Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

China arrests people over doomsday

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Mods I put this here because it is a current event, even though it is about 2012 and it is a referenced news source, if it is not in the right spot .........

CHINESE police have detained 101 people for spreading rumours of the world's impending end.
The state-run Xinhua News Agency reported on Tuesday that police confiscated leaflets, DVDs and other apocalyptic propaganda in the recent arrests in eight provinces across the country.

Well it seems the doomsday, end of world, 2102, mayan, niburu sensation is a thought process that will land you in jail in China. We know that China has some pretty crazy human rights issues, but jailing people for spreading the truth? A chinese Jesus?
Well their truth anyway. Or is it really the truth?

What I find fascinating is that people all over the world no matter where they live have tapped into the doomsday thing. It is in every language it would seem and no one is immune.

News source

I think we are on the cusp of evolution of thought and the back end of all this will be more confusion. It is a mind trick.

Sometimes we might all complain about our life but spare a thought for these Chinese doomsdayers, 'in lockdown'

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Spreading rumour is punishable in China. No one is allowed to spread falsehoods except the government.
Getting into the competition with the government is a stupid thing to do in China. Maybe they will be released on 22nd with some deflated ego or they could face some really harsh sentences because of the intolerance against religious nuts.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mypan

How do they know it is not true?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

S & F

Thanks for posting this.
So, China doesn't like Mayan Prophecy.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

How many threads are there on this story?

I count 4 or 5 already?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocklobster1
reply to post by magma

How many threads are there on this story?

I count 4 or 5 already?

Seems to be few.

This was the first though.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma
Sometimes we might all complain about our life but spare a thought for these Chinese doomsdayers, 'in lockdown'

China.

Not the same as the old boss.
Signs of the world to come.
People have made their choices to which world power they support.

new topics

top topics

join