It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Attempts to Fire on Crowd at Theater - Off Duty Deputy Drops Him

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by solarjetman
Originally posted by allbab

Okay cause I didn't really add to the thread, here's a story I found to be along the same lines... A second mass shooting was prevented the same day as the CT shooting, but nobody heard about it. One thing thats funny about all the "madness" in the world is that we never notice when things are actually operating exactly as they should be.

edit on 19-12-2012 by solarjetman because: (no reason given)

Good link to a good article. For those not wanting to read an article, at least skip to the last paragraph. I think it really sums up the root of the problem, but not only identifying the root but a solution. ...and guess what? its NOT more gun control.
edit on 19-12-2012 by Nanu13 because: it put my post inside the quoted reply

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Nanu13

BTW, Lord of War was an AWESOME movie. I've watched it a few times now. I never really paid attention to that factoid in there.

Its at the end, just before credits. At 1:23 in here...

edit on 19-12-2012 by intrptr because: time stamp

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nanu13

Good link to a good article. For those not wanting to read an article, at least skip to the last paragraph. I think it really sums up the root of the problem, but not only identifying the root but a solution. ...and guess what? its NOT more gun control.

Yes, I think it's hard for gun-control nuts to argue with this article. At the end of the day, the best solution is not to "disarm" maniac shooters but to make sure we have a citizenry that knows how to observe and report. This massacre would have happened regardless of whether Adam Lanza had access to guns; it would not have happened if his mom, his psychiatrist, his girlfriend, and his friends had told the police about his plans.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
Every single story of psychopaths going crazy with a gun and the situation being resolved by a law abiding concealed carry citizen are completely ignored by the MSM.

I read today how Discovery is cancelling American Guns because people some are complaining that it makes guns look "fun, glamorous and acceptable," So we live in a world where Jersey Shore, Jackass, Toddlers and Tiaras, and Honey Boo Boo are glamorous and acceptable, but an American small business that promotes the 2nd Amendment, family protection and responsibility is a no no. We live in a topsy turvy world.

You can expect this thread to to get little more than a chorus of crickets if not swept under the rug completely.
edit on 18-12-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

Where the hell did the OP get it from if not from MSM? An ouija board?
What you're really saying is it's not as popular as the 20/child 7/adult 1-person/suicide massacre....that took place on Friday therefore it's being ignored. Is that your beef?

If you noticed, Yahoo has almost completely stopped reporting about the Sandy Hill killing. I think the MSM is under instruction to stop reporting these copy-cat killings for a while.

You (not 'you' per se) can't have it both ways. The MSM is either under-reporting, over-reporting or misreporting.
We are not living in a perfect world so stop complaining.
It's easy to be a critic. It's harder to become a problem-solver.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Funny, that with the recent shootings, I've seen a lot of people post stuff like "I'd like to see them try this in Texas" (or insert name of gun-liberal area).

Well, I guess someone tried it in Texas.

And it looks like this is +1 for the pro-gun-rights camp.

Shooters become timid in a well-armed society. And if they're not timid, they don't get off too many rounds. It's just common sense.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam
Funny, that with the recent shootings, I've seen a lot of people post stuff like "I'd like to see them try this in Texas" (or insert name of gun-liberal area).

Well, I guess someone tried it in Texas.

And it looks like this is +1 for the pro-gun-rights camp.

Shooters become timid in a well-armed society. And if they're not timid, they don't get off too many rounds. It's just common sense.

Exactly. This is why you never see mass shootings in a place like Arizona, Texas, or on military bases.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Wow I don't hear anything about this on the news

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

The OP gave the Blaze as a reference, which gave a local news story as its reference. In addition, other references posted in the thread were local. No national level coverage was given. If ever such a story is covered, it is only going to be on Fox News, and then only as a blurb.

National level news will never EVER promote a story if it favorably reflects on firearms.

ETA: Local news agencies are the only ones to ever promote such stories, because the communities positively benefit and local heroes are made.
edit on 19-12-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join