It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks to All the Brits...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by hawkiye

S&F

Brits know......

Great video... Makes you wonder how many of the Brit accounts here are sock puppets....

edit on 18-12-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

The video is about a demonstration against a ban on fox hunting, and the ban on guns. While the ban on hunting foxes is absolute, the ban on guns is not. Some people, most in fact, were talking about fox hunting, often the pursuit of the elite, often the fox was torn to pieces by the dogs, and often riders running amok in farmers fields. Just to clear things up, after what is a somewhat misleading video. The gun protestor talking about target shooting probably does have a gun for that purpose, they are not banned, certain types of pistols and revolvers are allowed for certification, as are types of rifles, and shotguns. Fox hunters, and gun clubs, are a tiny part of the population, most of the rest of the population are not interested.

To edit,
yorkshirelad, we're both on the same wavelength
It just shows how a foreign report for consumption at home, can be so misleading.
edit on 18-12-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Um, re-read your history. The British weren't getting their asses handed to them...they were going broke because of their war with France.

The Americans timed the revolution just right to take advantage of that fact. If it wasn't for that fact that the King of Englad owed so much for his campaigns in Europe -- the war would have sided for the English.
edit on 18-12-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Here's the stats,

www.guardian.co.uk...

I had to link, a copy and paste won't work on that size.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Apologies if "off topic",I have been looking at the 2nd amendment. Listed below

- deterring undemocratic government;
- repelling invasion;
- suppressing insurrection;
- facilitating a natural right of self-defense;
- participating in law enforcement;
- enabling the people to organize a militia system.

There is a strong element of fighting the government and protecting against despots here.

What I cannot understand is how the guns will help Joe Public today - especially as the government has tanks, kevlar, drones, chemical weapons. This may have kept a balance in the 1760s but feels imbalanced now.

Or can US citizens have their own tanks and chemical weapons?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

im a brit and i couldnt care less about what america does , in fact i find it hilarious that people cant just have a gun and not shoot people

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by templar knight
Apologies if "off topic",I have been looking at the 2nd amendment. Listed below

- deterring undemocratic government;
- repelling invasion;
- suppressing insurrection;
- facilitating a natural right of self-defense;
- participating in law enforcement;
- enabling the people to organize a militia system.

There is a strong element of fighting the government and protecting against despots here.

What I cannot understand is how the guns will help Joe Public today - especially as the government has tanks, kevlar, drones, chemical weapons. This may have kept a balance in the 1760s but feels imbalanced now.

Or can US citizens have their own tanks and chemical weapons?

I wonder how they would have reconciled No1 with No3? that would be like civil war almost.

I think you can own a tank though...second-hand of course! same as Britain.

edit on 18-12-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Let me see, where to start?

You still have 6,000,000 guns in your country.

Most of them seem to be in the hands of criminals.

Nonsense.
The vast majority are legally held by citizens who meet certain legal criteria.

I may have messed up the quote I was trying to convey but the point still stands.

I feel the need to point out the obvious in your statement. I don't know the stats but I would guess about 90-95% of guns in this country are owned by legal citizens who own them legally. Just because some people get them illegally, either buy buying or stealing them, doesn't negate the fact that we have the right to own them for personal reasons, whether that be for target practice or self defense.

Despite some preconceptions, people in the US can't just go out and buy any gun in a corner store and take it home. If you are buying from a licensed dealer you have to fill out paperwork and in the case of handguns there is a waiting period.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thov420

Thanks for the clarification.

But my post was in response to someone who claimed that the majority of the 6,000,000 guns in the UK are in the hands of criminals - they aren't, they are legally owned.
The reality is that in the UK very few criminals use guns of any kind when committing their crimes.

My point is still very much relevant and valid.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
There aren't mass shootings in the UK not because guns are restricted but because there is no political agenda left to push by staging them.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

The thing is if Americans like you can't evolve from a cowboy mentality then you'll never stop this kind of thing from happening. Might be why the British were happy to bid you adieu.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I wouldn't waste your effort, I've met Americans like him.....most think England is one of there States! Says it all really.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The OP is actually cringe-worthy
well done. I feel sorry for people like you.
edit on 18-12-2012 by The 5th because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SerialVelocity

Thank you for the sweeping generalization that all Americans stick our noses into the affairs of other countries. On the other hand, you have British people actually thinking that their opinion means anything in a country that they've probably never even been to.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

Thank you for the sweeping generalization that all Americans stick our noses into the affairs of other countries.

Not all, but many.

Many Americans are extremely vocal in their idolisation of The US Constitution and how other countries are somehow inferior as a result of not having something identical.
But I guess that's ok?

On the other hand, you have British people actually thinking that their opinion means anything in a country that they've probably never even been to.

This statement may have at least some credibility if wasn't from a native of a country where the vast majority of it's citizens haven't even ventured outside of their own states let alone visit another country yet they feel free to offer their opinions on anything and anyone with impunity.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
reply to post by hawkiye

Please do read this link and explain to me how your country is supposedly safer by allowing guns as most of you claim?

www.guardian.co.uk...

Funny, because in the UK guns are banned (at least lethal firearms anyway) and guess what.....our citizens are far less likely to be 'murdered'.

I understand how a lot of you seem to think it's another step in the right-direction for the NWO to gain a stronger grip over it's population, but in all seriousness, having access to a gun isn't 'really' going to change anything is it.

You and your family under attack at home? Use a baseball bat!

How does this help when they bring an illegally acquired gun to the show?

To think that if they ban guns that it will be much harder to get them, is silly to me.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
No offense, but I would suggest my English brethren keep their nose in their own affairs.

Originally posted by SerialVelocity

That's funny because we have been thinking that about our American brethren for decades!

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
reply to post by SerialVelocity

Thank you for the sweeping generalization that all Americans stick our noses into the affairs of other countries. On the other hand, you have British people actually thinking that their opinion means anything in a country that they've probably never even been to.

Let me get this straight. You make a sweeping generalisation about the English, then have a go at someone cause they make a sweeping generalisation.

You're funny.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
There's a reason why everybody in the world believes that the UK will spawn the anti-christ.

Think about it.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicWand67
There's a reason why everybody in the world believes that the UK will spawn the anti-christ.

Think about it.

Is it because he is less likely to get shot?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

Everyone?

And I thought the US had convinced people that he was going to be Iranian?
But I forget, that was last month - I expect it will be North Korea or Russia's turn next month to be demonised.

Or maybe you'll choose someone new - obviously someone who has the audacity to disagree or speak out against anything to do with the sacrosanct US Constitution.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicWand67

Think about it.

They will fool you all.

It's going to be TWINS.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join