It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A worrying thought about The Divine

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by arpgme

If this is true, then there cannot be an agreed upon truth, not even acceptance or freedom because how would we know that they don't enjoy slavery or intolerance to life (and therefore struggling) if we can not know for sure anything?

The truth about everything is that it is. Our truth is that we are. If there is slavery, it is neither good or bad. It just is. Soo since that is the way things actually are, how should you be? Judgement free, in my opinion, is the way to be, and it is the way to be closest to the truth. If you are judgement free, you are also free.

But if you don't say anything then it could be you next. If something caught on fire about to burn your valuable and loved ones but you just accept the fire consuming everything and growing from small to huge - and say, the fire "is"?

I understand how freeing it can be to stick with the "Be in the now" , "Everything just is" , "Relax and accept - don't worry" philosophy, but a line has to be drawn some where, right?

If we allow suffering of people nearby us it may be us next.

If we just say destructive behavior just "is" there is no good or bad - we still suffer and so do people from the pain (physical) and the unnecessary loss when they could have just stopped it.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackyMenace

You are ridiculous. Do you not do anything because everything is what it is? There is no better or worse? You're full of it, bra. I'm going to bed.

p.s. Everything you say has no credibility because you think lizards orgasm by breaking limbs.
edit on 18-12-2012 by JackyMenace because: (no reason given)

I never said that they do, only that you don't know if they don't. Unless you feel what lizards feel.

No I do whatever I want because even my own actions are what they are. Choices are neither good nor bad either.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Putting out fires is an acceptable action too. Not putting it out would be acceptable too. It doesn't matter.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

I let me inner voice tell me whats right or wrong. I know it never lies to me. To me Divine means connecting with the inner voice.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

Putting out fires is an acceptable action too. Not putting it out would be acceptable too. It doesn't matter.

So if it doesn't matter either way, why do anything all? How do you know which actions to take then? If you say "whatever action arises in the moment" that basically means whatever you feeling like taking right?

So if that is the case, you should be telling people about unconditional pleasure (doing what you want that arises in the moment) instead of unconditional acceptance.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I let me inner voice tell me whats right or wrong. I know it never lies to me. To me Divine means connecting with the inner voice.

I believe the answer you seek may be in my post above.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Yes, your answer makes sense. This is what I tend to do. Even if I keep my mind silent without thought, I am still reacting from my emotional state - my response to stimuli.

I wonder how does Smithjustinb do it though if everything is to be seen as equally good (including pain that we can simply avoid if there is a choice)?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I wonder how does Smithjustinb do it though if everything is to be seen as equally good (including pain that we can simply avoid if there is a choice)?

I think your question really highlights the crux of ascension. As people ascend higher to the spirit they naturally feel less pain as they are more closer to the true source of their inner voice. I think Smithjustinb is at a higher ascended level and therfore doesnt feel the pain that someone lower in ascended level will feel.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

&o whatever you want. Just don't base an action off of anything that is subjective, like morals. There are no rules for one who is free. But in order to be able to do this, you have to first get rid of concepts of right and wrong. Otherwise, you'll keep referring to it for guidance. Therefore, you will be a slave to your beliefs.
edit on 18-12-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by arpgme

I think your question really highlights the crux of ascension. As people ascend higher to the spirit they naturally feel less pain as they are more closer to the true source of their inner voice. I think Smithjustinb is at a higher ascended level and therfore doesnt feel the pain that someone lower in ascended level will feel.

Two things that I found about avoiding pain is this:

1) Putting high expectations will usually lead to disappointment

2) You are a slave to desire, so the less you have the more free you are since you are less dependent on other "things" to make you feel "whole" or "happy". I don't think you can get rid of all desires like "to survive" (eat, drink, sleep) for example, but lessening it will lead to a lot less disappointment.

3) Stay more by yourself than with other people. This will help you to think your own thoughts in your freedom to see how YOU feel in your own space. It will also allow you to not get too attached to people and it can free you from people telling you to do so many things and trying to control you.

