It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Attempts to Fire on Crowd at Theater - Off Duty Deputy Drops Him

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

With one shot, an off-duty sheriff’s deputy took down a gunman who attempted to opened fire at a crowded movie theater lobby during a late night showing of “The Hobbit” in San Antonio, WOAI reports. Police say a gunman, identified as Jesus Manuel Garcia, chased patrons from the nearby China Garden Restaurant into the lobby of the Santikos Mayan 14 movie theater at around 9 p.m. on Sunday. Garcia, an employee of the restaurant, reportedly walked in the establishment looking for a woman. When the woman, also reportedly a restaurant employee, wasn’t there, Garcia pulled out a gun and attempted to open fire in the restaurant but his weapon jammed.

The commotion sent horrified restaurant patrons into the movie theater lobby, but the gunman followed. He again attempted to open fire, and this time his gun didn’t jam. Garcia reportedly shot one man in the chest before Antu says an off-duty sheriff’s deputy working security the theater shot him once, dropping him to the floor. Bexar County sheriff’s Sgt. Lisa Castellano reportedly chased the gunman toward the back of the theater. The 13-year department veteran cornered him after he ran into a men’s restroom and shot him before taking his gun.

www.theblaze.com...

Kudos to the Sgt.

+48 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Every single story of psychopaths going crazy with a gun and the situation being resolved by a law abiding concealed carry citizen are completely ignored by the MSM.

I read today how Discovery is cancelling American Guns because people some are complaining that it makes guns look "fun, glamorous and acceptable," So we live in a world where Jersey Shore, Jackass, Toddlers and Tiaras, and Honey Boo Boo are glamorous and acceptable, but an American small business that promotes the 2nd Amendment, family protection and responsibility is a no no. We live in a topsy turvy world.

You can expect this thread to to get little more than a chorus of crickets if not swept under the rug completely.
edit on 18-12-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
So if the reasoning of a lot of ATS members is right, there should be hidden messages of this massacre that did not happen in the black knight rises and it should somehow connect to aurora and sandy hook somehow...

We love to bash the police but we see from this that they are not all crooked and filled with hatred. That man is a hero.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I post a lot in the 'bad cop' threads so to be fair I have to give credit to this officer.

She was able to neutralize the gunman and not hurt anyone else in the process.

On a side note, another shooting? Really?
edit on 18-12-2012 by scorpiosin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Just so you know, theres about a hundred threads on this already.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Honestly, I think we'll see a few more stories like this in the upcoming week with the pending Doomsday just around the corner. It's only a few days away and I think we can see a few people completely lose it before then.

As for the OP, kudos to the cop who saved the day.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrysniper

Kudos to the Sgt.

Kudos for you for help bringing it to light! God Bless you...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I was not aware of the shows delay/cancellation for the week. That is truly sickening...
edit on 12/17/1212 by foodstamp because: typo

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charmeine
Honestly, I think we'll see a few more stories like this in the upcoming week with the pending Doomsday just around the corner. It's only a few days away and I think we can see a few people completely lose it before then.

The stories only come "more often" because (a) you are more aware of them after a national event like the Sandy Hook event (b) news outlets ride the tide and start putting out more stories that relate to the "flavor of the month."

Nothing linked to "doomsday" or the like. These stories have been around since guns were around.
edit on 2012.12.18 by TravisBickle451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Nobody lost their life in this situation, it becomes a non story. Unfortunately this type of story doesn't keep viewers glued to the television the same way a school massacre does.

This woman is a hero for saving lives, even that of the gunman.

What the hell is wrong with the people in this country lately?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TravisBickle451

What I'm saying is that people are acting more and more crazy these days. You can see it on here on ats. I'm not saying the shootings are linked to it but people are definitely becoming more and more violent - that has become apparent this year.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charmeine

What I'm saying is that people are acting more and more crazy these days. You can see it on here on ats. I'm not saying the shootings are linked to it but people are definitely becoming more and more violent - that has become apparent this year.

