It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enoch Assures Us Concerning Current Events - Consider His Words and Do Not Fear

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

So you say I need to slaughter innocent animals and degrade the ones I have not killed? I don't understand the meaning.

Miss the allegory i see. Are you christian?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

So you say I need to slaughter innocent animals and degrade the ones I have not killed? I don't understand the meaning.

I don't see how a label can define me or do anything but put me in a box and limit me. I don't subscribe to your definition or your interpretation of the word, "christian",if that's what you are asking, nor do I see how it is at all relevant to my ability or inability to comprehend any book. I look from the most honest place I can find where there is no societal conditioning telling me what to believe, and then I use my god given analytical capacities to determine what is true and what is false.

And I am not too egotistical to admit that, no, in didn't understand the allegory, and that is solely due to my choice to not try hard enough. I don't want to figure it out for myself, but I would like to hear your interpretation, and then I will tell you what parts of your interpretation i think are a misinterpretion. So if you would be so kind...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I don't see how a label can define me or do anything but put me in a box and limit me. I don't subscribe to your definition or your interpretation of the word, "christian",if that's what you are asking, nor do I see how it is at all relevant to my ability or inability to comprehend any book. I look from the most honest place I can find where there is no societal conditioning telling me what to believe, and then I use my god given analytical capacities to determine what is true and what is false.

And I am not too egotistical to admit that, no, in didn't understand the allegory, and that is solely due to my choice to not try hard enough. I don't want to figure it out for myself, but I would like to hear your interpretation, and then I will tell you what parts of your interpretation i think are a misinterpretion. So if you would be so kind...

Revelation isn't mine to give. You wouldn't believe anything i told you about it. Seek and you shall find.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Well if that is what you believe, then you believe so because you know it is in opposition to what I have already stated in this thread. In that case, you'd be correct. No need to have mentioned it in the first place then since you already knew I wasn't going to agree with it anyway, was there?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

" it's about us judging the absolute "
Would you clarify what this means?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

Absolutely. (no pun intended)

The absolute is that which transcends human conceptualization and subjective determination. It is what transcends labels and is true for all. It is that which can be equally verified by all as the exact same thing. It has no definite quality nor can it be attached to any adjective. Because adjectives and qualities are subjective and relative and therefore not the same for all. The absolute cannot be defined. I can point to it, but I know that what I am pointing at is mysterious and indescribable.

It is neither good nor bad. It just is. Neither cold nor hot. It just is. It is neither fast nor slow. It just is. Neither big nor small. It just is. The absolute cannot be defined. It just is. When YOU see that things just are, then you are aware of the mystery. You catch a glimpse of the absolute. Everything, including you, just is. So just be. Do nothing else. And know that everything you see is doing the same. Just being. The absolute is everything that just is. It is prior to conceptualization.

So to answer your question. Judging the absolute separates you from the awareness of it. Judging anything that just is separates you from the truth of it. Jesus doesn't judge. If he did, he couldn't know God. It's about you judging the absolute because it's time for a wake up call. It's time to be relieved from delusion and be relieved from lies.

Remember. In the garden of eden, the deceiver reeeally wanted you to eat that fruit. Why? Because then you would be susceptible to his lies. Then he had power over you. The knowledge of good and evil is no knowledge at all. See this or be the perpetuating victim of that fateful day. See this and be redeemed.
edit on 19-12-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Absolutely. (no pun intended)

The absolute is that which transcends human conceptualization and subjective determination. It is what transcends labels and is true for all. It is that which can be equally verified by all as the exact same thing. It has no definite quality nor can it be attached to any adjective. Because adjectives and qualities are subjective and relative and therefore not the same for all. The absolute cannot be defined. I can point to it, but I know that what I am pointing at is mysterious and indescribable.

It is neither good nor bad. It just is. Neither cold nor hot. It just is. It is neither fast nor slow. It just is. Neither big nor small. It just is. The absolute cannot be defined. It just is. When YOU see that things just are, then you are aware of the mystery. You catch a glimpse of the absolute. Everything, including you, just is. So just be. Do nothing else. And know that everything you see is doing the same. Just being. The absolute is everything that just is. It is prior to conceptualization.

So to answer your question. Judging the absolute separates you from the awareness of it. Judging anything that just is separates you from the truth of it. Jesus doesn't judge. If he did, he couldn't know God. It's about you judging the absolute because it's time for a wake up call. It's time to be relieved from delusion and be relieved from lies.

Remember. In the garden of eden, the deceiver reeeally wanted you to eat that fruit. Why? Because then you would be susceptible to his lies. Then he had power over you. The knowledge of good and evil is no knowledge at all. See this or be the perpetuating victim of that fateful day. See this and be redeemed.
edit on 19-12-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

There are a few thing here that do not make sense. All human absolutes is either a conscience or subconscious action, one cannot be absolutely disconnected to this world unless they are dead or in a coma. The bible is full of verses that says that Christ will judge that nations so saying that Jesus never judged is untrue. Jesus is part of the God head so He is God and He is fully human too. Which is a mystery. Weather you acknowledge the enemy or not he still has an influence on you directly or indirectly so saying you are not part of the fall and therefore not susceptible to the effects of that fall is silly.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

I may be susceptible, but all hope is not lost. I see a light at the end of the tunnel. I am much less susceptible than most and am increasing my resistance to deception and delusion.

