It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WSJ: Use of the Internet was forbidden during Japan's election campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

WSJ: Use of the Internet was forbidden during Japan's election campaign

Source

... a 1950 law that forbids distribution of images and literature during the official campaign period, [is] a prohibition interpreted as applying to most online electioneering. During this past campaign, candidates refrained from tweeting, blogging, posting on Facebook and updating their Websites.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18-12-2012 by WhereIsTheBatman because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2012 by WhereIsTheBatman because: Formatting

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The book "1984" has surpassed its expectations. I hope what is about to come is not the end of the world, but a mass awakening that will make us realize we all need to change and come together if we want to beat the evil powers that govern and control us.

If you think that companies like Facebook, Google, Twitter and Linkedin are operating for the benefit of their users and out of altruism, you might be disappointed.

Control the media, control the minds. Hearts and minds, remember?
Source
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 18-12-2012 by WhereIsTheBatman because: Formatting

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Hmm personally I think you're mis-interpreting that particular law. It's designed to make it harder for the election candidates to influencing the publics decision. In that respect I think it's a great idea. No propoganda pieces, just a candidate with a list of things they want to do and then after that it's upto the public to decide. None of this silly hiring celebrities to win the popularity vote etc.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I agree with Lord.

People forget laws have usually been instituted for a reason. And if this law keeps the Japanese elections from getting as dirty as those of the US, all the better. This also leaves less room for politicians to lie and more room for people to hold them accountable in case they go back on their election promises.

top topics

join