don't have to worry about the state, the Goverment forgot we exist years ago.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Tis the British way.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

How's that for a slice of deep fried gold?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I am tossing a link up for a thread I just made ( I know shameless). It will explain what exactly happened to the UK and their gun rights. It's not like they/you guys have been without guns rights for long, but you settled into it pretty quickly (or so American media would have us think?).

Gun Banning - Why would gun control measures that didn't work in the UK, work in the U.S.? (Hungerford, Dunblane, Cumbria)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
I believe I speak for 99% of the British public when I say, we mostly believe that an outright ban on guns should be enforced in the US, period.

And to the poster above me, guns don't make you free, it's an illusion. In fact if you compare our two countries, I believe you would find we here in Britain are actually more so than the US citizens.

For one, little kids don't get the pat down in airports here.
edit on 18-12-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

Sorry Dazzer...you'd be totally wrong then...'we' believe nothing of the sort.

I'd like to see the evidence you are basing your opinion that 99% of Brits support a gun ban in the US.

China recently stated that they support a gun ban in America...like you, and your mythological 99% of our countrymen, my question is, what the hell has American internal politics on gun ownership got to doi with China, GB, or indeed you or I?

What possible difference can guns in America make to the Chinese? Or to Britain?

None...exept perhaps to show the world that ordinary citizens in the USA have what we should have here and elsewhere in the world...the healthy fear of the people instilled into government and it's agencies to keep them on the straight and narrow, and the means to effectively defend our families from deliberate and violent harm, from whatever quarter that originates from.

Harsh words won't protect you or members of your family from a knife weilding gang of violent, idiot thugs.

A 9mm through the brain works every time.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Honestly, who give a damn what brits say? They have no concept of what it is to keep the government from your natural rights. They are just miserable people who want everyone to be miserable with them.

Hmmm, sometimes I wonder how the world would have turned out like if the British empire had have slaughtered and massacred Americans to the point of surrender during its pathetic uprising instead of walking away. it worked everywhere else.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender

Hmmm, sometimes I wonder how the world would have turned out like if the British empire had have slaughtered and massacred Americans to the point of surrender during its pathetic uprising instead of walking away. it worked everywhere else.

When will they learn eh? Haha Americans need to realise they're country is our little brother, stuck in neverland, never growing up.
The funny thing is, the american who wrote that is most likely part British and a little bit native american, which is what makes up an american citizen.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by repeatoffender

Americans to the point of surrender during its pathetic uprising

Sorry, off topic but i can't get over how much that bit of your post reminded me of the Sith Emperor
edit on 19-12-2012 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

IMO you are an obvious disinfo agent who quite readily came up with CIA from mention of Langley, something that many here couldn't do. I could think of no other reason my British brothers would be so bothered by our second amendment right.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
reply to post by Freeborn

IMO you are an obvious disinfo agent who quite readily came up with CIA from mention of Langley, something that many here couldn't do. I could think of no other reason my British brothers would be so bothered by our second amendment right.

Stop sniffing crushed candy canes..

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join