my 102 year old great grandmother had a dream about friday.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
Well, that does it. Some random guy on the internet claims his grandmother had a nightmare about the world ending.

Time to say your prayers, people. We don't have much time left.

That and the 2012 myth isn't NEW .. some people have been studying it since the 70s.. there's been books about it for a long time.. .. It's had plenty of time to leak into her subconscious ..

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by fizliz

"Why does age matter?" I think it's not necessarily age thats relevant, its just that at this old, you are getting close to your finals moments here on this earth.

But if the world truly ends Friday, we'd all be nearing our final moments right now, and age would yet again be irrelevant.

Shhh ..Logic is often frowned upon here .. people who think with logic are usually labeled disinformation agents in this world =)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
and the angel said it would be friday?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

No one is saying its the end of the world..its the end of time..a new age..

Just like ages existe before...dark ages..bronze ages...etc....a new age approaches...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Know it’s all going to be over soon. And in saying so, maybe some rich sap out there could spare a few bucks so I can fly out to Vegas and purchase a top notch hooker for my last few moments on planet earth? My wife said that she would even be willing to join in! If nothing does happen, I promise I’ll send you a video the next day…
edit on 18-12-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

nuclear war??
or something from outerspace....."reptilians"-demons, or angels

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

You're grandmother is right. We(the federal government) do have a big surprise planned for everyone. I can't give away any details but we've done several successful test runs with top secret systems in the Arctic. You guys are in for a show.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
edit on 18-12-2012 by canadianalien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
pellian, When I read your great-grandmother's description of the sky breaking apart, I thought of this

www.youtube.com...#!

It is described as a "light show" and I would call it trompe l' oeil.

As a Christian, I don't really subscribe to the December 21, 2012 theory, but that's only 1 of the reasons.

Be safe & well.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by glassspider

Originally posted by ProperlyErrant

Originally posted by glassspider
reply to post by FoxMulder91

Then I suppose it's the in between, unexpected horrendous events you'll have to look out for, which evidently, by your books, you can't look out for them!

Good luck!

i may just be tired but that sentence doesn't seem to make any sense at all???? If it helps i speak dutch and english a response in one of these languages that makes sense would be cool.
edit on 18-12-2012 by glassspider because: (no reason given)

It was contextually in response to his rhetoric regarding 'doomsday' dates and how the reality is that anything that is terrible, usually happens unexpectedly, the "in between" the doomsday dates.

Is this not closer to reality than what most people here are garbling about?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ProperlyErrant

Yeah i dont disagree that this planet is prone to world changing catastrophes. its just the dreams and predictions fear mongering that i have issues with. predictions that never come true and get repeated again and again. also this thread is from someone who posted a thread telling people who think they can dream the future to get real then magically the very next day has this experience with his nan who has never heard of 2012 thing and never had a bad dream in her life (both suspicious statements) clearly a made up bit of nonsense for attention. if you look at the other threads by the same author the majority are a couple of lines saying something contentious and suggesting other people who disagree are dumb then they leave thread for other people to squabble in. or complete fantasy threads about. meeting extra dimensional beings. we really are wasting our time with this thread.
be well

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by canadianalien

Good one. at least now all the people swallowing this can remember when they see this name to disregard anything in the thread

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Disturbing/bizarre dreams are commonfor the elderly in a nursing home

I am familiar with the behaviors of older people in nursing homes.

Many elderly who live in LTC facilities experience some from anxiety/depression in some form or another. Many are discouraged, saddened, and sometimes even angry that they cannot do things for themselves anymore.

Many are cooped up in their confined rooms for months on end, or at least free to only roam freely within the confines of the home. Many do not go outside for months at a time. Dreams such as these can also be manifested from urinary tract infections, which can be very serious in the elderly, and can cause thoughts of delusion, hallucinations, severe confusion, and outright bizarre behavior and even permanent damage to the brain and motor functions if not caught quick enough. Not only UTI's, but Dementia can also present itself through varying forms of these behaviors. There are also many underlining medical conditions/mental issues that can cause an altered levels of consciousness.

I've listened to some personal accounts of disturbing dreams that some have had which are clearly manifested from their personal fears, depression, and anxiety. Every day life for them is often very exhausting and frustrating.

I won't not state any names or details because of legal privacy.

In conclusion, there are many logical, medical and psychological causes for dreams like these, rather than concluding it might be a vision of the future.

EDIT: I also wanted to add that many residents in nursing homes, who are able, tend to watch tv mostly all day in their rooms. Maybe your grandma seen too much bad news on tv. That mixed with the fact that she may have been raised religiously in her time could account for why she had these thoughts of angels in her dreams. Religion can sometimes play a big role in the lives of the elderly and their wellbeing (as well as anyone else) naturally.

edit on 19-12-2012 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

In that case, I have some extensive medical bills that I can't afford.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by pellian

So she never mentioned FRIDAY or 21/12/12?

This thread title needs amending, but then it wouldn't be worth posting would it?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by pellian
This is getting real freaky here. I just visited my great grandmother who is very ill in a midwestern nursing home. She lived a nice life and and all never made up stories or ever had a bad dream in her entire life. i was with her with my sister and she told me that an angel came to her and said that she will be leaving our world very soon and we should seek cover. Now she doesn't know a thing about 2012 but The crazy thing was that she said in her dream the angel showed her the sky breaking apart and people running to and fro. The rest she tried to say but couldn't articulate the words. i am real scared. I hope that nothing happens.

It is common for the eldery to know approximately when they are going to die. I don't know how they do it but they can feel it coming so this premonition of death is not so unusual in someone that old. She WILL be leaving this world very soon. She is 102 so that is a given. I also would suspect any angel who tells a woman in a nursing home to "seek cover." That is just scaring an old lady and I don't think angels are allowed to do that.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by pellian
This is getting real freaky here. I just visited my great grandmother who is very ill in a midwestern nursing home. She lived a nice life and and all never made up stories or ever had a bad dream in her entire life. i was with her with my sister and she told me that an angel came to her and said that she will be leaving our world very soon and we should seek cover. Now she doesn't know a thing about 2012 but The crazy thing was that she said in her dream the angel showed her the sky breaking apart and people running to and fro. The rest she tried to say but couldn't articulate the words. i am real scared. I hope that nothing happens.

It is common for the eldery to know approximately when they are going to die. I don't know how they do it but they can feel it coming so this premonition of death is not so unusual in someone that old. She WILL be leaving this world very soon. She is 102 so that is a given. I also would suspect any angel who tells a woman in a nursing home to "seek cover." That is just scaring an old lady and I don't think angels are allowed to do that.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by pellian

I worked in a nursing home for years ,believe me those folks gossip a lot......and they also participate in each other business like no other,sometimes they have people that is more alert than others and younger , so they lead the topic of the day......

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
After about 80, the older people get, the more rock solid their testimony is.

When a person over 100 years old says something, it's rarely the words of a person whose mental faculties have been slowing draining away over about a 50 year period.

I agree with others that this may be the smoking gun, rather than the warped ramblings of a crazy old lady, who also said some stuff that was not coherent, and probably not even words as we know them. Time to hanker down, folks.
edit on 19-12-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by parkourer
I´am starting to recognize a pattern that kind of scares me, will make a thread about this soon...

Don't, please.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join