It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12-21-12: In Practical Terms, What Are You Expecting?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
What with this new-fangled Internet and all, December 21 is now A Thing. Common citizens know all about it. Except that most of them don't know anything, really, about it--only that it's supposedly the end of the world: Mayan calendars; scarifying prophecies; Ascension; 99-on-the-Richter-Scale earthquakes; Galactic alignment; magnetic pole-flips; physical pole-flips; monster solar flares... Oh. And Nibiru.

Now, I lived in San Francisco for many years, and I know very well that those people will use any excuse to PARTY! I currently live across the Bay in Oakland, and it's just about as bad. Though different. So, in practical terms, in my case, I expect something resembling Halloween, New Year's Eve, 4th of July, and the Gay Pride Parade--all glued together with End-of-the-World angst and hallucinogenics.

Indeed I'm not looking forward to the 30-mile commute home that day. Luckily I get off work at 2:30pm and will be able to make a headlong dash home out front of most of the insanity. I do plan to get in the house and lock the doors.

OR... It could just turn out to be another Y2K.

So, what are you expecting?

EDIT!: To all: It looks like Calgarian started a similar thread a few minutes after this one. To be honest, he's getting much more interest. So I'm abandoning this thread. Please jump to Calgarian's thread....

edit on 12/17/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

It will be just another day...

And loads of excuses the day after...

Honestly im getting tired of postponing the end of the world...

We need to get on with it or get over it...

Face it people.. the world ain't ending anytime soon

:shk:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well, yeah. WE know it's just another day....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
In simplest terms, I'm expecting normal life to go on like it's been happening. Maybe something like this:

edit on 2012.12.17 by TravisBickle451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I'm expecting a lot of people to do a lot of dumb things...

In some ways, it will be a self-fulfilling prophecy because you know there will be some group of people that kills themselves thinking it's the end.

For me personally, it will be like any other day except that I'll be watching for some strange headlines.

12/21/2012 is not about anything impractical... the Mayans mapped time in cycles, and those cycles end as their calendar predicts they will at a specific time, which happens to be the winter solstice next week. It's all about change, a change in cycle(s), and a change in times.

If they were right, the change has already begun, and 12/21 just marks the official date that we leave the previous age behind us.

~Namaste

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisBickle451

All right, STAN!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Yeah. Not very exciting. But still--lot of people don't know that....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
What with this new-fangled Internet and all, December 21 is now A Thing. Common citizens know all about it. Except that most of them don't know anything, really, about it--only that it's supposedly the end of the world: Mayan calendars; scarifying prophecies; Ascension; 99-on-the-Richter-Scale earthquakes; Galactic alignment; magnetic pole-flips; physical pole-flips; monster solar flares... Oh. And Nibiru.

Now, I lived in San Francisco for many years, and I know very well that those people will use any excuse to PARTY! I currently live across the Bay in Oakland, and it's just about as bad. Though different. So, in practical terms, in my case, I expect something resembling Halloween, New Year's Eve, 4th of July, and the Gay Pride Parade--all glued together with End-of-the-World angst and hallucinogenics.

Indeed I'm not looking forward to the 30-mile commute home that day. Luckily I get off work at 2:30pm and will be able to make a headlong dash home out front of most of the insanity. I do plan to get in the house and lock the doors.

OR... It could just turn out to be another Y2K.

So, what are you expecting?

I can tell you what I don't expect. The Spanish Inquisition

No one does

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Holy s***! The Spanish Inquisition!

Never expected that....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I wish the world would wake up and we'd experience some sort of change but I expect a day just like the rest for the most part.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Huh. It's like we've had more exciting times evey other day of the year BUT the 21st....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I'm thinking that we just saw the begining of a major problem here in America. A real begining to provide the Federal government with sweeping powers to confiscate guns. Thus sending us down a path of tragedy and turmoil. That's what 12-21-12 means to me. Another begining of the end. Just like 2001...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I'm thinking that we just saw the begining of a major problem here in America. A real begining to provide the Federal government with sweeping powers to confiscate guns. Thus sending us down a path of tragedy and turmoil. That's what 12-21-12 means to me. Another begining of the end. Just like 2001...

Now that's scary stuff. And I wish it were easy to dismiss. But I've also had similar thoughts in my darkest imagination.

But it's not our imagination. Even if we weren't explicitly set up by TPTB, it is another crisis they will not let "go to waste."

God help us all....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
at the very least, it'll show us how prepared we are for the end.

people would ask; "what were you doing 3-4 days before the end?".

because whether you believed it or not, something was tested even if at the very least, just crossed your mind for a nano-second.

it'll test your faith, reveal "truths" that can't be trusted just for the fact that you are unable to comprehend if it is truth or the source.

but if your faith is strong, and trust in God in the face of death, then you should get by the week in peace and get an early start on spring.

edit on 17-12-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Well, I like the part about getting an early start on spring. The rest requires a little time to digest....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
An epiphany of peace and love would be nice. We (the human race) could use it. So too could our mothership Earth. By the way, the time begins at 6:11 AM here in Mich, so for you it will be earlier in Cali. You might not have to worry about the ride into work, let alone the trip home. Unless, of course, our trip home is a new ride altogether. Hopefully if it is a new ride it will be a nice commute. Peace to all. Happy awakening! Regards, J
edit on 17/12/12 by 02bmw76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I, for one, will be praying to god to accept and forgive my sins and let me ascend in his great kingdom to seat by his side and bask in all his glorious light. The great day is coming and I will be steady and ready.

God bless

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 02bmw76

You do have a point. Everybody east of the Rockies will have several hours on us out here. I'll look in on the news early on and see how things are going....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NoLoveInFear46and2

I can't argue with that kind of passion and faith. I hope it all works out for you....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Here is a video link that can give some spiritual feeling to our world and the possibilities we either face in the short term or long term. Either way it's a cool song... 2012 isn't something that is going to happen. 2012 Is happening. I hope I haven't derailed your thread, and if I have then I apologize. Hope it is enjoyed. Peace, out. www.youtube.com...=266s

top topics

<<   2 >>

join