It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold frankincense and mehr

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Ok so I was talking about the three wise men today at work , and the lady that sits across from me said that it was funny I mentioned this because , her sister works in a school and one of the other teachers was teaching the kids about the birth of jesus christ.

So the teacher is explaining about the three wise men and how they brought the three urns of Gold Frankincense and Mehr.

So the little kid asks , "why was jesus so poor if the wise man brought him all that gold?" The teacher stumped couldnt provide an answer!

So what happened to this newly acquired wealth? did Joseph expand his carpentry business or did he put it in a trust fund for wee baby jesus !

Just a question for the religious minded of you all , not a conspiracy , just an explanation is all that is required

thoughts ?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

Explanation: S&F!

So the little kid asks , "why was jesus so poor if the wise man brought him all that gold?" The teacher stumped couldnt provide an answer!

Out of the mouth of babes!

Personal Disclosure: I am an avid reader of the bible and that obvious thing eluded me! :shk:

However to get back on topic ... they went to Egypt for refuge until Herod died and that probably cost them a very pretty urn or 3.

I hope this helps!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
According to the biblical narrative, the family spent several years in exile in Egypt, hiding from Herod's wrath.

Perhaps they lived on those gifts during their time of exile. This is, in fact, a common assumption.
edit on 18-12-2012 by incoserv because: correction

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

It is my understanding that it does not articulate anywhere in the NT that Jesus was poor (not wealthy).

References to him leading a rich or poor life, imo, are from a spiritual perspective.

In fact, the debate whether he was wealthy or not is quite prevalent - type in "was Jesus wealthy or poor" in Google and have a read.
edit on 18-12-2012 by Sublimecraft because: spelling / grammar

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Jesus' family was more than just some poor carpenters. Just because his wealth wasn't kingly doesn't mean he wasn't well off. I have read some interesting links on this sight about Jesus and who he was thought ot be.
Go to the search function and type in "the real story the church doesn't want you to know" it will be a forum explaining how jesus was crucified. It also explains a little of Jesus' history and bloodline.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Gift taxes are a real bitch.

top topics

join