It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"It's Christmas, It's time for Jesus to come out."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Jesus may have been progressive in more ways than one, according to a new billboard in Auckland. The St Matthew in the City billboard, which is released each Christmas, this year depicts the baby Jesus in his crib surrounded by a halo of rainbow colours. "It's Christmas," the billboard reads. "It's time for Jesus to come out." Reverend Glynn Cardy said the sign was about trying to lift the humanity of Jesus. "The fact is we don't know what his sexual orientation was." While some conservative Christians might point to the more absolutist parts of the Old Testament as proof of the Messiah's sexual preferences, Cardy said that homosexuality was not even a word until the 19th century. Any mention of it would therefore have been a mistranslation.

Church Billboard: Was Jesus gay?

Would it make any difference if Jesus was gay? What would this mean for you and how would this image we have from Jesus change?

Last year Cardy also made the news with a picture of Maria holding a pregnancy test in her hand. It was removed by Catholic fundamentalists.

edit on 18-12-2012 by citizenoftheworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Sounds like they just want attention or something, because this is probably the stupidest Jesus conspiracy to date. They admit they have no idea what his sexual orientation was, so why even ask?

Plus, wasn't he supposedly married to Mary Magdeline? Which conspiracy do they want?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Reads like -

" Look at me, look at me! I'm publishing a controversial billboard! Ooo, I'm so progressive! Gimme some attention!"

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I do not believe in Jesus or God for that mather so I don't really care about it if he was. But here are some interesting quotes from an article.

Jesus was a Hebrew rabbi. Unusually, he was unmarried. The idea that he had a romantic relationship with Mary Magdalene is the stuff of fiction, based on no biblical evidence. The evidence, on the other hand, that he may have been what we today call gay is very strong. But even gay rights campaigners in the church have been reluctant to suggest it. A significant exception was Hugh Montefiore, bishop of Birmingham and a convert from a prominent Jewish family. He dared to suggest that possibility and was met with disdain, as though he were simply out to shock.

That disciple was John whom Jesus, the gospels affirm, loved in a special way. All the other disciples had fled in fear. Three women but only one man had the courage to go with Jesus to his execution. That man clearly had a unique place in the affection of Jesus. In all classic depictions of the Last Supper, a favourite subject of Christian art, John is next to Jesus, very often his head resting on Jesus's breast. Dying, Jesus asks John to look after his mother and asks his mother to accept John as her son. John takes Mary home. John becomes unmistakably part of Jesus's family.

Was Jesus Gay? Probable

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Of course he was gay, he wasn't married and hung around with lots of unmarried men. Bent as a nine bob note.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizenoftheworld
I do not believe in Jesus or God for that mather so I don't really care about it if he was. But here are some interesting quotes from an article.

Jesus was a Hebrew rabbi. Unusually, he was unmarried.

Jesus was a traveling Rabbi, for whom it would have been unusual for him to have BEEN married.

Rabbis appointed to synagogues were required to be married, but such a state would have been problematic for a traveler, so there was no such requirement for them.

Amazing that someone would take the word of the Bible that Jesus was "a Hebrew rabbi", ignore the fact that the same book makes it pretty clear that Jesus was asexual, and simply assumes from the first fact that he was gay.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DPrice
Of course he was gay, he wasn't married and hung around with lots of unmarried men. Bent as a nine bob note.

... because every 30 year old male who isn't married is automatically gay, huh?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

In those days, yes.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by citizenoftheworld

Jesus is always out! If you try to speak to him and open yourself up to Jesus, you will be amazed at the changes in your life!

Call me whatever you want, but there is tons of truth to this statement, my relationship is excellent with Jesus....

God bless to all, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Awesome time of the year and a great celebration to the birth and life of Jesus Christ our lord and saviour!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I'm not formilier with the bible but what about his special relationship with disciple John?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Considering that homosexual lusts are a sign of reprobation, being given over by God to do what your carnal flesh desires and thus receive "in themselves the due penalty for their perversion", this man is not a Christian but one of numerous blasphemous wolves in sheep's clothing plaguing the Christian community - yet a type of "faux Christian" loved by the unbelieving world and sin loving Christians who descend further and further into friendship with their sin and love of the world.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by citizenoftheworld

Blasphemy and heresy is nothing new,

It's been around for thousands of years,

And to say the Incarnate Torah would violate Himself is absolutely absurd,

This thread is ludicrous

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Isn't it so transparent how this thread hasn't been put into the trashbin?

If it was about a Jewish Holy one or an Islamic holy one ...mmm I wonder where this thread would be.

I guess Christians turn the other cheek...like the man said.

top topics

join