It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12/12/12 UFO Picture taken on Hong Kong flight

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It has become apparent that nobody can find definitive answers by photo manipulating the picture.

What we need now is the original photograph and extract the EXIF data out of it. I would do it myself, but I'm at work and don't have the tools necessary to do it. It's not hard though, and I'm sure someone here should know how to do it.

The problem is you need to have the original photo. If the only copy available is from the OP, you can still extract EXIF data from it, but because it was "published" in an article, it very well was probably manipulated (resized, cropped etc) which would have either appended or deleted the original EXIF data stored in the photo.

Come on guys, hit this up! Challenge awaits!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Off topic but are you skyer from thehoaxkiller.com ??

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pcchris

Uh, nope. Only website I use for Conspiracy / UFO stuff is ATS. Been here for a number of years now.
Why do you ask?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

i was searching google images for the original hong kong ufo photo (to extract the camera data in photoshop) and came across this guy who shares your avatar...nothing much

thehoaxkiller.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pcchris

Oh yeah it's pretty common. There's another poster on ATS with it too. I like it because I do IT / Cybersecurity professionally, so I thought it was fitting

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Right now I am in the process of turning this picture into a more high resolution picture.

Along my way, I discovered an interesting part going through the resolution edits. I couldn't save the picture using GIMP because it turned out blurry in my MS Paint...so I took a screen shot of my work and pasted it in MS Paint to save it.

Here is what I discovered so far....

It seems the smudging is caught in a particular inversion process I am doing. If my finding proves to be significant, we are on our way to a hoax picture yet again.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

lol i bet half of us on ATS are in some field of IT (conspiracies and ufo's are just a side effect of our interests)
im only A+ certified at the moment and working on my net+ ...what course would i have to take to jump on the security side CompTIA Security+?

(This is the last question im asking zeeon people not trying to thread jack)
edit on 18-12-2012 by pcchris because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2012 by pcchris because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

This is messed up! i was really hoping the smudging was some energy field around the craft >:-/

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Right now I am in the process of turning this picture into a more high resolution picture.

That cannot be done. You cannot obtain more information than is in the "original" image.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Sorry, my computer skills aren't up to others par. I can't do a lot of other things people do like Gif's and side by side with enhancement, etc. All I got is my Mark One eyeballs... the best I can do is outline the square I think I see. This is close...

My screen shot actually dulled the original but you can still see the "dark vertical line" to the left of the object and the "light blue one" below it in the top image. Riiight about where I placed the black outline.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
So I finished with process the original image to a better resolution...you can clearly see that the image does not look original with the camera used:

Here is a side by side comparison of the picture....it is clear to me this was a photoshopped and edited picture.

Therefore, may I be the first to claim HOAX!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pillock

edit on 18-12-2012 by NONPOINT21 because: duplicate

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

That cannot be done. You cannot obtain more information than is in the "original" image.

It is called layering and duplicate layering, manipulation and merging layers....have you ever done this before Phage? It appears you are out of touch with software. It is a tedious process, but my last post clearly shows my work on this photo.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The box in the picture was in fact "smudged" or "smoothed" out using software...and this I caught in the picture enhancement process....good logical thinking

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by pillock
reply to post by upgrader

you have to turn your phones off when you fly.
Turning your phone on to get a picture takes a while

Not true at all, you have to turn them off during takeoff and landing not while in the air, hence why your phone has airplane mode on it. OOPS

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

It is called layering and duplicate layering, manipulation and merging layers

Yes. It's called manipulation. You cannot increase the resolution of an image.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
any ufo evidence for me is fake , i just dont get why the world cant be honest and just say it ,,, its ether real of fake.. why all the secrecy , does my napper in

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

It is called layering and duplicate layering, manipulation and merging layers

Yes. It's called manipulation. You cannot increase the resolution of an image.

The original resolution cannot be changed, but can be enhanced by adding in pixel layers that weren't there before.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The original resolution cannot be changed, but can be enhanced by adding in pixel layers that weren't there before.

Yes. That is why I responded to this statement:

With this statement:

That cannot be done. You cannot obtain more information than is in the "original" image

You have not produced a higher resolution image. You have enhanced certain aspects of the original. You have also introduced information which was not in the original image at all.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join