I disagree. Things are not "more and more crazy these days." The thing is that information travels faster and reaches further these days. Also, re-read my previous post and note (a) and (b).

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by allbab
So if the reasoning of a lot of ATS members is right, there should be hidden messages of this massacre that did not happen in the black knight rises and it should somehow connect to aurora and sandy hook somehow...

We love to bash the police but we see from this that they are not all crooked and filled with hatred. That man is a hero.

You asked for it: Jesus Manuel Garcia, chased patrons from the nearby China Garden Restaurant into the lobby of the Santikos Mayan 14.........Look at his name first...lol I know it's not pronounced the same but still, lol...then he chases people from a garden into a theatre called the Mayan 14 lol...Mayans...HELLO,

But on a serious note...nice job by the off duty officer. Glad he was there.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I've seen you do this a few times without even bothering to link. There is an ALERT feature you can utilize. It may interfere with your attention seeking, but it gets the job done. I realize this may seem hypocritical but Im using it as a platform to make other members aware so we can rid ourselves of star seeking mini mods.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

You're entitled to that opinion. As I am to mine. I will not be back to this thread to further explain myself.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

I disagree, I think that those people that BELIEVE the end of the world is upon us are showing us what exactly would happen if we did end up in that scenario.Chaos and catastrophes bring out the best or worst in people,and what situation would be better to bring out people's true selves than the end of the world?Yes there are shootings and such all the time going on,but in a lot of cities the murder rates have been dropping.And now we have this,with only 3 days left till the so called end anyone that is slightly mentally unstable is going to act out.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Any reports on the gun the alleged assailant used? I bet it was a cheap a## raven .25 ........I mean really, what's with all the gun jamming? Luck? Divine intervention? In every single case the gun has jammed. I don't know the facts and I am glad that the officer rapidly neutralized the situation, so don't get me wrong! I have just never , eeeeevvvver, had a gun jam. I am relatively young so that could explain why; also make no home made modifications (which causes guns to jam.). I think my favorite gun ever was my semi auto binelli shotgun. Pretty precise for a shotgun, good for home defense, just an all around quality dependable gun, nothing special--but definitely tried and true. But my early morn brain fog is making me go offtopic....so,um,yeah, any word on the gun???

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Every single story of psychopaths going crazy with a gun and the situation being resolved by a law abiding concealed carry citizen are completely ignored by the MSM.

He wasn't exactly a "law abiding concealed carry citizen", he was a deputy sheriff working security at the theater.

Your comment that this is "ignored" by MSM isn't true - it's all over the local news:

Deputy shoots gunman at San Antonio movie theater
(woai.com)

Man charged in shooting at San Antonio movie theater
(ksat.com)

Breakup sparked theater shootout - San Antonio Express-News
(mysanantonio.com)

Look at it from the two viewpoints on gun control:

• Pro gun - a man with a firearm (a cop, actually) stopped a potential mass shooting at a theater.
  • Anti-gun - a simple breakup nearly led to a mass shooting in a theater.

Yes, we're thankful the theater had security present, we're thankful the off-duty sheriff did his duty. But we're not thankful someone mentally unhinged enough to let breaking up with his girlfriend drive him to open fire into a theater crowd, and we're not thankful he had access to guns.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
True you could come this from both sides.... which ever you do come at it from shows you're true concerna nd your underlying agenda. Yet another shooting and yet more people will scream "see, see" he couldn't have done that damage if guns were banned!".... though no on esees beyond their blinded agenda fueled idealism... he could have just as easily came into possesion of the weapon through illegal means and that still would have resulted in the same scenario playing out. Though the shooting likely would have been worse as he would be sure that he would be receiving worse judicial punishment for having posseion of a firearm were it banned. Marijauna is illegal here and I can come by it easier and faster than I can a legal firearm.

FOCUS SHOULD BE ON THANKFULNESS THAT ONLY ONE PERSON WAS INJURED AND NO ONE WAS KILLED.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Bad a$$ chics are cool

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join