It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Mars Mystery.....?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Hello,

This is something I found on google mars and was just wondering what it could be.
I wasn't sure where to put it so stuck it here in the gray area but move it if need be.

Here are the photos. you will need to scroll right to see all.

Visible Filter,

Infrared Filter.

the pattern seems kind of odd to me to be natural although I do see it is in a circular pattern like it could be a crater but I could find no other evidence of any other crater creating these patterns either on Mars or the Moon.

Any thoughts on what could create this?

thanks for your time.

The area I am talking about is the straight lines, horizontal and vertical as outlined here

edit on 18-12-2012 by Sakrateri because: try to make it more clear

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
thats the local BMX track for Mars children.

ok joking a side, what should I be looking at? You went to the trouble of screen grabbing and uploading it...surely you could circle or provide a little but more information.
edit on 18-12-2012 by blackspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
added a circled picture above.

Hope it helps you to see it.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I think it would most likely be weather effects. Being a dusty surface and frequent to dust storms. One storm fades, the next picks up and carry's on, etc etc.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackspirit
I think it would most likely be weather effects. Being a dusty surface and frequent to dust storms. One storm fades, the next picks up and carry's on, etc etc.

I would have to disagree. If it was due to dust storms, the weathering pattern would be the same.
My guess, if this planet did at one time have liquid, this looks like water run off to me.
Then once the planet dried out, it solidified like cement due to the mixture of different elements.
In the pictures, you can definitely see what would look like something has pooled up there before. The same thing happens on our planet.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Isn't this the so called "Inca City"??

Edit:
Yes it is:
www.msss.com...
edit on 18.12.2012 by grobi77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Thanks for that, Mods delete please!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sakrateri

I don't see this getting deleted you raised it and someone answered it maybe someone else might come along and debunk that other person. Think before starting embarrassing threads.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
embarrassing thread? I'm not embarrassed at all, I wanted to know what may cause these features and someone directed me to a place with an answer so the thread is no longer needed.

Or you just trollin?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
What you've found has done the rounds on internet 'anomaly' websites for years mate.

They refer to the formations as 'The Inca City'.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

they don't really have an answer on the link I posted - only theories:

While the new MOC image shows that "Inca City" has a larger context as part of a circular form, it does not reveal the exact origin of these striking and unusual martian landforms.

Keep this thread going...I like the circularity of the features

edit on 18.12.2012 by grobi77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It's probably just a crater. But if I let my fantasy do the job, I would think of it as a map that was meant to be found long before it was burried it dust and sand. Maybe a map of a solar system? Or a galaxy, divided in different sections for us to find one day
Heheheh..

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Ok, if you really want to keep this going.

This is what really caught my eye in this area that I was going to keep to myself but see what you think.

compare this,

to this,

just my mind or a resemblance?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sakrateri
Ok, if you really want to keep this going.

This is what really caught my eye in this area that I was going to keep to myself but see what you think.

compare this,

to this,

just my mind or a resemblance?

I was thinking it looked more like this...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Interesting pic. What I see is this:

A couple of things that look sort of like primitive animal sketches. The larger thing could be a vessel of some sort, on water, maybe, with that odd star (containing a circle)on the top. A suggestion of a face down at the bottom.

Overall, the various lines remind me of old cave drawings.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
And what about this which was the topper for me,

look well at this area,

look anything like this?

A very intriguing place for sure.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It looks to me like an overlay of the earth, please see image below I have made.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by unitedeufope

Updated now I found where to add images to page.

It looks to me like an overlay of the earth, please see image below I have made.

top topics

join