There is no such thing as "a human absolute", and even in death you will be connected to this world and all worlds. although they won't be the same as you once new them. They will be seen from a much more proper perspective.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

The bible is full of verses that says that Christ will judge that nations so saying that Jesus never judged is untrue.

Dude come on. What I wrote makes perfect sense. But it goes against your beliefs so you refuse the idea. Without honest consideration, and not even thinking about it for yourself, you just dismiss it because you read it in the Bible. You didn't even try to understand and you didn't try to determine for yourself if what I said could be true or not. You just knew what I said was different than what's in the book, so therefore its automatically wrong. And you wonder why atheists hate Christians. Y'all do this crap all the time and it's frustrating.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

The bible is full of verses that says that Christ will judge that nations so saying that Jesus never judged is untrue.

Dude come on. What I wrote makes perfect sense. But it goes against your beliefs so you refuse the idea. Without honest consideration, and not even thinking about it for yourself, you just dismiss it because you read it in the Bible. You didn't even try to understand and you didn't try to determine for yourself if what I said could be true or not. You just knew what I said was different than what's in the book, so therefore its automatically wrong. And you wonder why atheists hate Christians. Y'all do this crap all the time and it's frustrating.

LOL....what's written in the Bible is what makes someone a Christian.
If what you say to a Christian is different than what's in the Book, then by that rationale what you say is inferior and takes no precedence.
Why condemn someone for being faithful to their beliefs? How could you possibly know what sort of honest consideration anyone has given to their choice of faith?
Are you a seer of hearts?

The Christian faith is based on the Bible. Period. It is based on certain, specific tenets. If what you say is contrary to those, then it is your own religion, not Christianity. Your own religion may be true for you, but not for someone who believes the Gospel.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Truth is truth is truth. Beliefs have nothing to do with it. Logic does though. And demonstrable facts. But believing something because a voice in your head, or a strong emotion, or even your location of birth told you too is just setting yourself up for being deceived.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

And I know what kind of consideration people have give to their faith from their demonstration of either their ability or inability to consider what is known to be true.

For example, someone who believes the universe is 6000 years old probably has given 0 consideration as to the potential invalidity of the source of that belief. To me it's obvious. To Christians, it's emotional and there is fear of burning in fire for eternity for stepping outside of that infinitely small box.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

And I know what kind of consideration people have give to their faith from their demonstration of either their ability or inability to consider what is known to be true.

For example, someone who believes the universe is 6000 years old probably has given 0 consideration as to the potential invalidity of the source of that belief. To me it's obvious. To Christians, it's emotional and there is fear of burning in fire for eternity for stepping outside of that infinitely small box.

You seem to be placing a large, general consensus of Christians in an infinitely small box.

And faith, by its very definition, makes demonstrable facts irrelevant.

It is the nature of mankind to have faith, however men have made a religion out of method.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Truth is truth is truth. Beliefs have nothing to do with it. Logic does though. And demonstrable facts. But believing something because a voice in your head, or a strong emotion, or even your location of birth told you too is just setting yourself up for being deceived.

There is only one Truth, however it is the propensity of men for truth to be relative to the observer.
Logic does not equal truth.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

We do not believe the universe is 6000 years old, that is retarded. 6000 years ago is when Adam was created not the universe

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

"faith makes demonstrable facts irrelevant"

No. Faith makes dekonstrable facts irrelevant in the minds of willingly blind fools is what you should have said.

Demonstrable facts are entirely relevant to those who don't wish to live under a rock.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Actually it's not quite clear what Christians believe considering the fact that y'all have so many denominations.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

"faith makes demonstrable facts irrelevant"

No. Faith makes dekonstrable facts irrelevant in the minds of willingly blind fools is what you should have said.

Demonstrable facts are entirely relevant to those who don't wish to live under a rock.

What are dekonstrable facts

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

So you're resorting to calling me out on a typo? Yeah you sure made me look dumb. I didn't know I was having an argument with someone so clever. I really didn't expect such cleverness from someone who said "facts are irrelevant". But you sure showed me, didn't you?

I guess this kind of immaturity should be labeled typical Christian behavior then too. Way to score one for your team. Did you have to go to school to become that clever, or do it just come naturally? Oh that's right, school is for non believers. My bad, I forgot you were a sheep.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

So you're resorting to calling me out on a typo? Yeah you sure made me look dumb. I didn't know I was having an argument with someone so clever. I really didn't expect such cleverness from someone who said "facts are irrelevant". But you sure showed me, didn't you?

I guess this kind of immaturity should be labeled typical Christian behavior then too. Way to score one for your team. Did you have to go to school to become that clever, or do it just come naturally? Oh that's right, school is for non believers. My bad, I forgot you were a sheep.

My honest answer? Based on the pontificating and haranguing nature of your previous posts I actually thought you were trying to make some sort of connotative new word. I guess you could say I was trying to at least give you the benefit of the doubt for spelling it correctly 2 out of the 3 times you had it in your post.

Other than that, that's pretty much all you gave me to work with for any sort of response to your little tirade you got going on here.

I get it. You've made up your mind, in your epic wisdom, that all people of faith are total idiots. And all those of the Christian faith have a double-scoop o'stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join