It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks to All the Brits...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
It isn't just brits though is it? practically the entire world feels the same way.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
The War Of Independance in 1776 had absolutely nothing to do with The Right To Bear Arms - apart from spouting jingoistic claptrap I really fail to see what rational and relevant point you are trying to make here.
use: grammar and clarity

Agreed, what a load of rubbish spouted again.

Originally posted by GrandStrategy
It isn't just brits though is it? practically the entire world feels the same way.

That's an interesting thought... I wonder what the stat's are. Most of the EU must be similar? I believe they updated the Gun law in 2008? Thats 502,500 million people.
edit on 18-12-2012 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by sonnny1

That video infuriates me.

Please god and citizens, don't let us turn into Europe.

More lefty nut bags giving more power to criminals than victims and the innocent....it definitely is a mental disorder.

YOU may want to be a victim, yippee for you, don't buy a gun..... But don't make the rest of us suffer with you.

So why do you have more murders and violent crimes in USA then?? Why do for example Norway have very few?? Not even police here carry guns unless there is a special situation, but yet we have way less murders??
How does that make sense to you?? And why do you keep ignoring the facts that countries who had gun banned for a long period of time also has less issues?? We have never EVER had such a school shooting. The only real incident since second world war was the breivik shootings and bombings. Even compard to population such crimes are very high in USA compared to rest of the west.
The reason you have to carry guns to feel safe is because of guns being so widespread in first place. If it was banned since beginning then you might not have had these issues.

The FACT is that it is much harder for criminals to get firearms here than in USA, which means they rather resort to much less lethal weapons like knives or no weapons at all which means less injuries and death.
Why is this so damn hard for you gun lovers to understand?? I am now over 30 years of age and have yet to even see a real gun in real life that is how rare guns are here.

Breivik got hold of firearms because he imported it over internet and somehow it slipped through customs.

But keep your guns.. i wont stop you
Must be nice walking out at night knowing that severe schizophrenics and other lunatics carry guns as well. I know of an american who is so delusional now that he thinks everyone is a part of some government agency against him including his own friends. This guy is a diagnosed schizophrenic but still he is able to easily aquire both guns and other weapons. I think i feel safer living in a country where guns are very rare.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by fuserleer

Worst case, I get stabbed (again), or get a beating if my own skills fail me....I'd rather either of them to death.

You do know you can die from a knife wound........

Consider yourself lucky, to survive the first attack.

But could a guy with a knife kill people like in a shooting spree?? No #ing way. The china incident that took place at around the same time proved that. The only way to kill someone with a knife is to be in very close proximity to the victim and even then there is a good chance of survival. With a gun you can kill people from a distance and there is not much point in trying to run away either.

You gun lovers really prove how brainwashed you are.
edit on 18-12-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

reply to post by SpearMint

Here cause your to lazy to look for yourself.

Culture of violence: Gun crime goes up by 89% in a decade

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The latest Government figures show that the total number of firearm offences in England and Wales has increased from 5,209 in 1998/99 to 9,865 last year - a rise of 89 per cent. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

edit on 18-12-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

But yet nowhere near USA:

The United Kingdom has one of the lowest rates of gun homicides in the world with 0.07 recorded intentional homicides committed with a firearm per 100,000 inhabitants in 2009 compared to the United States' 3.0 (over 40 times higher) and to Germany's 0.21 (3 times higher).[3] With the exception of Northern Ireland, it has been public policy that police officers in the United Kingdom should not generally be armed with firearms. [4][5][6] Despite police being unarmed, shooting fatalities of members of the police are extremely rare; there were three in England and Wales in the eleven-year period from 2000/01 to 2010/11.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

It's simple....my reasoning is the same as the OPs, the UK needs to stop telling the US to ban guns......period.

And I didn't put down your government, I said it is very different than ours.

And here is another problem.. Some of us arent even telling you to ban guns, as it is way too late for that now. Some people like me are just trying to wake you people up to the FACT that letting everyone own guns also has some very negative sides to it. If you were to ban guns now things would not get better before far into the future as most people will probably not return their guns.
Here we have had a long lasting ban which means that we have so few guns that it is HARD even for CRIMINALS which means they are more likely to use other means to commit crimes like for example knives which means less are killed even if we have as many lunatics here.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
Breaking NEWS!

Yet another killing spree in America... bla bla bla

I'll sleep well tonight and leave you Americans to it...

Breaking News, The UK has more violent crime than the U.S. I'd rather be shot in the U.S. than stabbed in the UK.

Daily Mail

On a side-note I really don't agree with the OP's overall message, it's unnecessarily rude and childish in its' wording. However, he's right about some things.
edit on 12/18/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
One of the little boys that was killed, only moved here 2 years ago. He was found wrapped in the arms of his aid, who was also killed.

I think they have a right to be pissed that one of their children is dead.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Yes, the UK is extremely violent in certain places - but deaths and serious injuries are still relatively low - which is exactly the reason why we don't want guns being as readily available as they are in the US.

To be fair I think, and I openly admit that this is pure conjecture and I could easily be wrong here, one of the major reasons for the rise in crime stats is that people are increasingly encouraged to report any crime - once over many assaults etc were just accepted as part and parcel of life or were dealt with 'in house', with the introduction of criminal injuries compensation and other policing practices this is actively discouraged nowadays.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

reply to post by Freeborn

I said you were weak for giving up your right to guns, that is my opinion and I stick by it.