So these are so things that I find to be generally true from observation...

reply to post by arpgme

Do whatever you want. Just don't base an action off of anything that is subjective, like morals. There are no rules for one who is free. But in order to be able to do this, you have to first get rid of concepts of right and wrong. Otherwise, you'll keep referring to it for guidance. Therefore, you will be a slave to your beliefs.

Yea, I wasn't talking about morality. I was talking about preventing others from gaining control over you. If someone is controlling and destructive and you allow them to keep doing that to people, they'll keep growing in more influence controlling more people until they eventually get you, and then if you finally do act when they get you it'll be to late when you could have done something before to prevent it.

I see what you mean though. I agree no need for unnecessary suffering.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

1) Putting high expectations will usually lead to disappointment

2) You are a slave to desire, so the less you have the more free you are since you are less dependent on other "things" to make you feel "whole" or "happy". I don't think you can get rid of all desires like "to survive" (eat, drink, sleep) for example, but lessening it will lead to a lot less disappointment.

3) Stay more by yourself than with other people. This will help you to think your own thoughts in your freedom to see how YOU feel in your own space. It will also allow you to not get too attached to people and it can free you from people telling you to do so many things and trying to control you.

So these are so things that I find to be generally true from observation...

Your right on all three points. I find on 3) i am doing this more now, i find in my own space i can ponder my own mind and feelings. I find many people will try and deliberately inject their own ideas into my head, which the underlying motive appears to be to get control of me. 2) this emboddies buddism to eliminate earthly desires. This is the path to ascension.
1) this is generally true in real life

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If someone is a threat to your way of life, do what you gotta do to remain free. Freedom is the closest thing to your true self. An oppressor though isn't bad or good, and neither is oppression itself. All is a manifestation of the one creator. Do what makes you happy and you will be happy.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoujikina

Being God doesn't mean you have to have a heart.

I think being immortal would make anyone mean and indifferent. There are no consequences.
edit on 12/18/2012 by PrplHrt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You are a psychopath, and I don't mean that in a mean way, I mean it in the literal sense. I would avoid you because you seem like a potentially dangerous person.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JackyMenace

I think your assessment is rather severe. Some of us have not always been free in certain ways. We will fight tooth and nail to maintain our freedom(s).

There's nothing wrong with that.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackyMenace

You are a psychopath, and I don't mean that in a mean way, I mean it in the literal sense. I would avoid you because you seem like a potentially dangerous person.

Lol. I am neither dangerous nor not dangerous. It depends on who you ask. Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuubjective. Just like right and wrong. Subjective. Subjective. Subjective. FALSE.

My beliefs don't make me dangerous, but your fear makes you a wus. So run and hide. You're the type of person who will bow down to authority and allow them to rob you of your freedom. Yeeeeah... Have a nice life.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You are only a slave to desire if you are controlled by fear. And the only thing to fear is that which you have erroneously determined to be, "bad".

Take the poster above who called me "dangerous" for example. He/she said he/she would stay away from me because he/she believes I am "dangerous". The subjective determination of "dangerous" led to the fear exemplified through avoidance. You see? He/she made a choice through desire based on a subjective lie and therefore is a slave to lies.

When desire(will) comes directly from freedom and not from false beliefs, then desire is a slave to you.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

When desire(will) comes directly from freedom and not from false beliefs, then desire is a slave to you.

Yup, and this is why there is power in not staying in the mind but focusing on presence (what's here). Here is a paraphrase of something I once heard a spiritual teacher saying:

Focus on Action less, focus on Speech more
Focus on Speech less, focus on Thought more
Focus on Thought less, focus on Feeling more
But, ultimately, focus on relaxing into the knowing of the magnificence of life.

edit on 18-12-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The experience can be magnificent or mundane. So what is the truth?

The truth is that wherever there is experience, there is a creator of it. The creator is the absolute. Although, the absolute cannot be observed, the absolute is what is true. Everything is you. This experience is choosing to do what you are choosing for it to do.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Honestly, you need help. You really, really do. You took something I originally said completely out of context, got upset with it, started arguing with me and telling me I'm wrong and you are right with complete absolution. Until you seek help, I am never talking to you on here again. You have started becoming aggressive and I cannot continue this conversation. Talk to a councilor, or I fear you will never have any true life. Done.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join