Fair enough. Over here, we do not see the need for them. I don't have to worry about gangs coming through my home and attacking me and raping the mrs.

Each to their own. I will take the fist fights and verbal abuse, you can keep the mass shootings and gang bangers.

Deal?

Maybe I read this wrong, you don't have gangs where you live? Nore have to worry about a break in?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
We are your ancestors mate. America and the UK now suffer under the delusion that we live in a democracy/democratic monarchy. This is not the case, its Illuminati all the way im afraid. How many 33 degree Scottish rite masons have hade a hand and still do in the creation of your United States. Operative word being Scottish, a member nation of the UK i do believe!
edit on 18-12-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
As much as I love England and want to go there some day, the UK has the second highest crime rate in Europe and even if you defend yourself against an intruder in your home with a knife, you can be dragged off to jail.

No offense, but I would suggest my English brethren keep their nose in their own affairs.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
People should stop taking this so personally.

The last time I checked, discussions were encouraged on this website and the 'Brits' are merely offering there opinions from their experience of living in a country where access to weapons is restricted. Why the all out attack?

OP - Was it necessary to be so childish as to make reference to the War Of Independence? (My dad is bigger than yours etc.) I think it discredits your thread. We see comments like this and this is what leaves us scratching our heads. So you will wage war and shoot anyone who tries to take your guns? Facepalm!

I have never understood why some get so excited about the Second Amendment. Does it really, and I mean really, incense you that much that you might have to surrender an innanimate object from your house? Statistically, i wonder how many of the American population have genuinely resorted to their right to bear arms to keep themselves safe. If each day was lived fighting running battles against other families in your street, I could understand, but I am guessing it is not actually like that is it?

I sit on the fence with my legs dangling on the side of better gun control. If there is even the smallest opportunity that increased gun control could save the lives of innocent loved ones in the future, than it should surely be looked at.

Love, an ignorant emasculated neutered Brit.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna

No offense, but I would suggest my English brethren keep their nose in their own affairs.

That's funny because we have been thinking that about our American brethren for decades!

Oh and you could only be 'dragged off to jail' if the force was deemed disproportionate to the crime taking place...and that has actually recently changed. Very few people are now to be prosecuted for protecting their own property.
edit on 18-12-2012 by SerialVelocity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Please do read this link and explain to me how your country is supposedly safer by allowing guns as most of you claim?

www.guardian.co.uk...

Funny, because in the UK guns are banned (at least lethal firearms anyway) and guess what.....our citizens are far less likely to be 'murdered'.

I understand how a lot of you seem to think it's another step in the right-direction for the NWO to gain a stronger grip over it's population, but in all seriousness, having access to a gun isn't 'really' going to change anything is it.

You and your family under attack at home? Use a baseball bat!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

Originally posted by roughycannon
Breaking NEWS!

Yet another killing spree in America... bla bla bla

I'll sleep well tonight and leave you Americans to it...

Breaking News, The UK has more violent crime than the U.S. I'd rather be shot in the U.S. than stabbed in the UK.

Daily Mail

On a side-note I really don't agree with the OP's overall message, it's unnecessarily rude and childish in its' wording. However, he's right about some things.
edit on 12/18/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

It was breaking news in 2009 when the article was written.

Try a more up to date version (from a less sensationalistic rag).
www.guardian.co.uk...

It's also interesting that the amount of homicides in the whole of England and Wales in 2011/12 was roughly the same as the amount of homicides in Los Angeles in the same period.
551 in England & Wales vs 517 in L.A.
projects.latimes.com...

I'd say you're more like to die at the hands of a criminal in the US than in the UK.
Wonder what the differential factor is....?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
As a brit I think giving up the right to bear arms would be insane given the number of guns in circulation. With so many people having guns and no doubt the majority of all criminals I for one would want to be carrying!

It is a ridiculously tricky situation to solve though. If everyone was carrying these things would not happen, someone tried to mow down classroom of kids and the teacher could stop them in a second. But then you have the more obvious problem of little fights kicking off into shootings all the time.

I do think automatic weapons should be much more heavily monitored though, as these are the ones that always do the most severe damage.

Out of interest to the Americans in this thread, what is your view on automatic assault rifles? Do you think these should be as readily available as they are?

Bottom lines is if you're a psycho you can kill with anything, it's just that assault rifles make it so easy to do so much damage in a very short period of time.

I for one though would be fighting for my right to keep my arms if I was over there.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Thanks for reminding us why we separated from you back in 1776! Some of your ancestors tried to take our guns back then and got there asses handed to them and any one who tries to take them today from us will meet the same fate!

No, just no.
edit on 18-12-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I can't believe all of these British bashing threads.

Some of you are starting to show your true colours. Maybe we should come in and clear out all of your home grown terrorists.

I believe it can only be a matter of time now surely.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by hawkiye

S&F

Brits know......

Great video... Makes you wonder how many of the Brit accounts here are sock puppets....

edit on 18-12-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

If you think that video is of a typical british citizen then you are seriously deluded. he is memeber of a small minority group that thinks it is ever so sporting to chase a fox with several hounds whilst riding on horseback dressed in a bright red coat. They then allow the dogs to rip the exhausted fox apart all in the name of "sport". He is a minority view even in the countryside, never mind the millions of city dwellers.

Jesus !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join